AISF 2010: An Dún vs Cill Dara

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hard one to call this, after that great 2nd half display from the Kildare men today -- if they can put two halves like that together they'll not be easily thwarted.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

snoopdog

It will be tough to call alright. If Down play like they did against kerry our forwards will take some stopping. Kildare were impressive in second half today.

borderfox

Therell be a Armagh/Down edge to it now with McGeeney managing Kildare,It should be a great game with both fancying their chances
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

WeePeteIsALegend

Heart says Down, head says Kildare.

Fancied Kildare strongly today, but was hoping Meath would win because I think we'd have taken them in a few weeks.

Nowhere near as confident facing the Lilywhites. Very concerned about who will be picking up Kavanagh. Suppose Dan would be a good guy but with him settling in now at FB I doubt Wee James will move him. Midfield will be crucial - can see Kildare winning more breaking ball, and it will be worse if Dermot is passed fit for the game. I fancy he'll make it. Kildare have had so much possession in their games this Summer and I can't see it changing, even though the King/Ambrose partnership is going from strength to strength.

Will need Kildare to have another slow start, kick plenty more wides, have our half forwards win more breaking ball and hope Clarke gets plenty of ball/has a good passing game and regularly finds an in form Benny inside.
''Im very glad you won dat fight Matt, but Im a not imprezzed by your performance''

Dinny Breen

Bit early for this thread but it's Down's semi-final to lose.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Worker

Kildare's semi final to lose.

Already beaten 3 ulster teams this year in the championship.

Applesisapples

I'm going to tip Down by 4 points, mainly because I'm a scud!! :D

5 Sams

Wee James should pin the following piece of prose from the great Liam Hayes up on the changing room wall.

From yesterday's Tribune.

This is still a young, and only a moderately good, Down team and while they laid it on in style in the final minutes, they overplayed the ball sinfully in their own half and their performance was nowhere near as complete or as impressive as the final scoreline indicates.

Nevertheless, Down will feed upon this victory and by the time their semi-final comes around they will probably be itching to put in an even greater performance on the greatest stage in the game. The big question will be, can Down grow further in this championship? The answer is, unlikely.

The Aristocrat Years

bcarrier

they overplayed the ball sinfully in their own half

Feck it. I actually agree with Hayes about something.

Donnellys Hollow

- Down walloped us in Newbridge in the league.
- Down walloped the aristocrats of football in the quarters.
- Down have won five All-Irelands since the sixties.
- Kildare don't start playing until about twenty minutes after the ball is thrown in.
- Kildare will probably be without their talisman and one of the greatest midfielders of his generation.
- Kildare haven't won an All-Ireland since 1928.

Down are raging hot favourites. Kildare will struggle to keep it kicked out to them. It's only a matter of togging out for Down. Us flourbags will just enjoy our day out up in the Big Smoke.  ;)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

imtommygunn

I think Kildare could win this with a bit to spare. They have developed a good system. Down I'm not so sure about. If their forwards click they'll beat anyone but if they don't then the defense would be exposed.

Would be interesting to Kildare against Cork. Kildare are seriously fit but mind Cork are too.

snoopdog

some cute kildare hoors on here. Writing themselves off. I hope it doesnt turn into a game where both sets of players freeze on the day with both afraid to go for the big prize an All Ireland final.
after all Cork and Dublin are the favourites.
Down are the rank outsiders, the sunday game analysts are all over the lillywhites.
Down are still a very young side and are prob a year or two ahead of ourselves so consistency could be an issue. Down are notorious at being consistently inconsistent. Just look at 2008 when we beat Tyrone and then eventually lost to Wexford.
No doubt both counties will be out in numbers for this one.
Down have been in bonus territory since hammering Sligo.
Pity we have to wait a bloody month for the game to come around.

bcarrier

Kildare are favourites. Check Oddschecker.

Sure with the resources they have at there disposal ...ROG and all http://www.examiner.ie/sport/gaa/doyle-gets-shooting-help-from-rugby-ace-ogara-126555.html ...down wont stand a chance.

Dinny Breen

I always said that O'Gara was a sound fella  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

5 Sams

Tickets on sale for this already at Ticketmaster.ie....€45yo yos + €4-50 handling charge....robbin bastards
The Aristocrat Years