All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Zulu on July 31, 2010, 10:34:35 PM
Maybe, but you've suggested that Cork's victory last year was due to a once off performance and Cavanagh missing (undoubtedly a factor) and today's loss was simply a case of Tyrone not having their shooting boots with them. I think that is overly simplistic and doesn't give enough credit to either of your conquerors. I do feel that Tyrone would still beat Dublin 7 or 8 times out of 10 but most of the games would be tight and I'd fancy Cork to beat Tyrone 7 out 10 times at the moment. I know I'm Cork's biggest fan around here but IMO Tyrone haven't looked much better than a lot of teams over the past two years. It has been their guile and experience that has got them past teams rather than a markedly higher level of footballing quality. Wholesale changes aren't needed but a significant turnover of players would be no harm all the same.

That's a fair analysis.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnpower

Quote from: INDIANA on July 31, 2010, 10:15:03 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 31, 2010, 09:35:02 PM
Here Indiana, you had a great win today.
Say something positive.
Anything.
Just throw us a bone here.
↲Gilroy for pope. O gara is keaveney mark 2. And cork are favourites for the semi

Indiana - well impressed by O Gara did much better than our no 14 in terms of finishing . It is great credit to all involved including the loyal supporters . Best of luck to Gilroy and his men .

ONeill

ONeill

Sandy Hill

Can't for the life of me see why Harte did not substitute S Cavanagh and Dooher?
"Stercus accidit"

clarshack

fair play to dublin they deserved to win.

however i feel tyrone lost this game on the line.

like TYP (and sandy hill) i cant believe brian dooher and sean cavanagh lasted 70 mins out there today. peter harte should have been brought on a lot sooner.

also, like the cork game last year no-one seemed to want to kick a decent ball into stephen o'neill.

ONeill

Sean Cavanagh saw more ball in the last 15 in a Tyrone shirt than anyone else. Why would you sub him?
Disappointed with his shot selection but no one else was having a go.
Hub and Colm saw much less of the ball.

Maguire01

Quote from: done and dusted on July 31, 2010, 09:22:33 PM
I totally agree .... serious problems with the tyrone forward line when a mediocre player like penrose is there best forward!!
Penrose is a great player. If he wasn't on a team full of quality players like Tyrone, he'd get a lot more attention. He slips under the radar a lot but he's a great asset to Tyrone.

tyroneboi

Penrose has been one of Tyrones best players this year. Outstanding player in his own right and I think deserves an all star nominee at least for his performances this year.

Jinxy

I always felt Penrose was more highly rated outside Tyrone than he was by his own countymen.
I think he's an excellent player.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Estimator

How many of that Tyrone team were part of the 2004 All-Ireland minor winning team? Is Raymie Mulgrew still about the panel? And of the 2008 team could more of those have been blooded over the last couple of years.  I know P Harte has made a few appearances, but what about Coney and McKenna?
Ulster League Champions 2009

johnpower

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 31, 2010, 11:38:58 PM
Penrose has been one of Tyrones best players this year. Outstanding player in his own right and I think deserves an all star nominee at least for his performances this year.

Good player but I am afraid like our boys he will not figure . Its hard to take but we have to move on and take it on the chin . Any idea how many of the Tyrone boys will want to play in the compromise rules ?

ONeill

Quote from: Estimator on July 31, 2010, 11:42:36 PM
How many of that Tyrone team were part of the 2004 All-Ireland minor winning team? Is Raymie Mulgrew still about the panel? And of the 2008 team could more of those have been blooded over the last couple of years.  I know P Harte has made a few appearances, but what about Coney and McKenna?

But it's hard to replace the following:

McConnell
McMahon 1
McMahon 2
Ricey
Jordan
Gormley
Hub
Dooher
McGuigan 1
McGuigan 2
Sean
Penrose
O'Neill
Mugsy

and then have

McCullagh
Mellon
McCarron
Devine
Carlin
Swift
etc etc

Unless you're sure the replacement offer more.

clarshack

Quote from: ONeill on July 31, 2010, 11:25:51 PM
Sean Cavanagh saw more ball in the last 15 in a Tyrone shirt than anyone else. Why would you sub him?
Disappointed with his shot selection but no one else was having a go.
Hub and Colm saw much less of the ball.

what did he do with the ball? thought he was poor today but it's not only today. From 2003 to 2008 Sean Cavanagh delivered on the big stage and dug tyrone out of many a hole but i just feel
since the 2008 All-Ireland Final he hasnt been that same player. why?

The Worker

How come Harte was so slow to make the changes?