All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHandMen

Jesus this board is as bad as Hoganstand make a comment that one of the no life regulars dont like and all his girlfriends start crying about it lol. Buy the way no comment on the Christian that told didnt ask told me to take down my Tyrone flag I guess that was ok was that not sectarian hatred inbred over hundreads of years, I've made my comment obviously the Orange Order on this board dont like it well you can it eat shit and die. TIr'Eoghain Abu'.

Hardy

tyssam5

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 31, 2010, 06:15:31 PM
They came home to roost today big time!

When the time came for action, it didn't happen:

1. The Cavanagh brothers were not taken off. How the younger one remained on the field was a mystery.

2. Dooher remained on the field for the whole game.

3. There was no one to bring on from one of the biggest benches in the country.

Questions have to be asked why the best manager over the last decade failed to make the changes when it counted today and the road to AI victory had been cleared by Down.

Tyrone have now reached the point that Armagh reached in 2006.  The cloak invincibility lies in tatters in Croke Park.

The conveyor belt of talent has been turned off for so long with failure to move talent forward at u21 or senior level for the last few years as the old hands began to stutter.  There has been no development young talent bar Peter Harte.

There can be no excuses that Ulster champions were held without football for too long before the QF.

I was thinking something similar in that I thought P Harte could have been introduced earlier. Dooher was indeed tiring. However, it's a fine line, had the goal not come we might be hailing M Harte's calm and saying he was right to make no subs. With Tyrone's experience, when they drew leve with the Mulligan point I thought we had Dublin were we wanted them, unfortunately they had other ideas.

If only we had Steven O'Neill in his form of last year or S Cav in 2008 form would have made the difference. Apart from Dooher I don't take the argument that age or 'miles on the clock' should be a factor for this Tyrone team, they are mainly still at a good age and should have been making better use of one of their last 2-3 years as a team.

Thought Cluxton was excellent in the last 10-15 minutes, he has a cooler head now than his younger days, controlled any balls that came into the small square with great authority.

The quadruple C will hardly trouble 'Berno' for his tap on Packie's shin?

RedHandMen

Hardy, I know I am a good clean hard working Cathloic I dont need a low life like you to tell me so.

Maguire01

Quote from: RedHandMen on July 31, 2010, 07:19:21 PM
Jesus this board is as bad as Hoganstand make a comment that one of the no life regulars dont like and all his girlfriends start crying about it lol. Buy the way no comment on the Christian that told didnt ask told me to take down my Tyrone flag I guess that was ok was that not sectarian hatred inbred over hundreads of years, I've made my comment obviously the Orange Order on this board dont like it well you can it eat shit and die. TIr'Eoghain Abu'.
That explains a lot. You should run along back - they're probably missing you. 'lol' indeed.

ONeill

Fcukety fcuk. Gonna get drunk on Islay Whisky now and post vitriol around 9pm.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2010, 11:13:10 PM
The juxtaposition of the bravado of the Dublin lads on this board in the Dublin vs Tyrone quarter-final '08 against the corresponding fixture of 2010 is nothing short of breathtaking; how could those so full of hubris be reduced to the crumbling wrecks of circumspection and fragility that they now find their footballing egos to be inextricably lodged in?
I wish, as a Tyrone-exiled and Dublin-domiciled, I could empathise and identify fully with the predicament of being brought sharply back to footballing reality, where the ultimate win in 1995 through the twin mechanisms of both a player overstaying his legal time on the pitch and a perfectly valid equalising point being denied by the honest incompetency of an honest referee, was seen by the vast majority of Jacks as nothing more than the rightful restitution of a dubious footballing hierarchy and restoration of an even more dubious natural order!
Alas, those same Dubliners, the fantastic colour and beautiful and unrivalled cacophony notwithstanding, have no idea of the torture that some Tyronies have had to endure over the years. Like the humiliation in 1984, when as a young lad with a full head of (now seemingly magically) coloured hair, how I watched as those 'brutes' of Dublin men made a bee-line for the Hill 16 end to warm up, despite the fact that our 'brave' ;) Tyrone lads were already there; OK, they weren't much good in the game itself afterwards (minor detail), the psychology these days doesn't bear comparison, but to hear some of the Dubs now complain about the 'Trash-Talk' and the rest... yeah, right. Oh, the arrogance, bastids!
Well Dublin, what went around has come around (eventually), and ye know ye feckers, the result is almost an irrelevance tomorrow – it's been some fun hearing the silence in the Capital this week. That's a sound I am most unaccustomed to, despite having spent 13 Julys here at various times. And it's also why I'll have no sympathy whatsofcukinever if we turn you over in Croke once again. Your lads shouldn't have been the insufferable bullies they were in 1984, not to mention the cheats of '95 ;)!
;D
stick that up your arse you sanctimonius git. And the next time you want to question the heritage of dublin football check the roll of honour.↲Well done to down. Take it all back. A sound bunch of lads. A great day. Well done to all. On a bender.

done and dusted

Quote from: RedHandMen on July 31, 2010, 07:19:21 PM

ooooo sour grapes i think :0 tpical from a tyrone supporter

tyssam5

Quote from: INDIANA on July 31, 2010, 07:29:29 PM
The juxtaposition of the bravado of the Dublin lads on this board in the Dublin vs Tyrone quarter-final '08 against the corresponding fixture of 2010 is nothing short of breathtaking; how could those so full of hubris be reduced to the crumbling wrecks of circumspection and fragility that they now find their footballing egos to be inextricably lodged in?
I wish, as a Tyrone-exiled and Dublin-domiciled, I could empathise and identify fully with the predicament of being brought sharply back to footballing reality, where the ultimate win in 1995 through the twin mechanisms of both a player overstaying his legal time on the pitch and a perfectly valid equalising point being denied by the honest incompetency of an honest referee, was seen by the vast majority of Jacks as nothing more than the rightful restitution of a dubious footballing hierarchy and restoration of an even more dubious natural order!
Alas, those same Dubliners, the fantastic colour and beautiful and unrivalled cacophony notwithstanding, have no idea of the torture that some Tyronies have had to endure over the years. Like the humiliation in 1984, when as a young lad with a full head of (now seemingly magically) coloured hair, how I watched as those 'brutes' of Dublin men made a bee-line for the Hill 16 end to warm up, despite the fact that our 'brave' ;) Tyrone lads were already there; OK, they weren't much good in the game itself afterwards (minor detail), the psychology these days doesn't bear comparison, but to hear some of the Dubs now complain about the 'Trash-Talk' and the rest... yeah, right. Oh, the arrogance, bastids!
Well Dublin, what went around has come around (eventually), and ye know ye feckers, the result is almost an irrelevance tomorrow – it's been some fun hearing the silence in the Capital this week. That's a sound I am most unaccustomed to, despite having spent 13 Julys here at various times. And it's also why I'll have no sympathy whatsofcukinever if we turn you over in Croke once again. Your lads shouldn't have been the insufferable bullies they were in 1984, not to mention the cheats of '95 ;)!
;D
stick that up your arse you sanctimonius git. And the next time you want to question the heritage of dublin football check the roll of honour.↲Well done to down. Take it all back. A sound bunch of lads. A great day. Well done to all. On a bender.

Would you ever go for a nice pint.

Jinxy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 31, 2010, 07:29:29 PM
;D

The cheek of ya!  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Early thoughts:

Well done Gilroy. Although Tyrone kicked it away themselves (missed serious chances during the middle third of the second half) Dublin now employ defenders that can actually defend and half forwards who work. Tyrone had an off-day with decision making, belied their experience. Little went right. Dooher and Cavanagh took on shots early on in trying to score that inspirational point and it didn't come off. But maybe credit goes to Dublin for crowding the man in possession and then cutting off all targets. They hung in and hung in, waiting for that one chance. This year is all about Dublin exorcising the demons - forget about winning with style. When Tyrone won in 2003 the semi and final were their worst games in terms of expressing themselves.

As for Tyrone, have to take it on the chin. Some big regrets - Penrose's chance in the 35th minute would've crowned off that suffocating period with style and cracked the Dubs. Mugsy's pass to O'Neill when clean through - he wouldn't have attempted that if he really thought they were in danger of losing this. It'd have been over the bar. Personally, I thought Tyrone were the better side but had an off-day with finishing. They could've easily have been 5-6 points up after 60.  But, crap happens. But again, credit to the Dubs for pressurising the kicker. Tyrone hadn't been used to that since the NFL.

At this time there's usually a bit of fortune telling as regards the old hands. Beaten by Cork in the semis last year, beaten by an inexperienced Dublin in the quarters this year.....the players will make their own minds up. Mickey's calls - when they win it's genius, when they lose it's ineptitude. Odd timing with the O'Neill intro, esp as Tyrone had finished dominant in the first.

Brilliant for Down and was actually nervous for them during the game. Tyrone minors sublime.

End of an era in that we've no Kingdom or Red Hands in the senior final. Hope it's a Dub v Meath final, but think it'll be Cork v Kildare.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ONeill on July 31, 2010, 07:48:52 PM
Early thoughts:

Well done Gilroy. Although Tyrone kicked it away themselves (missed serious chances during the middle third of the second half) Dublin now employ defenders that can actually defend and half forwards who work. Tyrone had an off-day with decision making, belied their experience. Little went right. Dooher and Cavanagh took on shots early on in trying to score that inspirational point and it didn't come off. But maybe credit goes to Dublin for crowding the man in possession and then cutting off all targets. They hung in and hung in, waiting for that one chance. This year is all about Dublin exorcising the demons - forget about winning with style. When Tyrone won in 2003 the semi and final were their worst games in terms of expressing themselves.

As for Tyrone, have to take it on the chin. Some big regrets - Penrose's chance in the 35th minute would've crowned off that suffocating period with style and cracked the Dubs. Mugsy's pass to O'Neill when clean through - he wouldn't have attempted that if he really thought they were in danger of losing this. It'd have been over the bar. Personally, I thought Tyrone were the better side but had an off-day with finishing. They could've easily have been 5-6 points up after 60.  But, crap happens. But again, credit to the Dubs for pressurising the kicker. Tyrone hadn't been used to that since the NFL.

At this time there's usually a bit of fortune telling as regards the old hands. Beaten by Cork in the semis last year, beaten by an inexperienced Dublin in the quarters this year.....the players will make their own minds up. Mickey's calls - when they win it's genius, when they lose it's ineptitude. Odd timing with the O'Neill intro, esp as Tyrone had finished dominant in the first.

Brilliant for Down and was actually nervous for them during the game. Tyrone minors sublime.

End of an era in that we've no Kingdom or Red Hands in the senior final. Hope it's a Dub v Meath final, but think it'll be Cork v Kildare.

Would agree with that final prediction. Paddy Power makes it a 13/2 chance.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

INDIANA

tyrone were nowhere near the better team nowhere. Only for a ref who kept them in the game with soft frees. it was over a long time. The fact is gilroy and co got it right. I got it wrong. And im delighted. I ve been 15 years waiting for today. But we beat tyrone at their own game.

Fuzzman

Well done Dublin. Best team won and even though we kicked a lot of wides I have to stand up and say Dublin showed a lot more bottle than I've witnessed in a long time. Fair play to Gilroy too as he got k lot of things right.
I got 22 texts from happy Dubs afterwards with all the work crew saying I wish it wasn't a bank holiday weekend now.