All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 10:14:56 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 30, 2010, 10:12:38 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2010, 10:03:50 PM
jaysus only 6 dublin players are starting from that league game. Do these guys do any analysis when writing such?

Ah in fairness to him, he's the first columnist since Bernie Flynn in the Hedild about seven years ago who writes his own stuff

Surprised consideirng he wouldn't be known for his love of the management. I suppose the mystery recall might have had something to do with it.

He's a sound guy, but knows there is no point going down the Keith Barr route of slamming the manager who drops you.

There have been several phone calls out to the Louis Fitz hotel this past couple of weeks alright and only himself & Gilroy know at this stage whether we're going to see him tomorrow

Fear ón Srath Bán

The juxtaposition of the bravado of the Dublin lads on this board in the Dublin vs Tyrone quarter-final  '08 against the corresponding fixture of 2010 is nothing short of breathtaking; how could those so full of hubris be reduced to the crumbling wrecks of circumspection and fragility that they now find their footballing egos to be inextricably lodged in?

I wish, as a Tyrone-exiled and Dublin-domiciled, I could empathise and identify fully with the predicament of being brought sharply back to footballing reality, where the ultimate win in 1995 through the twin mechanisms of both a player overstaying his legal time on the pitch and a perfectly valid equalising point being denied by the honest incompetency of an honest referee, was seen by the vast majority of Jacks as nothing more than the rightful restitution of a dubious footballing hierarchy and restoration of an even more dubious natural order!

Alas, those same Dubliners, the fantastic colour and beautiful and unrivalled cacophony notwithstanding, have no idea of the torture that some Tyronies have had to endure over the years. Like the humiliation in 1984, when as a young lad with a full head of (now seemingly magically) coloured hair, how I watched as those 'brutes' of Dublin men made a bee-line for the Hill 16 end to warm up, despite the fact that our 'brave'   ;) Tyrone lads were already there; OK, they weren't much good in the game itself afterwards (minor detail), the psychology these days doesn't bear comparison, but to hear some of the Dubs now complain about  the 'Trash-Talk' and the rest... yeah, right. Oh, the arrogance, bastids!

Well Dublin, what went around has come around (eventually), and ye know ye feckers, the result is almost an irrelevance tomorrow – it's been some fun hearing the silence in the Capital this week. That's a sound I am most unaccustomed to, despite having spent 13 Julys here at various times.  And it's also why I'll have no sympathy whatsofcukinever if we turn you over in Croke once again. Your lads shouldn't have been the insufferable bullies they were in 1984, not to mention the cheats of '95  ;)!

;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

Good luck to the minors and seniors tomorrow, hopefully we'll be toasting a double victory! I think we will have too much quality all over the field and win out by 3-5 points. As with most matches against the Dubs in the last 5 years they will get a good run going with the hill rowing in behind we'll need all our experience and guile to hang in there. I predict a fast start hy the Jacks and for us to reel them in to go into half time level or very near it.

I think (hope) we start to pull away as the second half progresses and we have a few to spare in the end.

Finally, good luck to Down in their game, keep the Ulster flag flying! Safe journey to all those going to Croke Park tomorrow. If any of you hear an Omagh man guldering in section 305 in the lower cusack it more than likely be me!

heffo

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2010, 11:13:10 PM
The juxtaposition of the bravado of the Dublin lads on this board in the Dublin vs Tyrone quarter-final  '08 against the corresponding fixture of 2010 is nothing short of breathtaking; how could those so full of hubris be reduced to the crumbling wrecks of circumspection and fragility that they now find their footballing egos to be inextricably lodged in?

I wish, as a Tyrone-exiled and Dublin-domiciled, I could empathise and identify fully with the predicament of being brought sharply back to footballing reality, where the ultimate win in 1995 through the twin mechanisms of both a player overstaying his legal time on the pitch and a perfectly valid equalising point being denied by the honest incompetency of an honest referee, was seen by the vast majority of Jacks as nothing more than the rightful restitution of a dubious footballing hierarchy and restoration of an even more dubious natural order!

Alas, those same Dubliners, the fantastic colour and beautiful and unrivalled cacophony notwithstanding, have no idea of the torture that some Tyronies have had to endure over the years. Like the humiliation in 1984, when as a young lad with a full head of (now seemingly magically) coloured hair, how I watched as those 'brutes' of Dublin men made a bee-line for the Hill 16 end to warm up, despite the fact that our 'brave'   ;) Tyrone lads were already there; OK, they weren't much good in the game itself afterwards (minor detail), the psychology these days doesn't bear comparison, but to hear some of the Dubs now complain about  the 'Trash-Talk' and the rest... yeah, right. Oh, the arrogance, bastids!

Well Dublin, what went around has come around (eventually), and ye know ye feckers, the result is almost an irrelevance tomorrow – it's been some fun hearing the silence in the Capital this week. That's a sound I am most unaccustomed to, despite having spent 13 Julys here at various times.  And it's also why I'll have no sympathy whatsofcukinever if we turn you over in Croke once again. Your lads shouldn't have been the insufferable bullies they were in 1984, not to mention the cheats of '95  ;)!

;D

Dumb it down a shade for me Doc will ya?

In the Onion Bag

I detect a cockiness here and with the Kerry lads that leaves me wondering is it justified.  There is an underlining assumption that Tyrone and Kerry are automatic AI finalists. 

Last time I checked we are only at quarter final stage.  Wonder will Kerry and Tyrone lads live up to the expectations they place upon their 15 men??

Norf Tyrone

Just seen this re tomorrow.

There is a dairy beauty contest in Virginia, Co Cavan tomorrow.
No joking, this is a massive agricultural show to select the best dairy cow in Ireland.
It is likely to cause severe delays on the way down to Dublin.....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rois

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on July 30, 2010, 11:36:05 PM

Last time I checked we are only at quarter final stage.  Wonder will Kerry and Tyrone lads live up to the expectations they place upon their 15 men??

Not making much sense there - you've wondered whether the Tyrone players will live up to
the expectations they've placed on the Tyrone players.

Anyway, you can't win as a Tyrone fan on this thread.  If Dublin try to beat the Tyrone system, they'll
probably fail, but if they play their own game they could easily come out on top. System system system.

Mr. Nakata

Slightly intoxicated tonight, early start tomorrow, I'll have to consider the cot soon. Beard's selection is spot on I think. I thought it was between Brian or McCullough for Tommy's jersey. Wee Brian loves the sod at HQ, I'm happy with the selection. I really am excited tonight. Hopefully the post match beverages will be joyous ones. A feast of football amarach....bring it on.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2010, 11:13:10 PM

;D

you've always reminded me of somone and i finally put my finger on it.....Uncle Monty from Withnail an I  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQx4qiEmRQ4

Carmen Stateside

Cant see Dublin giving Tyrone any problems tomorrow.  Dublins main threat comes from O Gara and Bernard Brogan.  Justin Mc Mahon and Mc Carron are at a different level than anything they have met so far this summer.  Both men are ideally suited to both Dublins danger men.  Tyrone by six. 

Pups

Some Tyrone supporters astound me with their cockyness. Y'see lads there is such a thing as being magnanimous favourites. You don't go spouting rubbish like the above supporters. You go about your business safe in the knowledge your team is better. Kerry are great at this.  They respect each opponent regardless and they are always favorites and rightly so. With a lot of luck and hard work I hope to God we turn you over and put yis back in your box. Cockyfecks!

Zapatista

Quote from: Pups on July 31, 2010, 09:15:18 AM
Some Tyrone supporters astound me with their cockyness. Y'see lads there is such a thing as being magnanimous favourites. You don't go spouting rubbish like the above supporters. You go about your business safe in the knowledge your team is better. Kerry are great at this.  They respect each opponent regardless and they are always favorites and rightly so. With a lot of luck and hard work I hope to God we turn you over and put yis back in your box. Cockyfecks!

We should be ashamed of ourselves :-[

omagh_gael

Quote from: Pups on July 31, 2010, 09:15:18 AM

I'd rather talk realistically about our chances as opposed to the usual poor mouthing drivel you usually hear. We are confident in our team as they have shown us on many occasions they can perform on the big occasions and cope with the favourites tag comfortably.

Anyway, I'm confident in my team, not cocky. I hope we see a good game later that's free from controversy!

Pups

Omagh Gael I have no problem you being confident. It's your lil friend from strabane I'd have issues with. You can be confident without writing the other team off. Yes I expect Tyrone to beat us. But anything can and does happen in 70 mins. Up the Dubs!!!!!