All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 30, 2010, 02:22:36 PM
I just hope its not a dramatic day with umpire upset

You're dead right FM - if even a single umpire gets upset, then it will all have been for nothing!

ONeill

Is there any scribe out there tipping the Jacks?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heffo

ONeill

This makes interesting reading - the thread from 2 years ago. Role reversal.  - http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8804.0

heffo

J OGorman

are the games being streamed anywhere on the world wide world of web tomorrow? for those outside the island of ireland?

thanks

Puckoon

Quote from: J OGorman on July 30, 2010, 03:36:14 PM
are the games being streamed anywhere on the world wide world of web tomorrow? for those outside the island of ireland?

thanks

Dont know where you are J - but I will be buying it on setanta online for $20 in the USA.

ONeill

Seems to be a trend on here - I start off pessimistic in the aftermath of the draw whilst others are bullish. Then after the team is named I grow in confidence whilst others begin to wilt.

No matter how you look at this game, it's hard to see Tyrone losing if both sides are relatively at full pelt. What Dublin now bring to the table is something that Tyrone mastered a few years ago. Our boys have proven winners with talent to burn. Dublin have a sprinkling of big game players but an awful lot of unproven starters out there. Maybe the Dubs have carried out some kind of majestic peaking strategy and tomorrow is when things kick into gear.

What about Tyrone? Have Dooher, Hub, Ricey, Mugsy, Gormley got the will to fight tooth and nail when the whippersnappers are sniffing blood in the 52nd minute? You'd like to think so. The same players know the level of performance it takes to win All-Ireland quarters and won't let any complacency even begin to raise its head. The Cork doubts still linger but that might actually be the key to ensuring the mental approach is spot on.

Dubs to have their moments, maybe a goal or two, but Tyrone's array of scoring options will see enough of the round thing going over the black thing. Something like Tyrone 0-17 Dublin 2-8.

cadhlancian

find it amazing how Kyle Coney has "fallen" down the depth chart. Obviously must not be showing that well in training, as the beard has yet to let him taste any action this year , and that is highly unlikely to change now as the we head towards hte business end of the season. There was a a LOT of talk about him at the start of the year, and TBH he is now rarely talked about.

Zapatista

He hasn't fallen anywhere. This is a good Tyrone team and he is still a young fella. Give the man a chance.

J OGorman

Quote from: Puckoon on July 30, 2010, 04:18:53 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on July 30, 2010, 03:36:14 PM

thanks

Dont know where you are J - but I will be buying it on setanta online for $20 in the USA.

Tuscany , or indeed an Irish bar showing it?

cheers

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rois

I think it's a great sign that Mickey has named the team he has.  It says that he was happy with the way that these guys played the system that they were supposed to play against Monaghan.  Do the same against Dublin - we should win.  To beat Tyrone, Dublin have to come up with their own system instead of organising their game around Tyrone's.

Spent a couple of hours sorting out ticket problems this morning for a match that isn't sold out and in the meantime bagged a couple of freebies for Sunday's matches - I love the championship!!

ONeill

Some article by Brolly on Dooher today in the GL.

cadhlancian

Quote from: Zapatista on July 30, 2010, 04:39:54 PM
He hasn't fallen anywhere. This is a good Tyrone team and he is still a young fella. Give the man a chance.
Nobody is saying that it isnt a good team, where did you read that? What I said was that, 4 months ago, he was being talked an awful lot , like he was going to be a major part of Tyrones summer. That is clearly NOT the case anymore, and I will be AMAZED if he sees a minute of game time from here on in. I agree that he is young, but Harte goes a lot on what he sees in training, and he must not be seeing a lot :o