All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 28, 2010, 10:51:07 PM
Here we go again!  ::) - How about starting another thread for this?

Your horror is showing!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

comethekingdom

Anyway, back to the game - this championship is all set up for Tyrone. Dublin are shite and have been all year so they'll get bate by Tyrone (probably in 2nd gear) on sat.  Cork are dung as well. When they couldn't beat a depleted Kerry side after 2 gos and nearly handed the match to Limerick last sat evening says it all. Tyrone must be out and out favourites to take Sam on loan for a year from the great Kingdom. (I'm off to Paddy power.com to check the price!)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2010, 08:30:58 PM
Quote"The fall-out left me on the brink of retirement. It was the most disappointing and upsetting day of my years refereeing. It wasn't just the players who were on edge. The crowd also seemed geared up and there was a worryingly bad atmosphere. The stewards were local and there was no police presence. That was frightening," recalled Russell.

Look, lets call a spade a spade. Tyrone have thuggish crowds which we also witnessed, it wasn't just Dublin.

That's right, we're fcukin' animals, and of the roughest type at that... no wait... that was yourselves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78c8HXWiZcc

:D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Frank Casey

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 28, 2010, 11:10:19 PM
That's right, we're fcukin' animals, and of the roughest type at that... no wait... that was yourselves...

Jeez - ye'll be claiming ye're the aristocrats of football next.
KERRY 3:7

Zapatista

comethekingdom

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 28, 2010, 11:13:54 PM

With just 3 AI's???

Zapatista

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 28, 2010, 11:20:05 PM

With just 3 AI's???

Yeah, Kerry have spoiled there own fun with all those AIs.

INDIANA

Quote from: Zapatista on July 28, 2010, 11:18:59 PM

We are.

Why so uncomfortable with the favourites tag then so?

Zapatista

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2010, 11:36:18 PM
Haven't bothered reading back but are Tyrone uncomfortable with the favourites tag for this game? If so, what the fcuk?
No harm but Dublin are crap and Tyrone will beat them handy enough.

What he said only a little more subtle.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 28, 2010, 11:33:51 PM

We are.

Tyrone still have a great inferiority complex wrt the traditional powers no matter what bluster they come out with.

Tyrones own

QuoteTyrone still have a great inferiority complex wrt the traditional powers no matter what bluster they come out with.
Quite possibly Mike but by God has it not worked well for us against the Kingpins of football over the last few years :)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

INDIANA

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 29, 2010, 12:26:58 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 28, 2010, 11:33:51 PM

We are.

Tyrone still have a great inferiority complex wrt the traditional powers no matter what bluster they come out with.

I agree Mike. If Tyrone are as good as their fans think their is -this should be a walk in the park. Lets be quite clear here a narrow win for Tyrone on Saturday indicates a repeat of last year when Cork get a hold of them. There are 5 guys starting for Dublin on Saturday who wouldn't make my squad of 30 players. If Tyrone can't win on Saturday by at least 8 points - its the end of the road for this Tyrone team.

As I said if we were playing Kerry on Saturday they'd be talking about the margin of victory not whether they'll beat us or not. Why does the favourites tag not sit well with Tyrone? They should be taking bets on the likely margin of victory not whether the underdogs tag suits Dublin or not.
Perhaps Tyrone aren't as good as their fans think they are? Or maybe they are aware of it and are in denail? But as I said anything less then a comfortable Tyrone win over one of the most average Dublin teams in my lifetime indicates to me the show is over for this crew.

Gaffer

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 28, 2010, 10:22:24 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 28, 2010, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2010, 05:03:59 PM
Shall we bring Sam along for ye all to have a gawk at ?

Probably wouldn't be able to find it in time.

It's well known that no one in Kerry could be arsed bringing it around the county so its thrown into a cupboard somewhere and left there until its time to give it back to Tyrone.

yerra, when ye will have had it for as long as we have ye will undestand too so say no more. If we never again won an AI until ye caught up with us we'll all be fairly greyer over the ears !!

So there it is folks!! Confirmed !!!
Kerry ones fire Sam into a cupboard for a year.
No respect whatsoever !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tyrone86

Quote from: INDIANA on July 29, 2010, 12:41:43 AM
I agree Mike. If Tyrone are as good as their fans think their is -this should be a walk in the park. Lets be quite clear here a narrow win for Tyrone on Saturday indicates a repeat of last year when Cork get a hold of them. There are 5 guys starting for Dublin on Saturday who wouldn't make my squad of 30 players. If Tyrone can't win on Saturday by at least 8 points - its the end of the road for this Tyrone team.

As I said if we were playing Kerry on Saturday they'd be talking about the margin of victory not whether they'll beat us or not. Why does the favourites tag not sit well with Tyrone? They should be taking bets on the likely margin of victory not whether the underdogs tag suits Dublin or not.
Perhaps Tyrone aren't as good as their fans think they are? Or maybe they are aware of it and are in denail? But as I said anything less then a comfortable Tyrone win over one of the most average Dublin teams in my lifetime indicates to me the show is over for this crew.

You're a gas man for the hyperbole. There's not a Tyrone supporter here that wouldn't be happy with a 1 point win on Saturday and that's nothing to do with a lack of confidence. The Dubs will be uber motivated after their 08/09 QF capitulations and they'll not be lacking in belief after out-muscling and out footballing Tyrone as well as scoring 2-10 in the 1st half against virtually the same 6 defenders in Healy Park in April.

Forget 2008 as the apparition it was and look back at 2005 - that Dublin team was much less talented than a Tyrone team that should have been in its pomp and yet they held them to a draw and would probably have beaten them only for Mugsy's wonder goal. And, as O'Neill's youtube clip earlier in the week showed, they were well in contention in the replay until Mulligan struck again.

Tyrone are traditionally wary of Quarter Finals because we've been caught at this stage 3 times in the last decade by teams that we would have been expected to beat. Do I think the Dubs will beat us? No, but I didn't expect Meath, Mayo or Derry to beat us either. However, I genuinely can't see Tyrone beat providing Dooher, Cavanagh, O'Neill, the McMahon's and Conor Gormley are all 100% - it has been injuries to guys like them that have cost us at this stage before.

Mike Sheehy

All the evidence points towards a fairly easy Tyrone win so its hard to understand the Tyrone attitude.

The fact is that you have never been able to bear the burden of favourites. True champions are able to deal with it. You lads do cartwheels to try and lower expectations and treat favouritism like it was the plague. It's more that the usual poor mouthing or cute-hoorism. There seems to be a genuine fear of being favourites which can only be explained by some deep-seated, lingering inferiority complex.