All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 27, 2010, 11:32:05 PM

Poor Macauley was texting me looking for advice on Hub's weaknesses.
I said his lack of subtlety.

Women from the Hill.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zapatista

Quote from: Qwerty28 on July 27, 2010, 09:55:36 PM
What do you Tyrone boys think of McCullagh as a player? Been to a lot of Tyrine games over last 5/6 years and he is one of the many players I admire but seems to have slipped down the picking order the last while. Has a very quick footballing brain and is very dangerous close to goal but whats he like on the local scene?

He's immence.

Showing leadership here in the Championship final 2009

http://vimeo.com/7141047

The penalty, cool under pressure

http://vimeo.com/7131133

What happened next

http://vimeo.com/7133232

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ONeill on July 27, 2010, 10:21:32 PM
Recorded that 5 minute period on the phone of the 2005 game - not great quality but you get the jist in terms of atmosphere. (prob breaking copyright rules)  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3633ea-4I

Disgraceful goal "celebration" from Mulligan. Typical of the kind of sportsmanship that we have come to expect from Tyrone.

Zapatista

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2010, 03:11:16 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 27, 2010, 10:21:32 PM
Recorded that 5 minute period on the phone of the 2005 game - not great quality but you get the jist in terms of atmosphere. (prob breaking copyright rules)  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3633ea-4I

Disgraceful goal "celebration" from Mulligan. Typical of the kind of sportsmanship that we have come to expect from Tyrone.

Hook line and sinker :D

nrico2006

Nerves starting to creep in now, Tyrone seem to be most vulnerable at the Quarter Final stage, with the Mayo defeat in 2004, Meath loss in 2007 and the Kildare game was nip and tuck last year.  Hopefully Saturday progresses on from the last day out, with the side peaking at the right time this year.  Any word on team news?  After the personnel changes for the Down game it would be no surprise to see a few big changes for this one - anyone hear how Enda is coming along?  He seems to be a bit of a forgotten man who IMO is pretty under-rated outside Tyrone.  Arguably POTY in 2008 and if he is free of injury and has been getting the sessions under his belt he could well be in line for a start and could have a huge bearing on the game.  As someone else mentioned, is McCullagh in line for spot or has he slipped down the pecking order.  Saturdays game in the wide open space of Croker is crying out for his play making skills.  I hope that one of Brian McGuigan or McCullagh start at the weekend, huge improvement in the quality of ball to the inside forwards.  How fit is SON?  I know he hurt the heel, but has it been exaggerated as it seems and awful long time for a superficial injury.  Has anyone out around Ballyneaner, Donemana or Aughabrack spotted him out with the Marathon man much lately?  Finally, I was just viewing some old reports from 2005 and Mugsy is in some condition now compared to back then, seems to have trimmed down a bit and hopefully his season really sparks to life this weekend.  He has had a pretty good year so far without exactly catching fire, he seems to have become more of a team player but it would be good to see that bit of ruthlessness resurface again on Saturday, and with his record against Dublin its highly likely he will rise to the occasion.  How many goals has Mulligan scored against the Dubs in both League and Championship?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 27, 2010, 07:12:37 PM
So who is supporting us in the first game or are ye all staying in the pubs.

A fair few Tyrone supporters will be in for the Minor game but most like myself will be shouting for Down in the 2nd match ;D

omagh_gael

I remember Down fans around me in the 2005 final gave us great support so I will be more than willing to let out an odd gulder when they get a score on Saturday.

tyrone86

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 28, 2010, 08:57:03 AM
Nerves starting to creep in now, Tyrone seem to be most vulnerable at the Quarter Final stage, with the Mayo defeat in 2004, Meath loss in 2007 and the Kildare game was nip and tuck last year.  Hopefully Saturday progresses on from the last day out, with the side peaking at the right time this year.  Any word on team news?  After the personnel changes for the Down game it would be no surprise to see a few big changes for this one - anyone hear how Enda is coming along?  He seems to be a bit of a forgotten man who IMO is pretty under-rated outside Tyrone.  Arguably POTY in 2008 and if he is free of injury and has been getting the sessions under his belt he could well be in line for a start and could have a huge bearing on the game.  As someone else mentioned, is McCullagh in line for spot or has he slipped down the pecking order.  Saturdays game in the wide open space of Croker is crying out for his play making skills.  I hope that one of Brian McGuigan or McCullagh start at the weekend, huge improvement in the quality of ball to the inside forwards.  How fit is SON?  I know he hurt the heel, but has it been exaggerated as it seems and awful long time for a superficial injury.  Has anyone out around Ballyneaner, Donemana or Aughabrack spotted him out with the Marathon man much lately?  Finally, I was just viewing some old reports from 2005 and Mugsy is in some condition now compared to back then, seems to have trimmed down a bit and hopefully his season really sparks to life this weekend.  He has had a pretty good year so far without exactly catching fire, he seems to have become more of a team player but it would be good to see that bit of ruthlessness resurface again on Saturday, and with his record against Dublin its highly likely he will rise to the occasion.  How many goals has Mulligan scored against the Dubs in both League and Championship?

Don't forget 2001 either - The pattern is that Tyrone lose in the QF every time the Ulster v Connacht Semi Final pairing comes around.

Fuzzman

Ahhh lads come on with yer patterns and superstitions.

I know years ago we used to lot let a certain person go to big games cos every game he went to we were sure to lose.

As a mate said to me when I told him that about me not going to any more Everton games
He replies

Its got bogg all to do with ye its just that ye are sh*te

I'll be taking the flag home from work this evening as its done enough winding up in here now
Too many non Dubs in my office anyways so they're all delighted to see it

We'll see how it goes down in Dublin 3. If we lose there will be all sorts knocking on my door.

Any more team news? Anyone at the training last night?

Rois

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 28, 2010, 11:49:13 AM

No one's allowed to go to the training Fuzzman!  Behind closed doors.

Zapatista

Quote from: Rois on July 28, 2010, 12:18:47 PM

They're as bad as the Orange Order.

Got home yesterday and she had a Dublin flag hanging out the windy >:(. I didn't have a Ty flag at hand but I'll will soon and it's be twice as big ;D

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Rois on July 28, 2010, 12:18:47 PM

So it would seem Rois, I hear snipers are hiding in the bushes around clogher ready to take out anyone who tries to take a sneak peek at the Tyrone camp, thats why they train down there  ;D
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Fuzzman

Really? Wow

A mutual friend Rois was telling me he was going up last night to have a look.
How long have they being doing that for now?

With the exception of poor Tommy have we any other team news?
Are we expecting SoN to start?
Will we see Ricey & MCCarron keep their places.

Rois

Not sure how long they've been doing it Fuzzman, just heard a funny story last Thurs about someone trying to deliver tickets to the players being denied admission by stewards from the club. 

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: doohersarmy on July 27, 2010, 07:44:30 PM
as a tyronie, living in dublin, surrounded by the jacks, they are mighty seriously confident that they will shock Tyrone on saturday afternoon with their new full forward eoghan the bomber o'gara causing alll the damage. IMO Tyrone midfield need to stop the supply of ball going into ogara & brogan or else we will be in serious trouble, hub needs to put the big basketballer on his backside first mission & colm cavanagh needs another big performance out of his skin otherwise justy & co will have very busy day.

IMO from what i've seen bar two fairly lucky goals against a horrible louth full back line O'Gara is not worth his place. He's rubbish - Justy McMahon will give him a major roasting and he'll do well to stay the 70. I think Tyrone will do it if they contain BB however if your relying on CC to win us the game then we are in big trouble. The only area of the field i'm concerned about is lar na pairc!