All Ireland Quarter Final Tir Eoghain V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, July 18, 2010, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 26, 2010, 01:25:33 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 26, 2010, 12:45:32 PM
TBH I am glad its a Saturday game, no hassle worrying about work the next day if I decide to have a few pints.

+1

Minus 1. Fecking working so not get going. On the bright side i will not have to drive to croker.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Rois

Hotel booked, tickets ordered, just need to spend the rest of the week praying that we win.

INDIANA

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 26, 2010, 04:04:19 PM
We did that last year for the Kildare & Cork games
Good tickets but would say its a pain if you lose and dont wanna go see the next match though I'd be happy to go see Cork v Dublin as well. Sorry I meant Cork or Rossies

I might just take this option.

Yeah I've been to many's games over the years including a 2008 Euro Championships game Holland v Russia and nothing comes close to the atmosphere we felt in 2005 2nd game at start of 2nd half when Dublin started plugging back and scored like 4 or 5 points in a row

The noise, excitement, passion, fear was unreal and then when we began to doubt Tyrone Mugsy goes and scores another goal v the Dubs and stares into the hill again. He might get hit by a bottle the next time he does it.
Only messing lads, I know ye wouldnt do that. He would be a star in yer team

Thought that was just me. I will never forget that 15 minute spell before Mugsy's goal. Atmosphere- unreal. Met some of the tyrone lads on an allstar gig a few years ago and they said it was incredible to play in.

Mickeys beard

Quote from: Rossfan on July 26, 2010, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: Mickeys beard on July 26, 2010, 02:14:16 PM
.  Whoever comes through this side of the draw, if they lift Sam, would be worthy champions.

Why?
Surely whoever lifts Sam will be worthy champions ?

I see what you mean.
That's a phrase used about whoever wins the championship, nomatter how dismal their opponents have been.

But realistically, this is definitely the tougher side of the draw, no offence intended to the other teams.  If Roscommon disposed of Cork, then Dublin or Tyrone and then the final which historically has been Kerry, it would add some gloss to a memorable occasion as they will have beaten at least two of 'the big three' and possibly Dublin, who are as strong as I've seen them.
Boil the Drawers!

Mickeys beard

Quote from: ONeill on July 26, 2010, 12:10:18 PM
Looking forward to this. This is a different Dublin from '08 and '05. A bit for defensively savvy and less of the prima donnas.

Remember in 2008, Brogan went off early so he's a new force to contend with.

What about big O'Gara - donkey or a Jackeen Donaghy?

Would like to see Justin on him
Boil the Drawers!

tyroneboi

I think Justy is the man for B Brogan, Gormley on A Brogan and McCarron on O'Gara with big Joe sweeping in front.

As many have said before, the atmosphere in that spell in the 05 game will never ever be matched in any game I witness. The Dubs definitely know how to create an atmosphere.

ONeill

I was sitting in the upper Canal surrounded by Dubs. When Keaney and co rattled off those 5 points the place was vibrating. It was tribal, frightening. If the Dubs ever get to an All-Ireland final I'd like to be there. Not this year hopefully.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: DoireGael on July 26, 2010, 03:47:15 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 26, 2010, 03:38:55 PM
Yeah ticketservicechargeMaster have them on sale with good seats on sale for €38 including handling fee.
Is there still a place to buy then on Dorset St as I hate paying those thieiving gits €3.50 for printing them & posting them out.

I've got a new flag sorted so I wonder will my neighbours in D3 find offence with a big Red hand.
I see a few Dublin ones on our street and I know there's a Kerry family there as well.

Yeah just got them off ticket master. Cant understand why even if you print them yourself the hurs still make ye pay €3.50. D3 you should be grand, sure there probadly flying butchers aprons aka union jacks in D4, am a D8 myself mostly Dub flags if any and the odd Kerry one. As a Derry man living in Dublin I dont know who I will be supporting but hopefuly Down will pull one out of the bag!

Curious to know where ticketmaster's seats are for Saturday?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fuzzman

Myself and two other Brack lads from home were with me at that game.
Like most lads who don't live in Dublin there is often a bad feeling towards the Dubs and many love to see them beaten

That evening we met many a descent Dubs and on the night link home we had the whole bus singing C'mon ye boyz in Blue & Molly Malone.

I think many of the Dubs have a healthy respect for Tyrone as they kinda see us as having taken over their 70's mantle of the only team to consistently put it up to Kerry their aul enemy.

i think this Dublin team are a bit tougher than previous years and if they get off to a good start can certainly give Tyrone a scare but Tyrone are resilent and very experienced. As we often hear they don't do panic so I think it could be a cracker game and hope its not a repeat of 2008 walk over cos the championship badly needs a few good games & often Tyrone & Dublin duly come up trumps.

I was looking earlier on today and could get lower Hogan just on the 21

Doohicky

Quote from: gerry on July 26, 2010, 06:13:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 26, 2010, 01:25:33 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 26, 2010, 12:45:32 PM
TBH I am glad its a Saturday game, no hassle worrying about work the next day if I decide to have a few pints.

+1

Minus 1. Fecking working so not get going. On the bright side i will not have to drive to croker.

Going to miss this too. Second game of the championship that I will be missing this year >:(

If it had been on the Sunday I would have been able to go.

Anyone know what the cut off point is for opting out of this game for the Season Ticket?

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on July 26, 2010, 10:17:50 PM
I was sitting in the upper Canal surrounded by Dubs. When Keaney and co rattled off those 5 points the place was vibrating. It was tribal, frightening. If the Dubs ever get to an All-Ireland final I'd like to be there. Not this year hopefully.

I was somewhere similar when Mugsy scored THAT goal into the canal end.
Let a roar out of me and turned round with the fists clenched in celebration and realised I couldn't see another red and white shirt, just a sea of blue.

Cde

Quote from: ONeill on July 26, 2010, 10:17:50 PM

was there in 95  and it was not a nice place to be. 

Fuzzman

Mugsy's wonder goal (Fouled goal for the Armagh lads) was in the first match and the atmosphere wasn't just as good though I was up above the Medja with my nephew from Derry. Was his first senior game he was at and I'd say he'll not forget it

I'd love to be in the hill for once in one of this big games but alas not this time as we're in the lower Cusack again.

Zapatista

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 26, 2010, 11:09:09 PM
Mugsy's wonder goal (Fouled goal for the Armagh lads) was in the first match and the atmosphere wasn't just as good though I was up above the Medja with my nephew from Derry. Was his first senior game he was at and I'd say he'll not forget it

I'd love to be in the hill for once in one of this big games but alas not this time as we're in the lower Cusack again.

I was there for the Dubs in the QF final last year. It was surprisingly muted especially after Gooch hit the net 7 seconds in.

ONeill

I suppose there's no point in guessing Mickey's corner backs. I'd imagine it'll be the same line out with O'Neill used late on if needed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.