Started by ONeill, July 14, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2010, 08:40:40 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 31, 2010, 08:24:45 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2010, 08:22:09 PM
Whats wrong with it

Don't like the fat through it,much prefer striplion
urgh I wont like it if there's fat through it.

Minder I like the steak cooked, I don't want to see blood on my plate!

As do i and 10-12 minutes would do it well done.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Pints if you like your steak burned - there's no real point in you paying for a rib eye.

The fat isn't through it - noticeably.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2010, 08:41:31 PM
Whats wrong with it

No way would I eat steak after 10-12 minutes, do it for at least half hour - I brown it under the grill and finish it off in the oven. Crispy on the outside and lovely and tender on the inside. Throw in some spuds and fried mushrooms with a load of gravy and you got yourself a dinner!

Speaking of mushrooms, how the f**k do you keep them fresh. I like them when they're nice and white, before cooking obviously, but to have that you need to buy them on the day. If you leave them a day they go all black.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Whats wrong with it

Each side or in total?
I grill mine for 6mins each side for medium steak..
I love the meat red with a hint of blood
You'll Never Walk Alone.

laceer

The fat through the steak should dissolve when it's cooked.

30secs each side on a steaming hot griddle pan for rare,another 30secs for medium rare,2.5 mins each side for well done.so jamie oliver reckons anyway

DickyRock

Take the mushrooms out of the plastic packaging. I normally just take the cling film off and let them breathe. They last longer that way.

30mins for steak - such a waste, but each to their own. 3mins each side in the frying pan is just about right. Mind you it has to be good quality meat.

Puckoon

The funniest thing about Pint's cooking instructions for his steak isnt the 30 minutes - its the bit after that where he suggests:

"Crispy on the outside and lovely and tender on the inside"

You have one half of that sentence correct Pints! :D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2010, 08:45:04 PM
Whats wrong with it

No way would I eat steak after 10-12 minutes, do it for at least half hour - I brown it under the grill and finish it off in the oven. Crispy on the outside and lovely and tender on the inside. Throw in some spuds and fried mushrooms with a load of gravy and you got yourself a dinner!

Speaking of mushrooms, how the f**k do you keep them fresh. I like them when they're nice and white, before cooking obviously, but to have that you need to buy them on the day. If you leave them a day they go all black.
WTF! You can cook a steak well done in 4 mins each side. I cook ribeye 3 mins each side on a smoking hot pan. It melts the marbling through the ribeye and makes it nice and juicy.

As for mushrooms, take them out of the plastic as it sweats them and they go off really fast. I stick my thumb through the plastic as soon as I buy them and then transfer to a brown paper bag at home.

supersarsfields

Tried a new meal out there at the weekend. Got the recipes from a friend and to be honest it sounds like a bit of a mess but you make it up similar to a lasagna and is great meal for feeding four - six.

Ingredients

Cooked Chicken
Mushrooms
Onion
Sweetcorn
peppers
Potatoes
Cheese
Condensed Soup (one Mushroom one Chicken)
Curry Power
garlic
Lemon.

Put the potatoes in to boil (peeled). Shred the chicken into the bottom of the lasagna dish. Then get the m/r, peppers, onion, garlic, sweetcorn into a wok. Give them 3-4 minutes. Then stir in the two soups along with half a lemon. keep it heated then stir in the curry power. Then pour veg and soup/curry mix over the chicken and spread out. Then mash the spuds and spread these over the top of the mix. Top with a cheese coating and stick in the oven for 30 mins.

Sounds weird having the potatoes and curry together but makes a great bit of eating for something different. Lovely with some Garlic bread and salad.

pintsofguinness

The Real Laoislad

Looks over cooked...
Nice plate btw  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 01, 2010, 07:51:15 PM
Looks over cooked...
Nice plate btw  :)
Nah it was just right, with nice fresh mushrooms too (good tip lads).

My mother got me the plate, what's wrong with it?!

moysider

That steak is destroyed Pints. Dried out. You can only put a steak in to an oven - must be very hot - briefly , having sealed both sides in a searing hot pan. Otherwise the juices just run out and your left with the above. Putting under a grill does not do that job. If it is not done in a pan or on a searing hot barbie pit its not a proper steak - it s just cooked meat. You might like it the way you do it but it doesn't make it right.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: moysider on September 01, 2010, 09:46:02 PM

That steak is destroyed Pints. Dried out. You can only put a steak in to an oven - must be very hot - briefly , having sealed both sides in a searing hot pan. Otherwise the juices just run out and your left with the above. Putting under a grill does not do that job. If it is not done in a pan or on a searing hot barbie pit its not a proper steak - it s just cooked meat. You might like it the way you do it but it doesn't make it right.
Now come on. Any man buying a steak is entitled to have it how they like it, whether at home or in a restaurant. It is entirely possible to have a steak well done and to still be juicy, provided it is good beef. I prefer my steak medium but cooked a good ribeye well done the other week as I mistimed it and it was like cutting butter with a warm knife, with plenty of juice.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: moysider on September 01, 2010, 09:46:02 PM

Right back at you!
My steak has plenty of juice.