Ulster Final Virgin

Started by Dinny Breen, July 07, 2010, 11:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: small white mayoman on July 08, 2010, 03:40:15 PM
Disclaimer
The above comment is not my own personal view but that of the great pat spillane. The reason i'm stating this is incase we ever had to put our real names to the comments we maKe on the board as i wouldn't want any nordies coming down south to beat the shite out of me.

You basturd! You called Spillane 'great'. We're coming down  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Subbie

Quote from: Any craic on July 14, 2010, 06:04:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/UlsterGAA#p/a/u/0/ZNeicZDo7zk// - Clones is ready...
I'd say mary the mayor is in for some shock when a crowd of scotstown hallions pish and puke into her lovely new fountain ;D ;D ;D all part of the day of course!!
Stay d fcuk away from the paragon, Adamsons in annalore street is a better boozer altogether, DO NOT EAT ANY BURGERS, they are'nt called death wagons for nothing, if your tiping down Fermanagh street on your way to the pitch stay out of the way of the loughshore wemen, they'd tr**p on you like your a wrapper from the aforementioned death wagons, if approached by a native let some of your local mates do the talking, no sudden movements.
Don't entertain the knackers trying to pin "lucky charms" on you as you go down Fermanagh Street.
Enjoy it, IF Monaghan win turn your phone off, go with the flow and drink your way out of it, only worry if you wake up in Ballybay on a Tuesday morning, wish i was going, instead scruffys in sydney will have to do as i growl and roar me way thru it in the middle of the night MUINEACHAIN ABU!!!

Antrim Coaster

Ah now Subbie, will you be wearing your 1988 Ulster Final Retro Monaghan shirt OR your new Monaghan training top, provided it still fits........

The Subbie

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on July 14, 2010, 02:23:22 PM
Ah now Subbie, will you be wearing your 1988 Ulster Final Retro Monaghan shirt OR your new Monaghan training top, provided it still fits........

Me and the entire batt of scotstown hallions could fit  into thon training top horse!!!

Quote from: Hardy on July 14, 2010, 02:43:44 PM
Quote from: The Subbie on July 14, 2010, 09:09:40 AM
Quote from: Any craic on July 14, 2010, 06:04:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/UlsterGAA#p/a/u/0/ZNeicZDo7zk// - Clones is ready...
... mary the mayor ...

Is she one of the McEnanys?

No nor the McEnaneys either

Antrim Coaster

Subbie. Seemed to fit you well enough lad when you wore it in Club Hawaii.. Either that or tuck it into your Bermuda shorts

Dinny Breen

Just back home from what was a very enjoyable experience, loved the atmosphere around the town and the walk up to the ground. Alas the Monaghan heads I was with were too sick afterwards, so left them to their sad pints and tipped on home joking that will meet each other next week in the qualifiers  :o

Also great atmosphere in the ground for about 25 mins and then nothing as Tyrone strangled Monaghan and the game...
#newbridgeornowhere

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 18, 2010, 08:25:19 PM
Just back home from what was a very enjoyable experience, loved the atmosphere around the town and the walk up to the ground. Alas the Monaghan heads I was with were too sick afterwards, so left them to their sad pints and tipped on home joking that will meet each other next week in the qualifiers  :o

Also great atmosphere in the ground for about 25 mins and then nothing as Tyrone strangled Monaghan and the game...

Welcome to the the lonesome world of a Tyrone supporter. We sit massively outnumbered knowing we're the better team. Can't remember the last time we were in the majority! What til you see the ticket hungry hoors come September!!!
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Any craic

Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh, Pascal McConnell, Danny Murphy, Ferghal McCann, Tony Donnelly, Paraic Duffy and Clones Mayor Deirdre Kelly all contribute to this 2-minute review of Clones Ulster Finals day. There's also a good shot of Dooher arriving back in the Tyrone dug-out after being subbed. The other videos at the top of the Ulster GAA page include Dooher's speech in full, the anthem in full, and the cup presentation.    http://ulster.gaa.ie///

Any craic

Sorry I missed out Ciaran McLaughin the tyrone Chairman, he's on there too. BTW although Tyrone won both games easy the Gods were with them. Both opposing captains in the minors and seniors missed the games thru late injuries and watching the clips Justy was lucky enough that Freeman didn't put away his blunder early on. Still think tyrone wud have won but it wud have been interesting and Justy might not have got Mom.

Qwerty28

My only memory of a very poor game was seeing a Guard with a full beard!! Maybe a Tyrone fan from a few years back!

Good atmosphere beforehand but poor Monaghan performance kind of killed it as game progressed. Also funny seeing referee Pat McEaneny trying to sell tickets for a raffle to win a pedigree cow beforehand!