Ulster Final Virgin

Started by Dinny Breen, July 07, 2010, 11:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on July 07, 2010, 01:16:30 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 07, 2010, 11:36:18 AM
Going to my first Ulster Final this year, so what can I expect?

Pullin and draggin.

Stuck in something of a clichéd rut there Hardy?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Head for the Hill and bring a straw hat and headband(s). Entrants to the hill get a 25% discount on face value of ticket if you're full.

You don't really, but it'd be rude not to. T-shirt optional.  :-*
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

bennydorano

Was there as a child when Armagh won in 82, but the reawakening in '99 was a great day.  It'll be some day if Monaghan win, might head myself for the minor game.  Given half decent weather the atmosphere will be savage. It would be nice to see monaghan do it.

Expect a lot of shitfaced teenagers with straw hats and red bull and quite possbily dealer boots on.  Might be an odd copy of Autotrader knocking about

Hardy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 07, 2010, 07:47:41 PM

Pullin and draggin.

Sorry - I'm a bit behind the times.

Duckin and divin.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on July 07, 2010, 10:16:38 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 07, 2010, 07:47:41 PM

Pullin and draggin.

Sorry - I'm a bit behind the times.

Duckin and divin.

No worries.

Hackneyed and trite.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

It'll be a great occasion because Monaghan are in it and expect to win. The atmosphere beforehand will be electric. Afterwards will be a seriously damp squid, like a Foster and Allen concert and only Mick Foster appearing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballela-angel

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 07, 2010, 04:58:50 PM
FFS yiz are only gassons...1974 Ulster Final replay V Donegal....along the sideline on the Gerry Arthurs side of the ground on oul concrete benchs. I think McEniff ended up with an All Star that year :-\
How's about 1959 Down v Cavan?
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

imtommygunn

Quote from: ONeill on July 08, 2010, 12:48:28 AM
It'll be a great occasion because Monaghan are in it and expect to win. The atmosphere beforehand will be electric. Afterwards will be a seriously damp squid, like a Foster and Allen concert and only Mick Foster appearing.

I don't think they "expect" to win. I think they believe they can win though...

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: bennydorano on July 07, 2010, 09:43:04 PM
Expect a lot of shitfaced teenagers with straw hats and red bull and quite possbily dealer boots on.  Might be an odd copy of Autotrader knocking about

And that's just the women, wait till ya see the men draggin their knuckles on the ground. Watch out ya don't get ate..

Hardy

Personally, I prefer my squid on the damp side. I prefer my Foster and Allen Fosterless and without Allen.

Fuzzman

Ah lads come on and be honest. Ye do expect to win and are looking at What Qualifiers ye don't want in the quarters.

Mickey has always felt winning yer province is nice but that big space then til the next game is dangerous so he's playing the reserves

small white mayoman

puke football

Disclaimer
The above comment is not my own personal view but that of the great pat spillane. The reason i'm stating this is incase we ever had to put our real names to the comments we maKe on the board as i wouldn't want any nordies coming down south to beat the shite out of me.
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

eireogatron

a serioulsy damp squid lol?? what other type of squid is there?

squib........

Any craic

http://vimeo.com/13183642// - these kids know their football tho the girl really doesn't like Monaghan. They use bad words and will go mad if they lose... apparently.

give her dixie

A Clones burger is essential in order to remember your experience for 3 days afterwards
next stop, September 10, for number 4......