Ulster Final Virgin

Started by Dinny Breen, July 07, 2010, 11:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Going to my first Ulster Final this year, so what can I expect?

Also where is good for craic before and afterwards? If Monaghan win I've been informed I'm staying the night....
#newbridgeornowhere

bigfrankt

Get to Clones around 9am You'll get into one of the pubs. Few Pints on board then over to the Paragon. It'll be some days craic if its Sunny, the atmosphere should be electric, it was in 2007, good banter with tthe Tyrone lads and all.

If Monaghan win, I don't know what will happen, really i don't but book off work till Wednesday or so at least

Hardy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 07, 2010, 11:36:18 AM
Going to my first Ulster Final this year, so what can I expect?

Pullin and draggin.

donelli

Clones for a fryup at 10. Pints till 1.30. Subject to weather, stay out on streets.... A good laugh... Enjoy the game, hopefully a good one. If Tyrone win, presentation will take approx 3 mins. If Monaghan win don't expect to leave the pitch for at least an hour !!!!! Stay in Monaghan for the night should we win party on for the night

Maguire01

If Monaghan win I've been informed I'm staying the night....
Pack your toothbrush!

spuds

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2010, 01:35:49 PM
Pack your toothbrush!
pack your gumshield and vaseline
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: spuds on July 07, 2010, 01:58:49 PM
Pack your toothbrush!

If you're goin to the Paragon that is..  :o

The Konica

Quote from: spuds on July 07, 2010, 01:58:49 PM
Pack your toothbrush!
Or just bite the pillow

Onlooker

Diiny, I am certain that you will enjoy Ulster Final day in Clones.  For me it is far and away the best of the provincial finals.  Brilliant atmosphere and it should be a day to remember.

lynchbhoy

its rough and ready Dinny, might be a bit of a shock for the likes of you horsey set brigade !

the bars in clones on match day make quinns, mcgraths and meaghers look like ron blacks and samsara !!

the game in clones is more like the coloseum than croker or a soccer venue.
people roaring and shouting ,baying for blood and retaliation - and thats just the womenfolk !

leave the monacle at home, try to speak with a GAA northside dub accent rather than your D4/tally ho cil dara telephone voice !
Try to pass the burger vans by without purchasing !
no matter how hungry you are.
Dont make plans for next week- if you go drinking in Monaghan you dont know when you will resurface ! Enjoy that drinking blast from the past and a day of tribal culture !!
If you need an interpreter or rescue- you have my number !
;)

southdown

Have you even kissed a girl yet? ;)

longrunsthefox

It's class. I lost my virginity when I was about 8 in 1972 Tyrone -Donegal.  You'll love it man. Good craic about the town from 11am on.

southdown

Lost mine in '91 Down v Donegal, was only a young pup, the main memory was how big "the Hill" was, bloody massive!

5 Sams

FFS yiz are only gassons...1974 Ulster Final replay V Donegal....along the sideline on the Gerry Arthurs side of the ground on oul concrete benchs. I think McEniff ended up with an All Star that year :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Dinny Breen

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 07, 2010, 04:21:45 PM
its rough and ready Dinny, might be a bit of a shock for the likes of you horsey set brigade !

the bars in clones on match day make quinns, mcgraths and meaghers look like ron blacks and samsara !!

the game in clones is more like the coloseum than croker or a soccer venue.
people roaring and shouting ,baying for blood and retaliation - and thats just the womenfolk !

leave the monacle at home, try to speak with a GAA northside dub accent rather than your D4/tally ho cil dara telephone voice !
Try to pass the burger vans by without purchasing !
no matter how hungry you are.
Dont make plans for next week- if you go drinking in Monaghan you dont know when you will resurface ! Enjoy that drinking blast from the past and a day of tribal culture !!
If you need an interpreter or rescue- you have my number !
;)

Jaysus don't think I could pass the burger vans, looking forward to it now though....
#newbridgeornowhere