Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 03:57:45 PM
Joe Sheridan on the radio now "we got the break today might not get it the next day?"

Theirry Henry got the break as well but that's not how we saw it.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 03:56:32 PM
If Meath had any dignity they would retire from the Championship, and give the trophy to Louth.

There should be no replay, Louth should be awarded the trophy.

But of course Meath have none, bunch of low lifes in that county. The likes of Colm O'Rourke will be on the Sunday Game tonight spreading propaganda.

No need for that. Meath are one of the most honourable counties I've encountered. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a replay. But those fans should get banned for life, and whoever decked the steward should get jail.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2010, 03:58:52 PM
If Meath had any dignity they would retire from the Championship, and give the trophy to Louth.

But of course Meath have none, bunch of low lifes in that county. The likes of Colm O'Rourke will be on the Sunday Game tonight spreading propaganda.

No need for that. Meath are one of the most honourable counties I've encountered. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a replay. But those fans should get banned for life, and whoever decked the steward should get jail.

az they have to offer a replay. The umpires? How could they not see it? Lifetime bans for the fans in my view and jail for some of them. But you couldn't let those officials ref at that level again.

pintsofguinness

Forget the replay, Louth are the Leinster champions, the GAA just need to officially recognise them like that.  Meath should have the balls to offer to hand over the trophy.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

bridgegael

sludden was giving the goal at the start so he obviously thought it was a legit goal!! wat te f**k did he see then??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Hound

Blue and Navy

There is "getting breaks" and getting breaks, but that was beyond anything you'd see in A & E for a year!! Jesus i'd be sick, i think there has to be a replay surely? Can it be done though is the question.

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:00:59 PM
Forget the replay, Louth are the Leinster champions, the GAA just need to officially recognise them like that.  Meath should have the balls to offer to hand over the trophy.

Agreed.

Also, I am correct in saying the referees still choose their own umpires?
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

That ref was brutal in my opinion from start to finish. However, that aside those umpire were a total and utter joke. It has always been an annoyance of mine the quality of gobshite umpire some refs bring with them. I mean if you cannot see from 3 yeads what Shieridan did then you have no business being in the stadium. FFS all they had to do was ask themselves did he manage to release the ball to his leg before it crossed the line cos that is the only way it could have been a goal. I also note that the umpire did not wave his flag when the ball went into the net presumably because he had no clue. The ref told him to put up the flag. Why did the ref not consult with his other umpire, jesus even the linesman would've seen that throw.

As for those fans at the end. It was outrageous behaviour but I doubt there is anyone on this board that has not felt like thumping a ref at one point or another - but you have the restraint not to do it. But in fairness, you would need every bit of your restraint if you were robbed like that. No doubt the demon drink was on board too. There will be no replay because the GAA head men have no balls and what is right has nothing to do with it.

Ball Hopper

CCCCC send the video to the umpires and referee asking were they sure they took the correct action.

Obviously, the would say free out.

Then try getting the Delaney Cup back from Meath...

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:02:15 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:00:59 PM

Agreed.

Also, I am correct in saying the referees still choose their own umpires?

I know they can chose the linesmen - might be the same for umpires.

Frank Casey

Will Colm O'Rourke be using the slow motion video to tell the CCCC what to do next on the Sunday Game tonight?
KERRY 3:7

Main Street

Sludden forgot the first rule of survival to 'get the feck out of Dodge', such was his devotion to writing down names into his book after the whistle was blown.
You'd think a Tyrone man would have some sense of self preservation.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 11, 2010, 04:00:38 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2010, 03:58:52 PM

az they have to offer a replay. The umpires? How could they not see it? Lifetime bans for the fans in my view and jail for some of them. But you couldn't let those officials ref at that level again.

I agree with all of that. Most blatant daylight robber I've ever seen I think.

Cosmo Kramer

Eamonn O'Brien has always struck me as a decent sort of fella. He needs to come out quickly here and offer a replay to save this situation. Obviously they can't hand the cup to Louth now (even if they did deservedly win), there'd be (another) riot.

There's been times I've felt like doing things to refs myself, but feeling like doing it and actually doing it are two different things. I's say those Louth fans are fecked - it was so clear on TV.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100