Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talktothehand

if sludden didn't see it why the f**k not??? he was the referee!! if i was a louth man i'd have found it very hard to have behaved myself. i nearly kicked the telly in ffs. spillane was shaking he was that angry. how those two c***ts of umpires contrived the decision with the ref is beyond a joke. louth worthy champions!!! well done the wee county! sludden, you have disgraced our country you tr**p!

GBXII

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 11, 2010, 03:48:41 PM
53 YRS OF HURT is what caused those grown men to go mental. I certainly dont blame them, them umpires and sludden should be banned from GAA, cheating shower of c*nts. They all saw it especially the 2 umpires.

That would want to be a wind-up because if not I think it's safe to put you in the same category as those delinquent "fans".

zoyler

You can always depend on Sludden to make a complete and absolute cockup!  He had a fair 70 minutes (for Him) but that is why so many players in club football in Tyrone are always pleased to hear he is away on intercounty duty.  Yesterday after the idiot in Galway I said how low can refereeing go.  Now we know.  Having said that  there is no excuse for assulting a ref no matter how they have fcuked you up

snoopdog

53 YRS OF HURT is what caused those grown men to go mental. I certainly dont blame them, them umpires and sludden should be banned from GAA, cheating shower of c*nts. They all saw it especially the 2 umpires.

Stupid statement no matter what the ref did it was human error he didnt deserve those thugs running at him.
There is no excuse for that on an official.
The Garda will hopefully hopefully bring charges on these men plenty of tv coverage of them.
I seen a steward lying down must have got a dig from some thug also.
Only a fool would condone such behaviour

Kerry Mike

QuoteWe can review Tomas O'Se and Galvin's incidents ... but not a county getting robbed?

And people wonder why Kerry people have been pissed off the last few weeks......

Congrats Louth on winning the the Leinster title, will the GAA have the balls to give them their deserved cup.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

whiskeysteve

Simply cant believe what i just seen.

How must it feel to be a Louth man right now? I would be in floods of tears.

Quite simply the worst sucker punch i've ever seen in sport.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

stibhan

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 11, 2010, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: stibhan on July 11, 2010, 03:49:13 PM
Quote from: Mac Eoghain on July 11, 2010, 03:48:00 PM
So Sheridan didnt cheat?

Did the lad who fielded the ball in the square beforehand cheat?

Players throw the ball all the time, its just a free against them, where was the refs that give a jillion frees in the NFL for not handpassing the ball correctly (WHEN THE PASS WAS PERFECT) today.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Blue and Navy

I'm afraid Croke Park have their smoking gun in terms of keeping people off the pitch, and they will use that to gloss over the real story here. The umpires have had an easy life up to now, but its time to get rid of them. Joe Sheridan on the radio they didn't even ask him did he throw the thing in.....

full moon

If Meath had any dignity they would retire from the Championship, and give the trophy to Louth.

There should be no replay, Louth should be awarded the trophy.

But of course Meath have none, bunch of low lifes in that county. The likes of Colm O'Rourke will be on the Sunday Game tonight spreading propaganda.

johnpower

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on July 11, 2010, 03:54:08 PM
Would imagine when Meath see that, they will offer a replay, the GAA will agree, and that's how this will play out.

In fairness, ref gave Louth a lot up until that terrible decision at the end. But Louth were by a long shot the best team. Some of their supporters let them down. Right rough looking gurriers, too. It didn't look like their first time throwing a punch. The booing of free kick takers has crept into the game in a big way this year. Hope we don't see it in McHale next week.

I wonder will Des and co mention it on the Sunday game ? The CCCC are on holidays until August .

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 11, 2010, 03:54:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 03:51:06 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 11, 2010, 03:47:24 PM
You could see Sheridan throw it in real-time. The ref should have seen it. Full stop. The umpires are even worse. They are standing right in line beside it. They are either blind or don't know the rules.

It was so obviously a throw it is unbelievable. The ball left his hands and never changed direction. It was also the 4th minute of the 3 minutes injury time. Carney even pointed out that it was a square ball as well. I'm not surprised Louth fans feel hard done by.

Muppet, you're getting dangerously close to condoning the scenes after the match. Of course Louth were robbed, and if right was right Meath would offer Louth a replay. *But* I will listen to no watery justifications for yobs to hit a ref. If we accept that as a rational action, then the GAA is truly fucked. If that happened in Dalymount Park, we'd all be going on about the Ultras or whatever.

I'm not condoning it at all. It was disgraceful, but you can't ignore the reason it happened either.
MWWSI 2017

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: whiskeysteve on July 11, 2010, 03:55:43 PM

Quite simply the worst sucker punch i've ever seen in sport.

Swiftly followed by a sucker punch to the referee

From the Bunker

Quote from: J OGorman on July 11, 2010, 03:51:49 PM

so your condoning a crowd of drunken pr!cks attacking a referee after a game? you're as bad as them

I can understand those grown men going mental, many would have had year and year of taking it on the chin (and mostly from their Meath neighbours). This was the chance in two life times.

ross4life

Joe Sheridan on the radio now "we got the break today might not get it the next day?"
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Main Street

Hard to take in, that such an enthralling final turns to the other extreme in an instant, leaving everybody with an overwhelming bad feeling.