Dublin v Meath Sunday 27th June

Started by Declan, June 21, 2010, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Well folks any thoughts on this one yet? After last years damp squib I don't know what to expect. On form Meath will be favourites but form can sometimes mean nothing in these games. Unless Dublin improve 100% from the Wexford game I can only see a Royal victory and it's been nearly 10 years since they beat Dublin in a championship game.

meathie

well theres no way the Dubs can be that bad again. Im expecting a huge backlash from them, and reckon we may have to come from behind to win this one!

Zapatista

It's not like the Dubs to have such a bad game so early in the Championship. It's usually about the QF stage when their up against decent opposition. Perhaps they just got it out of the way ;)

Jinxy

It is now officially a proper summer.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GrandMasterFlash

Yeah, lookin forward to this one alright.. has the makings of a cracker. Two attacking teams with a fierce rivalry. Get the taytos and choc ices out..

Jinxy

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 21, 2010, 11:36:59 AM
Yeah, lookin forward to this one alright.. has the makings of a cracker. Two attacking teams with a fierce rivalry. Get the taytos and choc ices out..

Well.....one anyway! ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Hard to know what the Dublin team will be. Midfield got destroyed v Wexford, yet I think it was McConnell and Magee that won the midfield battle v Meath handy enough last year (and not much between Fennell and Magee, prefer Fennell personally). Plus Gilroy has stuck with that pairing throughout the league. Not too many other options anyway. McAuley is the obvious one but seems to be regarded as a half forward by management. There's some doubt whether Darren Magee is even on the panel this year - he was in the crowd for the Wexford game.

Not sure whether O'Carroll will pick up Sheridan or O'Rourke. Probably he'll go on whoever plays full forward with Mick Fitz on the other and McMahon on Ward. Reilly is clearly a dangerman so I wouldnt be surprised if Henry keeps a close eye on him, whether from half forward or half back.

Still anyone's guess whether Brogan, McAuley, Cullen, O'Gara, Quinn will break into the team. Presumably yes for the first two at least.

AN other

I've never been to a Dublin/Meath game... looking forward to it!

Main Street

I have been to a few. You start off sitting there like an UN observer supporting nobody in particular and 2 seconds after the throw in you're roaring with the rest.

I look forward to seeing what Meath can do in this game.

Canalman

Personally would like to see us lose this one. Qualifiers mght suit us better this year and if we are to be bet (highly likely) would prefer it to be without having won Leinster. "6 Leinsters no Sam" is not the sneer I want to hear.

O'Sullivan will be back in 3weeks or so.

Happy enough with our attitude at underage level to write this season off.

However, I feel that (just  a hunch mind) that we will take one of the "big three" down this season  but won't be able to down 2/3 of them to win it out.

3 lads on team last time imo not intercounty material.

Zapatista

Quote from: Canalman on June 21, 2010, 02:31:32 PM
Personally would like to see us lose this one. Qualifiers mght suit us better this year and if we are to be bet (highly likely) would prefer it to be without having won Leinster. "6 Leinsters no Sam" is not the sneer I want to hear.

Would you like to gamble on a meeting with Cork next time out rather than a softer option in the Leinster final. If you think Dublin wouldn't get past 2 of the big teams losing in Leinster is increasing the chance of meeting 2 of them earlier.

meathie

dunno where that attitude comes from, like to lose. no team should ever like to lose. Anyway, with alot of the big names in the qualifers this year, I think the straight way is easiest! Presonally Id like to win this one!

meathie

presume the fixture of double header will stay as is? Bound to be sell out

Dinny Breen

Quote from: meathie on June 21, 2010, 02:47:19 PM
presume the fixture of double header will stay as is? Bound to be sell out

No chance it will sell out, still too much apathy in Dublin and Meath don't bring the crowds they use to plus Louth and Westmeath will only bring 10-15K.
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

QuoteBound to be sell out

Don't think so. Agree with Dinny re the apathy etc. Even the slagging in the local last night was low key