Dublin v Meath Sunday 27th June

Started by Declan, June 21, 2010, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coddler

Yeah, a great display by O Carroll at centre back for the U21s in Nowlan park last night. His touch looked a bit rusty but he still manged to dominate the area. He'd be some prospect if he was hurling full time.
I hear that he agreed with Gilroy at the start off the year that he would hurl with the u21s as long as they remained in the championship so hopefully we'll see him again the Leinster final Vs Wexford.
Anyway ,we don't have a lot of options at full back on the senior footballers so I don't think Gilroy's in a position to drop him even if he was tempted to, so injury is the main worry for himself and the manager.

meathie

From Hoganstand
Injury doubts Nigel Crawford, Mark Ward and Anthony Moyles are all on course to play some part for Meath against Dublin on Sunday after they trained with Eamonn O'Brien's squad on Tuesday night.

Ward and Moyles suffered ankle and hamstring injuries respectively in last Saturday's Leinster SFC quarter-final replay win over Laois, but were able to take part in training, as was team captain Crawford who missed the two games against the O'Moore County due to bulging discs in his back.

Good to see. I doubt Crawford will start but may come on 2nd half. Dunno if Moyles will get starting place. His pace worries me. I have alot of time for him, but unsure how he'll cope with young Dubs

heffo

Quote from: meathie on June 24, 2010, 11:41:37 AM
From Hoganstand
Injury doubts Nigel Crawford, Mark Ward and Anthony Moyles are all on course to play some part for Meath against Dublin on Sunday after they trained with Eamonn O'Brien's squad on Tuesday night.

Ward and Moyles suffered ankle and hamstring injuries respectively in last Saturday's Leinster SFC quarter-final replay win over Laois, but were able to take part in training, as was team captain Crawford who missed the two games against the O'Moore County due to bulging discs in his back.

Good to see. I doubt Crawford will start but may come on 2nd half. Dunno if Moyles will get starting place. His pace worries me. I have alot of time for him, but unsure how he'll cope with young Dubs

Looks like Alan Brogan will start centre forward - if so, Moyles will switch I'd imagine..

meathie

yea Id McGuinness will come in centre back, if fit enough.

Jinxy

Would we be better off keeping Crawford in reserve if there are any doubts about his fitness?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Henry is out - Quinn, A Brogan & Cullen all in..

Hound

Quote from: heffo on June 24, 2010, 01:49:08 PM
Injured or dropped? Our captains are not having much luck this year.

I feared the praise Quinn was getting for his performance v Wexford would get him in. Personally I'd pick any of Andrews, O'Gara, McMenamon or Connolly ahead of him.

Cullen coming in should improve the passing from our half back line. Hopefully he can find someone on the slow side to mark.

Surprised that McAuley hasn't made it.

heffo

Quote from: Hound on June 24, 2010, 02:12:23 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 24, 2010, 01:49:08 PM
Injured or dropped? Our captains are not having much luck this year.

I feared the praise Quinn was getting for his performance v Wexford would get him in. Personally I'd pick any of Andrews, O'Gara, McMenamon or Connolly ahead of him.

Cullen coming in should improve the passing from our half back line. Hopefully he can find someone on the slow side to mark.

Surprised that McAuley hasn't made it.

Dropped AFAIK - I'd expect Cullen to move into the centre - I'd say he still has nightmares about his last game on the wing for Dublin (stupidity by Gilroy to line up the defence the way they did that day)

Hound

Dublin:

1 Stephen Cluxton (Parnells)
2 Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala) - 3 Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud) - 4 Philip McMahon (Ballymun)
5 Ger Brennan (Vincent's) - 6 Bryan Cullen (Skerries) - 7 Barry Cahill (Brigid's)
8 Eamon Fennell (O'Toole's) - 9 Ross McConnell (Plunkett's)
10 Paul Flynn (Fingallians) - 11 Alan Brogan (Plunkett's) - 12 Niall Corkery (Kilmacud)
13 Conal Keaney (Ballyboden) - 14 Bernard Brogan (Plunkett's) - 15 Tomás Quinn (Vincent's)

Can't figure how McAuley isnt in. IMO Quinn and Corkery lucky to be starting, Henry unlucky.

PP odds:
Dublin 8/11
Draw 15/2
Meath 6/4

meathie

and Meath team also

Meath (SFC v Dublin) - Brendan Murphy, Chris O'Connor, Kevin Reilly, Eoghan Harrington, Anthony Moyles, Gary O'Brien, Caomhin King, Brian Meade, Mark Ward, Seamus Kenny, Joe Sheridan, Graham Reilly, Cian Ward, Shane O'Rourke, Stephen Bray.

no McGuinness due to lack of match fitness and obviously Murphy in for O Rourke. thats it, not much change. Crawford on sub bench....

Hardy

Surprised - didn't expexct Ward to make it. I'm sure we'll see Crawford fairly early. I wonder whether it will be Gary O'Brien or Moyles on Brogan? Eamonn O'Brien showing great loyalty to Bray - whether that's good or bad I don't know. Let's hope he rewards it in a big way on Sunday. Also, it's hard to see how McGuinness is to get match fit without playing in matches.

Sorry about this, but somebody has to mention it - how many of the, shall we say "floating" Dublin support will come out of the pubs before England - Gremany (including penalty shoot-out) is over?

heffo

Quote from: Hardy on June 25, 2010, 10:17:19 AM
Surprised - didn't expexct Ward to make it. I'm sure we'll see Crawford fairly early. I wonder whether it will be Gary O'Brien or Moyles on Brogan? Eamonn O'Brien showing great loyalty to Bray - whether that's good or bad I don't know. Let's hope he rewards it in a big way on Sunday. Also, it's hard to see how McGuinness is to get match fit without playing in matches.

Sorry about this, but somebody has to mention it - how many of the, shall we say "floating" Dublin support will come out of the pubs before England - Gremany (including penalty shoot-out) is over?

Kerry have been involved in more delayed throw ins than Dublin

Declan

QuoteSorry about this, but somebody has to mention it - how many of the, shall we say "floating" Dublin support will come out of the pubs before England - Gremany (including penalty shoot-out) is over?

Actually I think there'll be less bandwagoners than has been the case in previous years around on Sunday and it'll be half time in the English game at 3.45 so loads of time to get in ;) ;)

Jinxy

Lads does anyone know what time the ticket office on Dorset St stays open till?
If you were any use you'd be playing.