Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on June 15, 2010, 02:23:23 PM
Mal Mackin - brilliant half decent club player - but how do we best utilise his talents on the county scene?

fixed that for you...Mal's a good lad and to me he's above average for a club player but he's not inter county material (far to slow)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armaghtothebone

As someone who believes in not being personal on boards....I would simply ask if Malachy Mackin could honestly say he deserves to keep his place after the Monaghan game?

Orior

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on June 15, 2010, 09:54:28 PM
As someone who believes in not being personal on boards....I would simply ask if Malachy Mackin could honestly say he deserves to keep his place after the Monaghan game?

I accept your point about not being personal, but we're only saying what happens on the terraces anyway. Its part and parcel of intercounty football.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Uladh

Quote from: jobo11 on June 15, 2010, 02:39:19 PM
And if he cannot defend, then where would you play AK?

I would put him on the bench, luckly we haven t got colm watters fit . he will definately be armagh s number 11 in the near future.

He's never fit

Uladh

Mal Mackin - brilliant club player - but how do we best utilise his talents on the county scene?

Is mal a brilliant club player?

capable of producing 10 mins of mighty stuff in club games ok

JUst retired

This game is all-ticket. Tickets have to be ordered by Friday 18th June.

done and dusted

Cassidy holds no fear of Armagh

Donegal captain Kevin Cassidy is relishing his side's All-Ireland football qualifier against Armagh at Crossmaglen on Saturday week.

The Tir Chonaill men have a poor record against the Orchard County, having suffered five successive championship losses to them between 2002 and 2006, and were hammered by 16 points in this year's winner-takes-all NFL Division 2 promotion clash between the sides. However, Donegal did win the last championship meeting between the sides in 2007.

"I've always wanted to play for Donegal in Crossmaglen," Cassidy said.

"I don't think I've ever played there, maybe I did in a McKenna Cup match once or something, but never in a big game like this. The game would have been equally as tough even if it had been in Ballybofey, so I don't think that matters.

"From a personal point of view, going over the Crossmaglen is something I'm really looking forward to."

jobo11

Uladh when he is fit he will play centre forward for armagh. better quality of footballer then ak .

RMDrive

Quote from: done and dusted on June 16, 2010, 11:20:28 AM
Cassidy holds no fear of Armagh

Donegal captain Kevin Cassidy is relishing his side's All-Ireland football qualifier against Armagh at Crossmaglen on Saturday week.

The Tir Chonaill men have a poor record against the Orchard County, having suffered five successive championship losses to them between 2002 and 2006, and were hammered by 16 points in this year's winner-takes-all NFL Division 2 promotion clash between the sides. However, Donegal did win the last championship meeting between the sides in 2007.

"I've always wanted to play for Donegal in Crossmaglen," Cassidy said.

"I don't think I've ever played there, maybe I did in a McKenna Cup match once or something, but never in a big game like this. The game would have been equally as tough even if it had been in Ballybofey, so I don't think that matters.

"From a personal point of view, going over the Crossmaglen is something I'm really looking forward to."

I love the sensationalism ...

What Cass said ... "From a personal point of view, going over the Crossmaglen is something I'm really looking forward to."

What the honourable media outlet decided to go with ... "Cassidy holds no fear of Armagh"

::)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Uladh on June 16, 2010, 12:51:45 AM
Mal Mackin - brilliant club player - but how do we best utilise his talents on the county scene?

Is mal a brilliant club player?

capable of producing 10 mins of mighty stuff in club games ok

Well I don't see too many better midfielders in the First Division. Over the past 2 years he's been consistently our best player.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Uladh

Quote from: jobo11 on June 16, 2010, 12:34:29 PM
Uladh when he is fit he will play centre forward for armagh. better quality of footballer then ak .

Does he actually exist?

I think he may be a mythical figure, a bit like the holy ghost. Right enough people keep telling me he's great but any time i've been at a club or county game he should be playing in, he's mysteriously missing...

our_fella

Anyone else hear about McKeever walking out of the squad?

Onion Bag

I dont rate Mackin either as an inter county player, decent enough club player but thats as far it goes,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Armaghgeddon

Makin was made to look good in front of a tired Down team.