Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down South

Game confirmed for Crossmaglen 3.30pm. Live on RTE TV.

mackers

See the match is in Crossmaglen......happy days. Big advantage us playing there. There'll be a good atmosphere, the alternative would've been an empty Clones.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

TacadoirArdMhacha

The first football championship match to take place in County Armagh since 1995 or 1996?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 13, 2010, 11:53:23 PM
        If Armagh do lose this, where do we go from here ?

Sorry to bring it up again....But hopefully the county board will move heaven and earth to get Grimley.

Grimley had his opportunity and turned it down, move on.  I really think he's letting someone else do the rebuilding and he'll slip in in a two or three years when hopefully we should be realistic challengers again.

As I pointed out on the other thread,  Grimley was met last week and sounded out.

Bollocks, Grimley is staying put and Paddy is the man in the job and deserves a fair crack of the whip, he led us to promotion and we are a team that is only a year or two away from really being a challenger for the AI.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Down South on June 14, 2010, 05:10:08 PM
Game confirmed for Crossmaglen 3.30pm. Live on RTE TV.

Any other games live on RTE?

mhacadoir

that will be a great bonus for Armagh playing in Cross. The hurlers are also due to be playing a home game on the 26th in the semi final of the Nicky Rackard Cup, would be great for the hurlers to have a double header.

armaghniac

QuoteThe first football championship match to take place in County Armagh since 1995 or 1996?

An interesting question is when a championship match might last have taken place in Cross'.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2010, 07:26:09 PM
QuoteThe first football championship match to take place in County Armagh since 1995 or 1996?

An interesting question is when a championship match might last have taken place in Cross'.

Possibly never?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: stew on June 14, 2010, 06:06:22 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 13, 2010, 11:53:23 PM
        If Armagh do lose this, where do we go from here ?

Sorry to bring it up again....But hopefully the county board will move heaven and earth to get Grimley.

Grimley had his opportunity and turned it down, move on.  I really think he's letting someone else do the rebuilding and he'll slip in in a two or three years when hopefully we should be realistic challengers again.

As I pointed out on the other thread,  Grimley was met last week and sounded out.

Bollocks, Grimley is staying put and Paddy is the man in the job and deserves a fair crack of the whip, he led us to promotion and we are a team that is only a year or two away from really being a challenger for the AI.

Seriously?

ardmhachaabu

I fear too many Armagh fans have unrealistic expectations of the squad as it is currently.  As many others have said, the squad seems leaderless in times of panic and trouble. 

I tip Donegal to bate Armagh by 5 points

All this talk of Grimley is an annoying distraction.  Grimley and Geezer combined won't solve the problems Armagh have.  Only the current squad and management can do that, in my opinion

I hope they prove me wrong and slaughter Donegal but I can't see it
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

balladmaker

QuoteI tip Donegal to bate Armagh by 5 points

That will be a 21 point turn around from the league, dramatic to say the least...different ball game I know but ...

lawnseed

armagh to win! and why you ask? simple! theres no way arron kernan is gonna make a show of himself like he did in Belfast. this guy when he gets the finger out is the difference between what we saw against donegal and down and what monaghan did to us. i firmly believe he lacks confidence despite his list of honours, also the home venue will spur on hearty and the other cross lads. over the last 10 years the cross lads lead the county with their aggression, and bloody will to win. this is a backs to the wall high pressure match just what this team needs to bring them together and strengthen their camaraderie. i hope its close and we come from behind. basically its "come home with your shield or on it"
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

borderfox

Im really glad this games going to cross and it should be a sellout,It could be the game we need to kickstart ourselves again plus we owe them one from 2007.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

pintsofguinness

I'm confident of an Armagh win, 4 or 5 points in it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 14, 2010, 10:20:20 PM
I'm confident of an Armagh win, 4 or 5 points in it.

Wish i felt the same. Think it will be very close 1 or 2 in it either way.