Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: PatDaly on June 26, 2010, 07:22:25 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 26, 2010, 07:16:51 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 26, 2010, 06:50:35 PM
Fine win there but Donegal are basically a disgrace, no balls whatsoever.  We just seem to have their number.

Great win considering how many injuries there are at present, delighted for Nippy who had an absolute blinder.  Cant agree on Hanratty, made countless mistakes, however he'll only improve from there.  Jamie is the boy, a lot better than i thought he was having watched him for Cross and UUJ.

Can we only get a semi final loser in the next round of the draw or is it a free for all?

Free for all.

Are you sure about that? Where did you get that info?

http://www.gaa.ie/content/downloads/wallcharts/football_wallchart.pdf
Round 2: July 10
Each of the eight teams defeated in the provincial semi-finals shall play against one of the eight winners from Round 1.

Apologies you are correct.

So Armagh can get either

Down
Fermanagh/Monaghan
Louth/Westmeath
Meath/Dublin
Leitrim
Sligo/Galway
Cork
Waterford

Or am I doing it wrong ?

our_fella

Are we away the next match or can we have it in cross again?

mountainboii

Quote from: our_fella on June 26, 2010, 07:44:04 PM
Are we away the next match or can we have it in cross again?

Down generally play their home games in Newry.

our_fella

under the bar

QuoteAre we away the next match or can we have it in cross again?

Surely a contender for stupid question of the year award.

our_fella

Under the bar, i meant are the provincial semi finalists guaranteed a home draw next round?

Shortso79

I thought Hanratty was excellent for his debut

He got a great ovation when he got substituted

Hopefully young Duffy is ok - he was playing well

Pleased with the result - feel sorry for the Donegal supporters

Shortso79

10.07.2010 (Sat) – Round Two – (Draw)

Each of the eight teams defeated in the Provincial Semi-Finals shall play against one of the eight winners from Round 1. 

First Team drawn has home advantage provided venue meets the criteria set down by the National Safety and Infrastructure Committee

Orior

Quote from: under the bar on June 26, 2010, 08:38:04 PM
QuoteAre we away the next match or can we have it in cross again?

Surely a contender for stupid question of the year award.

Why?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Shortso79 on June 26, 2010, 09:11:37 PM
10.07.2010 (Sat) – Round Two – (Draw)

Each of the eight teams defeated in the Provincial Semi-Finals shall play against one of the eight winners from Round 1. 

First Team drawn has home advantage provided venue meets the criteria set down by the National Safety and Infrastructure Committee

But that is a nonsense.

As the Qualifiers' first round winners will be kept in a separate "hat" from the beaten provincial semi finalists then one basket will always be drawn out first.

They would just be safer saying that either the provincial semi finalist or the first round winner gets home advantage (depending on which hat they are going to choose from first).

mountainboii

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 26, 2010, 07:33:29 PM
So Armagh can get either

Down
Fermanagh/Monaghan
Louth/Westmeath
Meath/Dublin
Leitrim
Sligo/Galway
Cork
Waterford

Or am I doing it wrong ?

So from that, would like to avoid Cork, Down and probably Fermanagh. Cork are better than us and would beat us, and I'd like our newer players to get another couple of games this summer. Wouldn't particularly fear Down or Fermanagh, but it'd definitely be perferable to avoid another Ulster opponent. Wouldn't lose much sleep over any of the rest. If Monaghan fcuk up tomorrow I actually wouldn't mind another pop at them, would be a great opportunity to wipe that debacle from the memory completely.

omagh_gael

Am I imagining things or do the game draws be made and then a separate draw to see who's at home? Probably wrong though.

Redhand Santa

Think they pick a ball from each bowl and then put them in another bowl spin them round and first one picked up is at home.

donegal lad

very disappointed with that display apart from 2 or 3 players the team didnt seem up for the challenge at all major changes needed and jj has to step down very poor manager id ask any1 that was in cross today did they see him walk the line at all. Just a word for the crossmaglen team well done on the organising for this game my bro was in the disabled end and ithe better facilites hes been in throughout ireland

seafoid

Did Donegal lose any players to emigration? Keith Duggan wrote about them last year and over half were unemployed I think.