Ard Mhacha v Dún na nGall - 26ú Meitheamh

Started by PatDaly, June 13, 2010, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

i agree typ i thought swift was motm, he covered a lot of ground his fielding was top drawer. nice to see stevie getn some support i like him in the role of play maker. wouldnt mind another monaghan game cant believe theyre too much better than us. what happened to kevin cassidy where did he go? heard today that k.toner had a bad accident involving a loader tipping over hes got bad bruising and cuts according to my source hes very lucky it could have been alot worse. get well soon keiran
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

TacadoirArdMhacha

Good performance today. You have be pleased when you beat a seemingly decent Ulster side by 9 points in the championship. The roasting Jamie Clarke gave to a current All Star in his 2nd championship start is very encouraging. It could have been 3 goals for Clarke were it not for the ref awarding an untimely free.

Great to see us finally being to shed our over-reliance on Stevie; 2-10 scored by the rest of the forward line. Nippy Swift was excellent and kicked some lovely scores. The only concern was the failure to pick up a decent proportion of breaking ball around midfield. Its not entirely fair to lame that on Mal and Charlie, the half forwards need to be reacting better to loose ball.

If we avoid Cork hopefully we'd have a decent chance of making progress, possibly as far as the quarter final. Put Ronan Clarke and a couple of last years minors into that forward line in 2011 and you've the makings of a very decent side.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lawnseed

any word on ronan clarke will he feature soon. heard today that paul mcgrane is playing great stuff and is in super shape word is that he is to be asked to fill in while toner recovers, i,d love to see him back even if he was only doing impact sub for 20mins. failing something like that hearty is going to have to place his kickouts abit better we were cleaned out for long periods of the game today

ONeill

Two horrible teams. It was like watching a division 4 game at the end of the league campaign.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lawnseed

hold on oneill we just got our asses well and truely kicked by monaghan, we'll take any improvement on the last day. your right the pace of the game was a little pedestrain, but we had a few new faces in cross today, and imo progress was made. mal mackin has had better days but on one glaring occasion he won the ball in mid-field and laid it off to ak who went on a good run mackin ran with him and was through on goal unmarked ak passed the ball to an armagh player running out from the donegal goal and the move broke down there was nobody between mackin and the goalie, he was really pissed off. mals a tryer 

Minder

Didn't think it would be that easy ONeill.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Armaghgeddon

The good thing about today is that players will be more confident in running forward with the ball and going for points.

The only time we have been defeated this year [apart from Meath] is when we have been reduced to 14.

ardmhachaabu

Apart from Cross men, did anyone else think Hanratty had a good day?

No harm to the fella meant here, he cost Armagh at least 2 frees which Donegal scored from, put it wide himself on 3 occasions that I counted.  To my mind, he should have been substituted after the first 25 minutes or so, him and Mackin.  Do Armagh have replacements for the positions they play in though?  That's my worry, if Armagh are depending on good club standard players to try and lift major sliverware, they will be caught short
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

lawnseed

very little soccer style lateral or back passing today or those stupid passes to people just standing there in your way who just give it back to you as you run past. does my head in that stuff. alot of diagonal passes to the forwards, heartys looking alot cooler as well when hes coming out with the ball, fuk it, there are alot of things about todays game that I'd be happy about 

mountainboii

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 27, 2010, 12:05:30 AM

Yes, me.

Anyone that thinks otherwise, is thinking shite.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: AFS on June 27, 2010, 12:11:33 AM

Yes, me.

As a neutral i thought he was ordinary enough against a Donegal side who where dreadful. Two off the slackest goals iveseen in some time. Jamie Clarke had no pressure put on him at all. Armagh looked good but Donegal where woeful.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 12:16:17 AM

Yes, me.

As a neutral i thought he was ordinary enough against a Donegal side who where dreadful. Two off the slackest goals iveseen in some time. Jamie Clarke had no pressure put on him at all. Armagh looked good but Donegal where woeful.

Might not have been the hardest of goals but being as inexperienced as him, he was very calm and played off other players really well. When he got his chances he took them. That's all you can expect from your forwards.

Armaghgeddon

Yes, me.

I thought he was wasteful but it is his first game. He reminded me a little of Henderson though.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 27, 2010, 12:18:44 AM

Yes, me.

Might not have been the hardest of goals but being as inexperienced as him, he was very calm and played off other players really well. When he got his chances he took them. That's all you can expect from your forwards.

Dont get me wrong Clarke is some talent and he done what he was there for but i am just questioning Donegals defence.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 27, 2010, 12:21:06 AM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 27, 2010, 12:18:44 AM

Yes, me.

Dont get me wrong Clarke is some talent and he done what he was there for but i am just questioning Donegals defence.

Armagh just don't have the options at the moment. However with a fit Ronan Clarke and Henderson I dont think many team would enjoy playing against us.