Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

RedandGreenSniper

Yes it's Horan. Wow! Don't know what to say. A victory for consensus , great news. Best of luck James :)
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Peter Solan the Great

parkoncrokie

well done James horan  i am  thrilled.. is his backroom team announced yet.. yahoooooo

DuffleKing

boosabum

Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2010, 09:10:41 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 29, 2010, 08:41:54 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 29, 2010, 06:58:25 PM
no but all the in the know guess have been or wrong so far .
the appointment of tommy lyons wont prove anything either .
if you make enough wild guess's your chances of appearing to be right increases greatly.
Plus did they not appoint a complete outsider in liam Horan
my opinion is there is an intense debate going on amongst these appointed to appoint and each is doing all they can to get their man in
this is as it should be. we dont want a repeat of the disaster of JOM
the one that looks to have played a blinder is James horan. How can you talk about manipulation and then suggest the secretary who was not on the interview panel played a blinder. Is this some sort of ballintubber conspiracy?
Congrats to James and hard luck on the others who were brave enought to put their heads on the block.

Well put, ros.
Less than an hour to go and if the CB has been trying to manipulate the proceedings all along they have been making a damn bad job of it. No one knew when the selection process got underway that Lyons, Horan and McGarry were going to be the only ones still in the reckoning. No one could have known that any of them would have decided to contest the position in the first place.
I have one good reason for thinking that the whole drawn out process was reasonably open and fair from the start and that's because I feel reason the CB didn't go ahead and pick their man without bothering to consult anyone else was that they feared the consequences if their next appointment was as ill-judged as their last. A classic instance of buck passing, IMO.
I will accept the choice of the delegates at the meeting now underway. I expect Horan to land the gig but I won't be shattered if any of the other pair is chosen.

Are you on the wind up Lar. Of course they were trying to manipulate things but they did do a bad job of it. No surprise there.So bad in fact that it may have worked in our favour and the earlier dispatches are correct and Horan has indeed got it. Fortunately the top table in the CB was split from the start or we d have had Micko, John M or Lyons. A few cuter ones  that kept their powder dry ( I suspect the secretary played a blinder here) seem to have won the day. I ve had a few texts close to ground zero that Horan has it.

ildanach

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Tubberman

3 year term according to Angelina.
Backroom team I heard earlier is James Nallen, Paul Jordan and Martin Connelly. But I haven't heard that officially confirmed.

This is great news! Restores a bit of faith and hope in Mayo football.
Huge job in front of him of course.... 

Edit: Looks like Ballintubber's Tom Prendergast is a selector as well. Congrats to Tom, had heard conflicting reports on that one all evening :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

saffronandblue

Lets hope that James is the man to take us to the promised land.  A leader on the field lets hope he can get the best out of our lads.  Congrats and James Nallen will be a very worthy sidekick.

REDCOL

Hope all goes well for James

moysider

Quote from: parkoncrokie on September 29, 2010, 09:19:06 PM
well done James horan  i am  thrilled.. is his backroom team announced yet.. yahoooooo

Westport s Martin Connolly is in there. I suspect he will train the team. Something I remember him doing in the past as well I think.

moysider

Quote from: boosabum on September 29, 2010, 09:20:48 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2010, 09:10:41 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 29, 2010, 08:41:54 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 29, 2010, 06:58:25 PM
no but all the in the know guess have been or wrong so far .
the appointment of tommy lyons wont prove anything either .
if you make enough wild guess's your chances of appearing to be right increases greatly.
Plus did they not appoint a complete outsider in liam Horan
my opinion is there is an intense debate going on amongst these appointed to appoint and each is doing all they can to get their man in
this is as it should be. we dont want a repeat of the disaster of JOM
the one that looks to have played a blinder is James horan. How can you talk about manipulation and then suggest the secretary who was not on the interview panel played a blinder. Is this some sort of ballintubber conspiracy?
Congrats to James and hard luck on the others who were brave enought to put their heads on the block.

Well put, ros.
Less than an hour to go and if the CB has been trying to manipulate the proceedings all along they have been making a damn bad job of it. No one knew when the selection process got underway that Lyons, Horan and McGarry were going to be the only ones still in the reckoning. No one could have known that any of them would have decided to contest the position in the first place.
I have one good reason for thinking that the whole drawn out process was reasonably open and fair from the start and that's because I feel reason the CB didn't go ahead and pick their man without bothering to consult anyone else was that they feared the consequences if their next appointment was as ill-judged as their last. A classic instance of buck passing, IMO.
I will accept the choice of the delegates at the meeting now underway. I expect Horan to land the gig but I won't be shattered if any of the other pair is chosen.

Are you on the wind up Lar. Of course they were trying to manipulate things but they did do a bad job of it. No surprise there.So bad in fact that it may have worked in our favour and the earlier dispatches are correct and Horan has indeed got it. Fortunately the top table in the CB was split from the start or we d have had Micko, John M or Lyons. A few cuter ones  that kept their powder dry ( I suspect the secretary played a blinder here) seem to have won the day. I ve had a few texts close to ground zero that Horan has it.

What s that Boosabum?

Farrandeelin

Fair play to him, and to all involved especially the committee who went with the feeling on the ground.

All we can do is wish them the best of luck.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.