James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2010, 07:52:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2010, 05:26:31 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 29, 2010, 05:24:22 PM
lets hope it true and the people have won . jesus lads it could be an excuse for the 1st official gathering of mayo posters in some secret location with Hardy as guest of Honour

It wouldn't be the first, although Hardy wasn't invited.

I didn't know about it either. :P

wasn't that part of the yahoo groups which existed inbetween board if i remeber rightly.
BTW ther some one from that board that still sends out of office Emails to all members who are still using the same email address . I got one about 2 weeks ago.
he works for a large bank.
Are yo still posting Here??????
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2010, 07:33:01 PM

Of course we have to accept the decision. And all we were doing anyway was amusing ourselves by trying to follow the twists and turns that took place. Which I believe we did very well. Its also a conspiracy if 2 or more people plot together to influence an outcome. I believe this has happened. Of course it can also be called politics in action or whatever.

I doubt Iolar or anybody else will be organising a boycott. But he can if he wants to of course. If people like the cut of the new regime more might start going back to games. If they don't more will decide to stay at home. A counties supporters are like a flock of starlings that all change direction at the same time. If the people don t like what s put in front of them they ll stay away without ant boycott being organised. They ve been staying away for years now and nothing was organised. Any calls to get behind the new management will be a waste of time as well.

now thats being pedantic in the extreme
id be more worried if there were not at least 2 people behind a newly appointed manager

yes the peole will stay away either way till the first sniff of glory then well hear a load of cant about all the true fans who can't get tickets
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2010, 07:52:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2010, 05:26:31 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 29, 2010, 05:24:22 PM
lets hope it true and the people have won . jesus lads it could be an excuse for the 1st official gathering of mayo posters in some secret location with Hardy as guest of Honour

It wouldn't be the first, although Hardy wasn't invited.

I didn't know about it either. :P

Nor I.

moysider

Just because it may be pedantic doesn't mean its not true. The Tommys being added to the ticket half way through takes a bit of explaining. Not like the were class 1 candidates becoming available out of the blue.. Why not Luke Dempsey or Mickey Ned? I d like to know the thinking behind it. Or maybe not. I d be worried too if the best that our County chairman can come up with for all his political nous is a poorman's Micko,  Tommy 'arseboxing' Lyons. I hope he gets a mighty kick in the hole tonight. Metaphorically speaking of course. The Chairman that is.

I d expect a James Horan appointment to boost morale and increase support straight away. A reshuffle of the panel would help too. But even in better times there is a small enough core of supporters that go to games in the Spring.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rosnarun on September 29, 2010, 06:58:25 PM
no but all the in the know guess have been or wrong so far .
the appointment of tommy lyons wont prove anything either .
if you make enough wild guess's your chances of appearing to be right increases greatly.
Plus did they not appoint a complete outsider in liam Horan
my opinion is there is an intense debate going on amongst these appointed to appoint and each is doing all they can to get their man in
this is as it should be. we dont want a repeat of the disaster of JOM

Well put, ros.
Less than an hour to go and if the CB has been trying to manipulate the proceedings all along they have been making a damn bad job of it. No one knew when the selection process got underway that Lyons, Horan and McGarry were going to be the only ones still in the reckoning. No one could have known that any of them would have decided to contest the position in the first place.
I have one good reason for thinking that the whole drawn out process was reasonably open and fair from the start and that's because I feel reason the CB didn't go ahead and pick their man without bothering to consult anyone else was that they feared the consequences if their next appointment was as ill-judged as their last. A classic instance of buck passing, IMO.
I will accept the choice of the delegates at the meeting now underway. I expect Horan to land the gig but I won't be shattered if any of the other pair is chosen.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

GAA_Punter

We will have live updates from the meeting of the Mayo County board meeting.

20:43 Mayo GAA Executive currently meeting. Club delegates beginning to arrive for full County Board meeting which is scheduled for 9pm but very few delegates here yet

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/09/29/mayo-county-board-meeting-updates-tommy-lyons-or-james-moran/

REDCOL

Tubberman

Quote from: boosabum on September 29, 2010, 08:59:26 PM
Horan has it

Has it been announced yet?
I've heard it now from a few people from home since the afternoon, so it looks like he definitely has it, but won't start looking beyond tonight yet....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

boosabum

He interview committe are proposing jh. I'm sure the delegates will ratify him in the next 15 minutes

Tubberman

Quote from: boosabum on September 29, 2010, 09:09:13 PM
He interview committe are proposing jh. I'm sure the delegates will ratify him in the next 15 minutes

;D ;D ;D

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 29, 2010, 08:41:54 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 29, 2010, 06:58:25 PM
no but all the in the know guess have been or wrong so far .
the appointment of tommy lyons wont prove anything either .
if you make enough wild guess's your chances of appearing to be right increases greatly.
Plus did they not appoint a complete outsider in liam Horan
my opinion is there is an intense debate going on amongst these appointed to appoint and each is doing all they can to get their man in
this is as it should be. we dont want a repeat of the disaster of JOM

Well put, ros.
Less than an hour to go and if the CB has been trying to manipulate the proceedings all along they have been making a damn bad job of it. No one knew when the selection process got underway that Lyons, Horan and McGarry were going to be the only ones still in the reckoning. No one could have known that any of them would have decided to contest the position in the first place.
I have one good reason for thinking that the whole drawn out process was reasonably open and fair from the start and that's because I feel reason the CB didn't go ahead and pick their man without bothering to consult anyone else was that they feared the consequences if their next appointment was as ill-judged as their last. A classic instance of buck passing, IMO.
I will accept the choice of the delegates at the meeting now underway. I expect Horan to land the gig but I won't be shattered if any of the other pair is chosen.

Are you on the wind up Lar. Of course they were trying to manipulate things but they did do a bad job of it. No surprise there.So bad in fact that it may have worked in our favour and the earlier dispatches are correct and Horan has indeed got it. Fortunately the top table in the CB was split from the start or we d have had Micko, John M or Lyons. A few cuter ones  that kept their powder dry ( I suspect the secretary played a blinder here) seem to have won the day. I ve had a few texts close to ground zero that Horan has it.

Tubberman

CONFIRMED!!

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10959:james-horan-is-new-mayo-senior-football-manager&catid=14&Itemid=100008

QuoteJames Horan is new Mayo senior football manager

Mike Finnerty
Castlebar

Weeks of speculation were brought to an end tonight when James Horan (38) was appointed as the new manager of the Mayo senior football team.
The Ballintubber manager, who was born in New Zealand, was recommended for the position by the five-man Mayo GAA selection committee and ratified by club delegates at a County Board meeting at McHale Park, Castlebar.
Former Dublin manager, Tommy Lyons, and Anthony McGarry were the other candidates interviewed for the high-profile position which was vacated by John O'Mahony last June.

Congrats and best of luck to James and his backroom team!!

StoneWall