Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

seafoid

Quote from: Barney on September 29, 2010, 04:47:08 PM
Its all a bit transfer deadline day really!

It's more like Mrs Mayo is having a baby and the father is waiting for the news in the hospital with a load of other fellas going up the walls

muppet

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 29, 2010, 05:33:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2010, 05:26:31 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 29, 2010, 05:24:22 PM
lets hope it true and the people have won . jesus lads it could be an excuse for the 1st official gathering of mayo posters in some secret location with Hardy as guest of Honour

It wouldn't be the first, although Hardy wasn't invited.

when was the last one muppet ?

I'd say it was around 2005/2006. Couple of nights meeting in Mulligans, not all from this site a few seemed to arrive having heard about it elsewhere. Most who were there don't appear here much anymore such as Maradona, Flying Doctor. Stephenite and myself being two exceptions.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

lets hope it true and the people have won . jesus lads it could be an excuse for the 1st official gathering of mayo posters in some secret location with Hardy as guest of Honour

Delighted.

But why am I invited?

spectator

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 29, 2010, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: westmayo on September 29, 2010, 03:42:45 PM
According to the Connaught Telegraph, Horan has got the job. http://twitter.com/thecontel

I'm damned if I know what to make of this. The only way Horan could have the job now, at five o'clock, would be if Lyons pulled out at the last minute. How else could it be possible? And why would he do it, having stuck it out this far? What in God's holy name is going on?

Surely the people couldn't have won, could they?

It could be that one or two local sports hacks are going all-out to try and get Horan selected. That was certainly the impression I got listening to the RTE interview yesterday evening, for example. This latest tweet could be aimed at ratchetting up the pressure ahead of the meeting? Club Mayo's reaction to the rejection of their second candidate will be interesting, if Horan ends up getting the nod.

muppet

Quote from: spectator on September 29, 2010, 05:59:30 PM
According to the Connaught Telegraph, Horan has got the job. http://twitter.com/thecontel

I'm damned if I know what to make of this. The only way Horan could have the job now, at five o'clock, would be if Lyons pulled out at the last minute. How else could it be possible? And why would he do it, having stuck it out this far? What in God's holy name is going on?

It could be that one or two local sports hacks are going all-out to try and get Horan selected. That was certainly the impression I got listening to the RTE interview yesterday evening, for example. This latest tweet could be aimed at ratchetting up the pressure ahead of the meeting? Club Mayo's reaction to the rejection of their second candidate will be interesting, if Horan ends up getting the nod.

They weren't involved with the 1st candidate and I heard nothing about them being involved with Tommy either. There is more than 1 Mayo association in Dublin.
MWWSI 2017

spectator

Fair enough Muppet, you probably know more about that than me  ;)

ludermor

Quote from: Hardy on September 29, 2010, 05:52:57 PM

Delighted.

But why am I invited?
You keep such a close eye on all things Mayo you will prob be outside peeking in the window anyway.

rosnarun

a lot of delusions of insiderdom have be demolished over the last 75 pages.
1st micko had the job
Then maughan
then lyons 
now it looks like Horan and people are running for cover
any chance it was just a fair Process all the way and hopefully they wll appoint the right man for the job.
doesn't suit the conspiracy nuts but worth considering all the same

I an happy if either is appointed But Horan is by far the Bigger risk
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2010, 06:02:04 PM
Quote from: spectator on September 29, 2010, 05:59:30 PM

They weren't involved with the 1st candidate and I heard nothing about them being involved with Tommy either. There is more than 1 Mayo association in Dublin.

How many are there?

I know there's a Mayoman's Association, but I don't think that's GAA specific. Club Mayo is certainly endorsed by the County Board - I was at the launch and it was certainly seen as an official vehicle. What others are out there? And what sort of impact can they have if they're not affiliated to the Board?

muppet

Lads, an individual with a large cheque book does't need procedure or affiliation. This is Ireland we are talking about. It doesn't have to be a conspiracy either. It can be well meaning all round. I accept the lack of transparency does no one any favours and leads to rumours and threads like this.

Denis O'Brien is paying some of Trapattoni's salary. Is he affiliated?
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

no but all the in the know guess have been or wrong so far .
the appointment of tommy lyons wont prove anything either .
if you make enough wild guess's your chances of appearing to be right increases greatly.
Plus did they not appoint a complete outsider in liam Horan
my opinion is there is an intense debate going on amongst these appointed to appoint and each is doing all they can to get their man in
this is as it should be. we dont want a repeat of the disaster of JOM

moysider

On the contrary many on here have been right from the start about all this. First Micko  was wanted by the Chairman and his supporters. But there was opposition from the within the executive and the people in general were not gone on the idea of Micko so that trail went cold. However those that wanted Micko were not going to go with Maughan so enter Tommy stage left. There is still a chance that a charge led by the secretary will lead a counter- Tommy campaign tonight if he thinks he has the numbers. All very straightforward politics really. Conspiracy too, same as the last time.

rosnarun

tis only really a conspiracy if the people behind it have some clout
fair enough if the chairman wanted micko , thats his right but if he was told no and micko went away then fair enough thats how the system should work .
its a conspiracy if people start disappearing from committees until the chairman gets his way
somebody else wanted maughan but didnt get their way now some want tommy and some want james
one will win
that representative democracy at work and we members have to accept the decision of those who represnt us or join IorlarCC in his mighty boycott

moysider

Of course we have to accept the decision. And all we were doing anyway was amusing ourselves by trying to follow the twists and turns that took place. Which I believe we did very well. Its also a conspiracy if 2 or more people plot together to influence an outcome. I believe this has happened. Of course it can also be called politics in action or whatever.

I doubt Iolar or anybody else will be organising a boycott. But he can if he wants to of course. If people like the cut of the new regime more might start going back to games. If they don't more will decide to stay at home. A counties supporters are like a flock of starlings that all change direction at the same time. If the people don t like what s put in front of them they ll stay away without ant boycott being organised. They ve been staying away for years now and nothing was organised. Any calls to get behind the new management will be a waste of time as well.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2010, 05:26:31 PM

It wouldn't be the first, although Hardy wasn't invited.

I didn't know about it either. :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.