Any protestants play GAA in the north?

Started by Chris agus Snoop, May 26, 2010, 10:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: cornafean on May 27, 2010, 01:05:27 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on May 27, 2010, 12:34:48 AM
Quote from: topo d rite on May 26, 2010, 11:54:21 PM
Ogungbe from Nobber!!! Jeez isn't Nobber a fierce strange name!!!! ;)

Looking forward to the gene pool of the GAA being enriched with all races and creeds, can only be a good thing!! Think about it, a russian gymnast in goal, a couple of maoris in the spine of the the team, 2 tall poles in midfield, an Ethiopian in the Dooher role, and a Kerry forward line!!!! Oops, we'll just have to find a way to get the Kery folk to scatter the seed around a bit more!!
what a racist post MODS MODS

I can't find anything remotely racist about it. Its a fact of life that certain nationalities are well known for their abilities in various areas of sport.
+1. Cornafean, are you from Cornafean?

topo d rite

No intention of being racist, I meant it when I said that it will be great to have the GAA gene pool enriched!! My aoplogies if I offended anyone from Nobber!!!!
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 27, 2010, 10:04:32 PM

Looking forward to the gene pool of the GAA being enriched with all races and creeds, can only be a good thing!! Think about it, a russian gymnast in goal, a couple of maoris in the spine of the the team, 2 tall poles in midfield, an Ethiopian in the Dooher role, and a Kerry forward line!!!! Oops, we'll just have to find a way to get the Kery folk to scatter the seed around a bit more!!

I can't find anything remotely racist about it. Its a fact of life that certain nationalities are well known for their abilities in various areas of sport.

Absolutely no racist intent, but aoplogies to anyone from Nobber who might be offended  ???

Fear ón Srath Bán

topo d rite, take no notice, rosnarun isn't exactly without form where totally misconstruing reality's concerned  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

topo d rite

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 27, 2010, 11:56:30 PM
topo d rite, take no notice, rosnarun isn't exactly without form where totally misconstruing reality's concerned  ;)
Ta for that FOSB, I'm new to this site and didn't want to get off to a bad start by offending people. I was taken aback when ros was screaming for 'MODS MODS' when he read the post. I'm glad that most readers of the post were able to detect the use of irony. Here's some more...., I also apologise to anyone from Ethiopia who might have been offended by being compared with Brian Dooher!  ;)

magpie seanie

I assumed rosnarun was joking when he said it was a racist post. Surely?

cornafean

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 27, 2010, 10:04:32 PM

From there originally, yes. Up the Reds!
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 28, 2010, 12:20:39 PM
I assumed rosnarun was joking when he said it was a racist post. Surely?
Let it never be said, seanie, that we don't agree at times. ;D
Ros was only testing to see if anyone here was still awake.
Really, anyone who took his post seriously should wind down a bit.
He can be as unpredictable as a baby's bum but I can never recall a time when he was gratuitously insulting or dismissive of anybody or anything. 
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

CompulsoryTillager

Edward Carson (UUP leader) played hurling when he was at Trinity

NaomhBridAbú

Any protestants play GAA in the north?...we get Top of the Pops up here as well now, but unfortunately Slade are still No 1
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

slow corner back

We had a team manager a few years back who was a protestant, he was on our committee for years. We had a few over the years train over the summer and hurl with our junior teams. Mainly connected to the local rugby team which we would have close ties with.

ardal

As a non church goer, I'm proud to say trhat I've no idea what pagan god most of the lads worship; if at all. We play gaa not god

Down South

Quote from: ardal on May 30, 2010, 02:24:09 PM
As a non church goer, I'm proud to say trhat I've no idea what pagan god most of the lads worship; if at all. We play gaa not god

I had the misfortune of going to mass this morning. I`d much rather be in Ballybofey, but thems the breaks. They prayed for the victims of clerical abuse, while allowing the perpetrators of that abuse to remain within the church.