Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I would have thought most neutrals would edge towards Armagh in this game.
McDonnell, these past 2 games, looks to be in tip top shape and would be the most likely factor to come up with the bit of extra class to tip the scales.
The ball is in Armagh's court, it's the sign of a good set up that they could regroup and gain promotion back to Div 1 easily enough, whereas Monaghan have shown some qualities in Div 1 but nothing yet to to be overly optimistic that they are going to batter the door down into Ulster this year. But we are continuing to do what we do, only better.
I think we are well capable of taking this game and I certainly hope the pieces fall into place.

Armaghgeddon

Last year was a tight enough game and although McDonnell wasn't very attack orientated we were still in the game. Its amazing how a year has made all the difference, Monaghan will have Grimley in their corner which is an advtanage to them, however like Grimley has said he as not coached the majoirty of this Armagh team but even still he will know a bit about them.

Stevie is back in form twice the player he was last year. Would expect a tight game and I would put a bet on this game going to Extra Time.

armaghniac

Armagh's last couple of games against Down and Derry are encouraging enough, but with obvious issues needing to be improved. Monaghan will defend tenaciously, so Armagh need to break Tyrone style if the chance arises and absolutely avoid Donegal style faffing about. They also need to be disciplined and keep the head, avoid getting cards and avoid getting frees moved up etc. With a fit Ronan Clarke, I'd be confident, without it is balanced enough, but the extra games may be Armagh refine their game enough to win by a point or two. I don't see any advantage in ending u in the first round of the Qualifiers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mountainboii

Quote from: PatDaly on June 05, 2010, 03:43:41 AM
Quote from: AFS on June 04, 2010, 11:36:15 PM
Quote from: mackers on June 04, 2010, 10:20:55 PM
Henderson is starting.......heard from a top source tonight.

Quote from: huggy2002 on orchard county forumjamie clarke starting on sunday lads just heard from a v reliable source.

Lots of sources floating about tonight  :D

I'll never understand why people post what is supposed to be closed door information regarding the Armagh team selection on this or any other website. How can people like this describe themselves as Armagh supporters? Even if you do have accurate team selection information why can't you shut your mouth or in this case refrain from the keyboard and keep this information private?

:D :D :D

Wise up.

Orior

I head from a very reliable source that very reliable sources are not very reliable.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aaron Boone

Just thinking, do Donegal/Cavan/Monaghan ever win at Casement in the USFC?

Schkite

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 05, 2010, 08:51:32 PM
Just thinking, do Donegal/Cavan/Monaghan ever win at Casement in the USFC?

Monaghan won there on our last visit in 2007 against Derry.

Main Street

100% championship record for Monaghan at Casement in the reign of Banty.

stew

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 08:20:10 AM
Because the v reliable source is usually some gobshite who got a text from some gobshite pissed in a pub!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Aint that the truth.

i got a call from a mate that drinks in devvies last sat nite at 4:45 in the mornin, he swore up and down that Clarke was not only starting but was actually 100% fit and raring to go.

I trust the non drinkers in the armagh camp, and they are few and far between, Clarke will be ready to go at the AIQF stage potentially and not before.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Top (he is now) RTÉ football analyst Kevin McStay, after tipping Sligo to upset his own beloved Mayo in the CSFC, could be on a bit of a genius punditry roll this weekend.

On Monaghan v Armagh:
"This is the game of the weekend. I've tipped Monaghan to win Ulster. Armagh had a good win against Derry, but not an impressive win. They're relying far too much on Stevie McDonnell and Aaron Kernan."

"I'm looking forward to the Paul Grimley factor in this game. He's a former Armagh guy, and I'm really looking forward what subtle changes Monaghan are going to have that might get them to an Ulster final and win the title that I think they deserve."

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate the sentiments and the good will. One game at a time for us though, take your eye of the ball in Ulster and you'll get poleaxed.

mackers

Quote from: PatDaly on June 05, 2010, 03:43:41 AM
Quote from: AFS on June 04, 2010, 11:36:15 PM
Quote from: mackers on June 04, 2010, 10:20:55 PM
Henderson is starting.......heard from a top source tonight.

Quote from: huggy2002 on orchard county forumjamie clarke starting on sunday lads just heard from a v reliable source.

Lots of sources floating about tonight  :D

I'll never understand why people post what is supposed to be closed door information regarding the Armagh team selection on this or any other website. How can people like this describe themselves as Armagh supporters? Even if you do have accurate team selection information why can't you shut your mouth or in this case refrain from the keyboard and keep this information private?
Imagine speculating on the way the Armagh team will line up on the Gaaboard..........we should all be locked up. It's all part of the build up to a championship match. Think you need to lighten up a bit.

We'll see which source is the accurate one come 1.50 or so.  :P
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Armaghgeddon

Really hope J Clarke isnt playing from the start. I would much prefer to see them play as the game goes on. If Ronan Clarke is available for at least some part then first of all there wont be enough men to shackle Stevie because then there are three known threats up front. If they smother the one forward the other two have enough class to score. I fear Armagh are going to go all out from the start.

Also, is it a warm day in Belfast?

Hedley Lamarr

Fancy Monaghan to win today by 2, hope I'm wrong like I was against Derry.

any radio links for the game?
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Beo

Tyrone women 0-05  Monaghan women 0-07

6 minutes gone - 2nd Half

Raining - fake tan getting all over the pitch.
Is Canamhaint mé.

Beo

Monaghan women 0-14  Tyrone women 1-10

Full Time
Is Canamhaint mé.