Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

Quote from: bingobus on June 03, 2010, 03:36:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 03, 2010, 03:14:48 PM
Remember I was paraphrasing.
But as you have already demonstrated an inability to interpret direct Banty quotes as written, I suspect that you have some overly emotional reactive agenda in your reply, which anyway doesn't require accurate interpretation of quotes.

I assume you are totally against Banty being manager for this year, that you are pessimistic about any progress and already resigned to another first round defeat.
Just say it out front and we can deal with that, instead of this sniping away like some bitter pundit who has a master plan that everybody ignores.

You'd need to take a step back. I actually was very much in favour of Banty staying this year and defended that on here at the time. He deserves a chance to win Ulster and retain his Div 1 status.

Your first few comments on your last post is  ??? Where you quoting Banty or not? If you where paraphrasing him, you outlined that Paul Grimely was appointed not to change Monaghan but a bit of fine tuning. Fine tuning and challenging players/manager won't win Monaghan an Ulster, Banty hasn't had a good run in Ulster bar 1 year? Is that not simple to see? Fine tuning won't change that. The rumoured 50k that Paul Grimley is alot to pay for fine tuning and challenges.

Agree fully

Maguire01

I'd be a bit sceptical as to how a county the size of Monaghan could pay one of its management team such an amount in the current climate. It's not like it's even a full time job.

bennydorano

BBC
Armagh: P Hearty, A Mallon, B Donaghy, V Martin, P Duffy, C McKeever, F Moriarty, C Vernon, K Toner, M Mackin, A Kernan, G Swift, B Mallon, S McDonnell, R Henderson

Vincey Martin for Lavery.  Not the worst move I ever seen if Woods is about, could be a red herring I suppose.

omagh_gael

Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2010, 10:27:30 PM
BBC
Armagh: P Hearty, A Mallon, B Donaghy, V Martin, P Duffy, C McKeever, F Moriarty, C Vernon, K Toner, M Mackin, A Kernan, G Swift, B Mallon, S McDonnell, R Henderson

Vincey Martin for Lavery.  Not the worst move I ever seen if Woods is about, could be a red herring I suppose.

Careful he doesn't eat it!  :D

úllord

Interviews with Paddy O'Rourke, Ronan Clarke and Steven McDonnell ahead of the Armagh Monaghan game

http://www.armagh-gaa.com/Orchard-TV/News/VIDEO---Interviews-before-Monaghan-game.aspx

mountainboii

BBC

No real surprises there other than Martin. Would've expected, and maybe preferred, Dyas or Shannon to come in but fair play to Vincey on getting the nod, he must be going well in training. Lets hope he can up his game from his last encounter with Woods. It'll also be vital that he doesn't let that infamous short fuse get him into any bother. Another big day for Henderson, has to reproduce his relatively good form from the Derry game.

illdecide

I see Ronan Clarke is not named in the subs yet he declared himself on wednesday :-\
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

Quote from: AFS on June 04, 2010, 08:54:44 AM
BBC

No real surprises there other than Martin. Would've expected, and maybe preferred, Dyas or Shannon to come in but fair play to Vincey on getting the nod, he must be going well in training. Lets hope he can up his game from his last encounter with Woods. It'll also be vital that he doesn't let that infamous short fuse get him into any bother. Another big day for Henderson, has to reproduce his relatively good form from the Derry game.
That's the bit that worries me the most, he didn't last five minutes on the field in Portlaoise before gubbing somebody and the fuse will be tested on Sunday. Hopefully he goes well, his physicality probably got him the nod.
When do Monaghan name their team?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Maguire01

Monaghan name their team tonight, although I wouldn't take any announcement as gospel.

Meanwhile RTE seem to be a bit confused in their preview. Here's the final paragraph:

You would expect Armagh to make the better start given the one game they have under their belts, but an Ulster title is the very least Monaghan will be aiming for this year and they should be one step closer to that goal come Sunday evening.

Verdict: Armagh

maddog

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 04, 2010, 11:10:52 AM
Monaghan name their team tonight, although I wouldn't take any announcement as gospel.

Meanwhile RTE seem to be a bit confused in their preview. Here's the final paragraph:

You would expect Armagh to make the better start given the one game they have under their belts, but an Ulster title is the very least Monaghan will be aiming for this year and they should be one step closer to that goal come Sunday evening.

Verdict: Armagh

Decisive then.

Main Street

But as you have already demonstrated an inability to interpret direct Banty quotes as written, I suspect that you have some overly emotional reactive agenda in your reply, which anyway doesn't require accurate interpretation of quotes.

I assume you are totally against Banty being manager for this year, that you are pessimistic about any progress and already resigned to another first round defeat.
Just say it out front and we can deal with that, instead of this sniping away like some bitter pundit who has a master plan that everybody ignores.

You'd need to take a step back. I actually was very much in favour of Banty staying this year and defended that on here at the time. He deserves a chance to win Ulster and retain his Div 1 status.

Your first few comments on your last post is  ??? Where you quoting Banty or not? If you where paraphrasing him, you outlined that Paul Grimely was appointed not to change Monaghan but a bit of fine tuning. Fine tuning and challenging players/manager won't win Monaghan an Ulster, Banty hasn't had a good run in Ulster bar 1 year? Is that not simple to see? Fine tuning won't change that. The rumoured 50k that Paul Grimley is alot to pay for fine tuning and challenges.
As i wrote Bingo, you have a difficulty even to understand a direct printed quote, not to mention what paraphrasing means and a complete blank-out on picking up on any sarcasm. So, leaping to reactive conclusions about Grimley's role/Monaghan's chances, based on all that, is very dodgy and immature. And I never wrote  that Grimley was appointed not to change Monaghan.

As soon as Banty was given another year, it was a given that there would be no massive changes in the way Monaghan play.
Monaghan have already played enough games in the league for us all to see there are no massive changes. Where do you get all this  sudden need for "massive change" from?  If you supported the manager to have the job for another year, was it a conditional support - only if he brings in massive changes?  If you supported the manager for this year, then you let him get on with the job until the game is played, without resorting to mindless negative predictive reading between the lines of what Banty is quoted as saying or what another poster says he heard Banty says.

mackers

Quote from: Main Street on June 04, 2010, 11:59:35 AM

As i wrote Bingo, you have a difficulty even to understand a direct printed quote, not to mention what paraphrasing means and a complete blank-out on picking up on any sarcasm. So, leaping to reactive conclusions about Grimley's role/Monaghan's chances, based on all that, is very dodgy and immature. And I never wrote  that Grimley was appointed not to change Monaghan.

As soon as Banty was given another year, it was a given that there would be no massive changes in the way Monaghan play.
Monaghan have already played enough games in the league for us all to see there are no massive changes. Where do you get all this  sudden need for "massive change" from?  If you supported the manager to have the job for another year, was it a conditional support - only if he brings in massive changes?  If you supported the manager for this year, then you let him get on with the job until the game is played, without resorting to mindless negative predictive reading between the lines of what Banty is quoted as saying or what another poster says he heard Banty says.

You're wasting your time........Bingobus has deleted his account after a fall out with stew. See the Liverpool thread.

illdecide

Apparently someone posted on another forum that Henderson is not starting for Armagh...if that is the case who will take his place, i watched Stefan forker play against the Clans on Monday night and from that performance it better not be him.

Jamie Clarke or even a shock Ronan Clarke...what do yous reckon?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

Wouldn't like to see either Clarke to starting to be honest. Hopefully it's just one of those pre-match rumours that floats about before a game, I heard that Brendan Donaghy was injured before the Derry match........
If Forker was playing against the Clanns on Monday evening he's not in a shake up for starting place.

mountainboii

Quote from: mackers on June 04, 2010, 03:55:01 PM
Wouldn't like to see either Clarke to starting to be honest. Hopefully it's just one of those pre-match rumours that floats about before a game, I heard that Brendan Donaghy was injured before the Derry match........
If Forker was playing against the Clanns on Monday evening he's not in a shake up for starting place.

He was carrying a knock into that game according to several people that are usually well informed, so there was some truth in that one.

From the sounds of things, Ronan Clarke won't play any part. If Henderson has been dropped, my money would be on Jamie Clarke coming in.