Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 26, 2010, 09:44:51 PM
Quote from: The Forfeit Point on June 26, 2010, 09:42:38 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on April 24, 2010, 03:14:16 PM
Quote from: The Worker on April 24, 2010, 03:05:35 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on April 24, 2010, 02:46:20 PM
a bigot by all accounts

who and why?
Colin Murray is "allegedly" a staunch loyalist

funny you say that i remember him saying during some of the world cup coverage something to the effect of him loving to see the french knocked out, him being an irishman and
all???

Yeah I thought i heard him say that too.

In fairness what he says on tv won't be the same as what his personal beliefs are, he was hardly gonna start singing the Billy Boys on tv.

but there was absolutely no need for him to comment on the game, yet he did. strange

redhandluke

Have to say at the start his accent give me the shivvers (in a bad way), but if you can get past his accent, he's actually quite a funny guy.  Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time-being.

EagleLord

I thought he was going to be annoyig after seeing him do all the channel 5 games when Liverpool were i nthe Europa League. But I have had a change of heart. I think the mans hilarious. The wee bit he did the other night, spun round in the chair, 'Lee Dixon owes me a fiver' lol! I think hes fun, querky, and a good laugh. Hes a million miles better than ITV's Matt 'I take a day to say a sentance' Smith. Adrian Chiles is great too though, he's querky and fun in the same way as Murray, so I don't want to compare them.

fitzroyalty

I'm sure if he kicked with the same foot as most of us this thread wouldn't exist.

As soccer pundits go, he's not bad at all.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: EagleLord on June 27, 2010, 12:07:41 PM
I thought he was going to be annoyig after seeing him do all the channel 5 games when Liverpool were i nthe Europa League. But I have had a change of heart. I think the mans hilarious. The wee bit he did the other night, spun round in the chair, 'Lee Dixon owes me a fiver' lol! I think hes fun, querky, and a good laugh. Hes a million miles better than ITV's Matt 'I take a day to say a sentance' Smith. Adrian Chiles is great too though, he's querky and fun in the same way as Murray, so I don't want to compare them.
He's a dose!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

nrico2006

It says it all when there are people on here saying Adrian Chiles is great, sweet jesus. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

paco

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 28, 2010, 09:10:35 AM
It says it all when there are people on here saying Adrian Chiles is great, sweet jesus.

I used to like him. As someone said he's more suited to the "pub-style" atmosphere of MOTD2 than a proper live game of football, where he can be quite cringewrorthy.

snoopdog

Best of Luck to Colin. he has done well and his radio programme on a saturday is brilliant. so good luck on MOTD2.
This thread is a disgrace.
bunch of biggoted p.ricks. Is the lad not allowed to have a different tradition.
Catch yourselves on.

Santino

Quote from: snoopdog on June 28, 2010, 04:51:38 PM
Best of Luck to Colin. he has done well and his radio programme on a saturday is brilliant. so good luck on MOTD2.
bunch of biggoted p.ricks. Is the lad not allowed to have a different tradition.
Catch yourselves on.

Spot on!
He was a big loss to afternoons on Radio 1 too and i now have to endure Cool FM.

sammymaguire

Catch yourselves on.

you tithead... he doesn't know you but he hates you  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

nifan

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 28, 2010, 05:55:17 PM
Catch yourselves on.

Anything to back that up?
Its a fairly harsh comment on someone who ive never seen as coming out with anything sectarian in his career, and when ive met him through a mutual friend on occasion has been far from a "staunch"

Myles Na G.

Quote from: nifan on June 29, 2010, 01:24:55 AM
Catch yourselves on.

Its a fairly harsh comment on someone who ive never seen as coming out with anything sectarian in his career, and when ive met him through a mutual friend on occasion has been far from a "staunch"
Yeah, but he doesn't play GAA or support the Ra, so he must be an Orange cnut.

Franko

Quote from: Myles Na G. on June 29, 2010, 06:42:35 AM
Quote from: nifan on June 29, 2010, 01:24:55 AM
Catch yourselves on.

Yeah, but he doesn't play GAA or support the Ra, so he must be an Orange cnut.

Get the violins out. Cryin' cnut.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

nifan

Why post several times about the fact that hes staunch etc then feign indifference when questioned about it?