Colin "F*****G" Murray!!!

Started by T O Hare, April 22, 2010, 03:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 22, 2010, 06:51:12 PM
BBC's coverage is sh*te. That smarmy little git Lineker puns his way through the analysis ably assisted by the court jester Lawrenson (he has to be a bender). It was ok for Richard Whiteley on countdown but not for World Cup coverage. Hansen looks so bored anymore I don't even know why he bothers. Garth Crooks, where do you start with him? His sentences are so long by the time he's finished making his point no one can remember what it was.
Their foreign pundits can barely speak English. This year its Adebayor. I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles to understand what he's saying.
At least they've got rid of Tony Adams. Jesus, what planet was he on??

RTE all the way for me. Best thing about them, they call it as it as and there's no pandering to
any of the English stars.

Do you not think that they have got boring now and just put the boot in now for the sake of it and to be heard. Plus the three of them ride each and never disagree and then its snowballs into who can slate someone the most. I know a few mates who would have loved them, now can't have them.

Best pundit is Souness by a mile imho. He's straight down the middle but constructive and weighs everything up. By a country mile a shite manager though!

mountainboii

Quote from: bingobus on April 23, 2010, 12:14:13 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 22, 2010, 06:51:12 PM
BBC's coverage is sh*te. That smarmy little git Lineker puns his way through the analysis ably assisted by the court jester Lawrenson (he has to be a bender). It was ok for Richard Whiteley on countdown but not for World Cup coverage. Hansen looks so bored anymore I don't even know why he bothers. Garth Crooks, where do you start with him? His sentences are so long by the time he's finished making his point no one can remember what it was.
Their foreign pundits can barely speak English. This year its Adebayor. I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles to understand what he's saying.
At least they've got rid of Tony Adams. Jesus, what planet was he on??

RTE all the way for me. Best thing about them, they call it as it as and there's no pandering to
any of the English stars.

Do you not think that they have got boring now and just put the boot in now for the sake of it and to be heard. Plus the three of them ride each and never disagree and then its snowballs into who can slate someone the most. I know a few mates who would have loved them, now can't have them.

Best pundit is Souness by a mile imho. He's straight down the middle but constructive and weighs everything up. By a country mile a shite manager though!

The BBC and Sky lads aren't critical enough, and the RTE ones are too critical. Their analyses are both shite, just at opposite ends of the spectrum.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

The Worker

Main Street

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 22, 2010, 09:48:12 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 22, 2010, 04:02:44 PM
Yea, but why exactly does he annoy you?

He annoys me because he knows feck all about the largest participation sport in Ireland - Gaelic football

Wheter one likes it or not, the largest participation sport in Ireland is Association football.

Yes, one could  come to that conclusion about soccer when participation is defined by including 5-a-side and general kickabouts.
That is a lazy definition which undermines lazy research. A research which compared the numbers involved in GAA Club structured participation versus formal and informal participation in soccer.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

The Worker

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 24, 2010, 03:14:16 PM
Quote from: The Worker on April 24, 2010, 03:05:35 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on April 24, 2010, 02:46:20 PM
a bigot by all accounts

who and why?

Colin Murray is "allegedly" a staunch loyalist

leaving his alleged loyalist views to one side, i have no time for him whatsoever. How many sports does he have to ruin before he is out of the public view?

sammymaguire

Quote from: The Worker on April 24, 2010, 03:17:25 PM
a bigot by all accounts

who and why?

leaving his alleged loyalist views to one side, i have no time for him whatsoever. How many sports does he have to ruin before he is out of the public view?

he must be on to his fifteenth now, everything from soccer to American football to poker
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

GalwayBayBoy

KT

I watched Murray on Channel 5 one night after Liverpool had played in the Europa League.  Torres must have been injured and Ngog was on and playing reasonably well.  Murray commented that he'd rather watch Dav-EEd N-gough than David Ngoggg! I thought that was quite amusing but obviously much better in audio than written on a discussion board.  He's an absolute twat in those LIDL ads though!!

For me Emmanuel Adebayor is the worst thing about BBC world cup coverage.  Really hard to listen to.  The best thing about it is yer man on Mock the Week taking the piss out of him and the rest of them trying to pretend to understand his shit accent so they don't look racist!!

Mick Mc Carthy runs Adebayor close though, I'd rather listen to Graeme Mc Dowell for ninety minutes!!

pintsofguinness

For me Emmanuel Adebayor is the worst thing about BBC world cup coverage.  Really hard to listen to.  The best thing about it is yer man on Mock the Week taking the piss out of him and the rest of them trying to pretend to understand his shit accent so they don't look racist!!
It's not his accent it's the speed he talks at. It's a pity because the bits I do catch he does seem to be talking sense.

ITV coverage is desperate.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Forfeit Point

a bigot by all accounts

who and why?

funny you say that i remember him saying during some of the world cup coverage something to the effect of him loving to see the french knocked out, him being an irishman and all???

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on June 26, 2010, 09:42:38 PM
a bigot by all accounts

who and why?

funny you say that i remember him saying during some of the world cup coverage something to the effect of him loving to see the french knocked out, him being an irishman and all???

Yeah I thought i heard him say that too.

Minder

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on June 26, 2010, 09:44:51 PM
a bigot by all accounts

who and why?

funny you say that i remember him saying during some of the world cup coverage something to the effect of him loving to see the french knocked out, him being an irishman and
all???

Yeah I thought i heard him say that too.

In fairness what he says on tv won't be the same as what his personal beliefs are, he was hardly gonna start singing the Billy Boys on tv.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

a bigot by all accounts

who and why?

How the fcuk would anyone on here know that he's a 'staunch' loyalist??!! Ridiculous statement!!

I didn't mind him on Radio 1 when he first started but hooring himself around baseball, nfl, poker, soccer and lidl has turned me off him this last while I must say.

Even if he is a'staunch' loyalist I fail to see what that has to do with the price of cabbage!