Who was stuck on the Glenshane overnight?

Started by Cybershot, March 31, 2010, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cybershot

Anyone stuck in the snow on the Glenshane pass in County Derry last night?  I hear it was desperate altogether...stories of people stranded 'till the early hours of the morning, including a school bus, all over the news (UTV and even the English news-Radio 1 and ITN).

Also, anyone still without electric? Ours went out yesterday evening at 7 o'clock...only got it back on at 5 o'clock this evening! :o

By all accounts we aren't the worst off tho
Ballerin: All Ireland Finalists 1976, Ulster Champions 1976, Derry Senior Champions 1957 & 1976

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Cybershot

Ballerin: All Ireland Finalists 1976, Ulster Champions 1976, Derry Senior Champions 1957 & 1976

Norf Tyrone

Power off from midnight last night.

Still off!    >:(
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mc_grens

My Mum and Uncle.

Rescued from their car at about 1.30 am stayed in an house further back down the Glenshane for the night. Got stuck at about 6.30/ 7 last night and got home to Claudy at 2 this afternoon!

tyrone girl

Our fecking electric still off as well from tuesday  >:( >:(. House bloody freezing last night had to jump into bed with about 5 layers on me and a fluffy dressinggown and still froze!! Plus my bloody hair needs washed badly - and i stink i would say - i need showered  >:( >:(

Orior

Its pretty bad on the east of the province too. This morning the road between Portaferry and Strangford was completely flooded. The Road Service reckon it should be okay by noon.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

boojangles

Master Yoda

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

lynchbhoy

Craigbane (or south west Craigbane at least) is apparantly without electric since yesterday
Forecast not good for next few days

tyrone girl

I dread to think when our electric will come back on :'(

longrunsthefox

Quote from: tyrone girl on April 01, 2010, 10:35:23 AM
I dread to think when our electric will come back on :'(

Jees! you're back!! Where the hell were you? I started a thread and all to find you... me and Ziggy were heart broken arguing with all these other half wits!!