Who was stuck on the Glenshane overnight?

Started by Cybershot, March 31, 2010, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

Anyone know what the glenshane is like now - mant to be driving from Belfast to Derry tonight?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

mc_grens

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 01, 2010, 10:30:15 AM
Craigbane (or south west Craigbane at least) is apparantly without electric since yesterday
Forecast not good for next few days

loads of places up round there still without power lad. I'm heading up this afternoon to sort it out though.

tyrone girl

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 01, 2010, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on April 01, 2010, 10:35:23 AM
I dread to think when our electric will come back on :'(

Jees! you're back!! Where the hell were you? I started a thread and all to find you... me and Ziggy were heart broken arguing with all these other half wits!!

I saw u at the bank machine the other morning. I was gonna wait til u walked past me to ask u wtf is strange about me  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(. Then i was too cold so went on to my car

illdecide

TG i can smell you from here FFS. Can you not go to a friend's house or a relative and use their shower ??? or are you just gonna sit it out :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

themightyoak

Craigbane (or south west Craigbane at least) is apparantly without electric since yesterday

Never knew they had electricity up there to start with!!!! ;)
listen.... i'm not a hard man, but... i'll give a hard man a hard time !!!

tyrone girl

Quote from: illdecide on April 01, 2010, 11:47:58 AM
TG i can smell you from here FFS. Can you not go to a friend's house or a relative and use their shower ??? or are you just gonna sit it out :P

Yeh im gonna do that tonite - will have to go stay with himself and get showered and washed there. Was gonna last night but had no hairdryer to dry my hair so il stick it out til tonite - god help the people in the office with me

Hereiam

TG thats just nasty. Nothing worse than an out of date tin of tuna  :-*

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Newbridge Exile

Got stuck in the car on the Glenshane Pass last night at about 7 15 pm Mountain rescue got us out about 3.30 am, made it home after 4 to find electric out on the house and the place like a fridge, an eventful night all in all.
go back out at 1pm yesterday and managed after a lot of shovelling to get the car free at 3pm ( Thanks to Mickey and Mark Lynch for the lend of the spade)

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Lazer on April 01, 2010, 10:57:11 AM
Anyone know what the glenshane is like now - mant to be driving from Belfast to Derry tonight?
Its grand ,came down it this morning, snow all cleared of the road

ziggysego

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 01, 2010, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: Lazer on April 01, 2010, 10:57:11 AM
Its grand ,came down it this morning, snow all cleared of the road

I hear there's still a few slippery parts on the road, so drive with care.
Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

Quote from: themightyoak on April 01, 2010, 11:49:52 AM

Never knew they had electricity up there to start with!!!! ;)
a lot of surprising things up around them parts ! They have their own nuclear power substation and Hadron collider too ! (though its known as the 'hallion collider')

as for Newbridge exile
you boys dont know yer erse from your elbow or your shovel from yer spade !!
;)

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on April 01, 2010, 09:22:11 AM
Its pretty bad on the east of the province too. This morning the road between Portaferry and Strangford was completely flooded. The Road Service reckon it should be okay by noon.

A golden oldie lost on most on this db, probably better suited to the april 1st thread.

ha ha derry

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 01, 2010, 12:54:53 PM
Got stuck in the car on the Glenshane Pass last night at about 7 15 pm Mountain rescue got us out about 3.30 am, made it home after 4 to find electric out on the house and the place like a fridge, an eventful night all in all.
go back out at 1pm yesterday and managed after a lot of shovelling to get the car free at 3pm ( Thanks to Mickey and Mark Lynch for the lend of the spade)

Just made it over in front of you NE and the missus was just behind me. Ban BMW,s and there would have been no bother.  ;D

Mac hinery

Quote from: ha ha derry on April 01, 2010, 07:35:05 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 01, 2010, 12:54:53 PM

Just made it over in front of you NE and the missus was just behind me. Ban BMW,s and there would have been no bother.  ;D

Jaysus HaHa did you make her get out and push ???