Tìr Eoghain v Ciarraì - 27/03/10 - Healy Park, Omagh

Started by omagh_gael, March 22, 2010, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

I'd like to see change's in the half back line this week. All 3 players have been off form and we are really struggling when team's run at us. Think a bit more pace is needed here. Is McGuigan injured again? Wasn't togged out on Sunday and appeared to be limping but could be wrong.

up tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on March 23, 2010, 10:49:03 PM
Again, very dependent on injury news. What about Jordan?

I'd go with:

McConnell

McCarron
Joe McMahon
Carlin

Harte
Gormley
Ricey

C Cavanagh
Cassidy

Mellon
McCullagh
Tommy

Penrose
Sean
Mulligan
Philly has been back training with them for the last 2 weeks i`d say he`ll be involved this weekend.Brian mc guigan has hurt his knee not sure how serious though.

Rodman

I assume the only reason anyone would pick Mellon for Sunday is because the only good games he has played for Tyrone has been against Kerry. He was pretty awful when he came on last Sunday. Davy Harte's time may be up also with sean oneill the obvious replacement. I would like to see mcconnell, mccarron, joe, gormley, oneill, ricey, Jordan,the 2 cavanaghs, tommy, mccullagh, coney, penrose, cassidy, mulligan 

loughshore lad

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 23, 2010, 10:57:01 PM
I'd like to see change's in the half back line this week. All 3 players have been off form and we are really struggling when team's run at us. Think a bit more pace is needed here. Is McGuigan injured again? Wasn't togged out on Sunday and appeared to be limping but could be wrong.

From what I can gather Brian McGuigan picked up a knee injury a while ago, the Derry game possibly and was unavailable for the last 2 games.  He has come in for a tough enough time on the Tyrone threads of late, granted he has not been performing as well as he possibly could but some of the comments were over the top - he owes Tyrone nothing and the fans should be savouring every time they see him in a Tyrone jersey.  Same goes for the other core members of the team like ricey, Gormley etc.

Tyrones own

As true as that may be LSL.... that kind of thinking doesn't bode well in championship football,
if lads aren't performing regardless of who they are or what they've accomplished
they need to step aside, simple as !
Harte simply must go with his best 15 at all times even if that means Brian or the likes sits it out :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

I'm afraid I have to agree with you Tyrones own.

If course we all know so many of these players owe Tyrone & us nothing and especially Brian McGuigan has went through a torrid time but we're on a discussion board and as all Gaels we want to move on & get back to winning ways

Its part of a managers job to be ruthless sometimes and decide that a player doesnt have it any more.
I must say I was surprised that my own clubman Dooher came back another year but maybe Harte sees him as a driving on force that will help motivate the team as much at training and from the bench as anything

Fair play to McGinley for biting the bullet & maybe some time out will get back the hunger.

It is only March lads & we do have some young lads coming through. Of course they've a lot to learn & the only way to get them experience is the odd game here and there in the league.

ONeill

Seán Cavanagh admits that 2009 was tiring

Tyrone's Sean Cavanagh has admitted that the 2009 campaign 'wore him down', a statement perhaps that give some credence to the view expressed in Harte's autobiography that 'the roof caved in' on the 2008 footballer of the year.

The comments by the Red Hand supremo centred on the player's omission from the All-Ireland semi-final team to start against Cork after complaining of flu-like symptoms on the morning of the game, have not caused a rift between the two.

In Tuam on Sunday, Cavanagh made his second seasonal appearance when he was introduced at half-time.

Afterwards, he acknowledged that 2009 had been a tiring year. Speaking to the Irish Independent, he said: 'I feel an awful lot fresher. Even mentally I feel stronger. I felt that in 2009 I was getting a wee bit tired and a wee bit stale. I'd been on the go for a long time.'

He acknowledged that 2008 was an 'exceptional year' and that a seven-month break from the Cork game up to this month has now had serious benefits.

'I felt I needed a bit of a break. I can feel my body a bit stronger now as well. I had been playing with injections in my ankle for the past few years and my ankle hasn't felt as strong since I was 16 or 17. I'm really looking forward to building on my fitness and improving on my sharpness.'

Cavanagh feels strong enough to start a match and dropped a hint to that effect after Sunday's defeat to Galway.

'With every training session and every game I can feel myself getting sharper. I don't think I'm too far away, but I suppose you'd have to ask Mickey that. I wouldn't say no to 70 minutes against Kerry in Omagh next weekend.'

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/0324/tyrone.html
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Theses are changed times - indeed many of the Kerrymen will travel to Omagh expecting to dance on the grave of one of the greatest teams ever to play Gaelic Football, to effectively relegate them, Their excitable manager Jack O Connor is today contemplating, plotting, his finest hour... a walloping of the unbeatable Tyrone - no close comeback, a win in typical Kerry style, humbling for the vanquished, mayoesque - a fly swatted, we'll show the nouveaux riche, like so many, their wealth arrived and apparently left with the celtic tiger..
What can Tyrone and Harte do about this - apparently nothing - the average age of the team is higher than last year, the average age of the panel is lower than last year.  So the youth hasnt yet made the grade...O Connor will be asking himself the following questions.   
Who is this guy Marty Penfold - dangermouse?
Is Sean Cavanagh fit or fat?
Is Packie Mc connell -the man whose fingertips denied a sam - forgotten in favour of men who can kick shorter?
Maybe Sunday will answer O 'Connors yearnings, a Kerry victory ...even a good Kerry win however might not be enough to wipe away those humblings since 2003, but Saturday night may be a movement in the right direction - after all the team of the last decade arguement is over - its a new decade.   

trileacman

Quote from: rrhf on March 24, 2010, 01:20:04 PM
Theses are changed times - indeed many of the Kerrymen Tyronemen will travel to Omagh expecting to dance on the grave of one of the greatest teams ever to play Gaelic Football, to effectively relegate them.
Fixed that for you. This game could swing either way and the only bollix's dancing on any graves in the month of March is Downmen. Tits.
As if the result of this match will be in any way relevant either, as the great messiah said,

"the first one now will later be last".

Bless you Bob Dylan.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Shadylimp

Theses are changed times - indeed many of the Kerrymen will travel to Omagh expecting to dance on the grave of one of the greatest teams ever to play Gaelic Football, to effectively relegate them, Their excitable manager Jack O Connor is today contemplating, plotting, his finest hour... a walloping of the unbeatable Tyrone - no close comeback, a win in typical Kerry style, humbling for the vanquished, mayoesque - a fly swatted, we'll show the nouveaux riche, like so many, their wealth arrived and apparently left with the celtic tiger..
What can Tyrone and Harte do about this - apparently nothing - the average age of the team is higher than last year, the average age of the panel is lower than last year.  So the youth hasnt yet made the grade...O Connor will be asking himself the following questions.   
Who is this guy Marty Penfold - dangermouse?
Is Sean Cavanagh fit or fat?
Is Packie Mc connell -the man whose fingertips denied a sam - forgotten in favour of men who can kick shorter?
Maybe Sunday will answer O 'Connors yearnings, a Kerry victory ...even a good Kerry win however might not be enough to wipe away those humblings since 2003, but Saturday night may be a movement in the right direction - after all the team of the last decade arguement is over - its a new decade.
Please tell me you copied and pasted this message and that you didn't think this all up yourself? If you did think it yourself your a moron.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

sheamy

Quote from: ONeill on March 24, 2010, 12:13:30 PM
Seán Cavanagh admits that 2009 was tiring

Tyrone's Sean Cavanagh has admitted that the 2009 campaign 'wore him down', a statement perhaps that give some credence to the view expressed in Harte's autobiography that 'the roof caved in' on the 2008 footballer of the year.

The comments by the Red Hand supremo centred on the player's omission from the All-Ireland semi-final team to start against Cork after complaining of flu-like symptoms on the morning of the game, have not caused a rift between the two.

In Tuam on Sunday, Cavanagh made his second seasonal appearance when he was introduced at half-time.

Afterwards, he acknowledged that 2009 had been a tiring year. Speaking to the Irish Independent, he said: 'I feel an awful lot fresher. Even mentally I feel stronger. I felt that in 2009 I was getting a wee bit tired and a wee bit stale. I'd been on the go for a long time.'

He acknowledged that 2008 was an 'exceptional year' and that a seven-month break from the Cork game up to this month has now had serious benefits.

'I felt I needed a bit of a break. I can feel my body a bit stronger now as well. I had been playing with injections in my ankle for the past few years and my ankle hasn't felt as strong since I was 16 or 17. I'm really looking forward to building on my fitness and improving on my sharpness.'

Cavanagh feels strong enough to start a match and dropped a hint to that effect after Sunday's defeat to Galway.

'With every training session and every game I can feel myself getting sharper. I don't think I'm too far away, but I suppose you'd have to ask Mickey that. I wouldn't say no to 70 minutes against Kerry in Omagh next weekend.'

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2010/0324/tyrone.html

poor lad, Dessie Farrell is obviously a tough boss... ;D

Mike Sheehy

effective and able to win games (by any means necessary if needed), sure....  but nowhere near one if the great teams.

I dont think they would be even rated as one of the great Ulster teams. The Armagh team of McGeeney etc certainly had more natural footballers than Tyrone but sacrificed that potential to excessive reliance on physical conditioning (and goobledegook motivaltional shite). You have to understand that simply winning AI's  doesnt make you great. Its how you play the game that is also important. For example,  Mick O'Connell has fewer medals than some players but that doesnt mean he wasnt the greatest midfielder to play the game.I doubt many will remember Tyrone,  the second best team of the noughties, in a few years time.

Anyway, I doubt anyone in Kerry cares too much about the result this weekend. As always, our primary hope is for a good game of football and that the behavior that the likes of McMenamin engaged in in previous encounters wont happen again. We also hope that we wont witness any disgraceful, English soccer style  yobbish type behavior from the Tyrone crowd like we saw the last time.

It is a great honour for you to have the current AI champions and gaurdians of Gaelic Football visting your humble patch so make sure you behave accordingly.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I thought that there was a particular grubby hole in the woodwork that had been a little too quiet of late  :D

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 24, 2010, 07:23:15 PM
Anyway, I doubt anyone in Kerry cares too much about the result this weekend...

And hoisting the white flag already  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...