Tìr Eoghain v Ciarraì - 27/03/10 - Healy Park, Omagh

Started by omagh_gael, March 22, 2010, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

We thought it was make or break versus Cork and Galway...well this time it is essential we get the win or we can say good luck to div 1 football next year.

Positives:

- Tyrone appear to play their best when their backs are against the wall

- Players coming back from injury will have had an extra weeks training

- Kerry aren't firing on all cylinders themselves

- Colm Cavanagh having another good game, himself and Cassidy providing a viable alternative to Hub and Enda

Negatives:

- Conceding big scores. A lot of which have come from silly mistakes

- Justin Mc Mahon has to be a major doubt

- Forward line not clicking with only Penrose and Mulligan near top form

- Another muppet of a referee (Pauric Hughes) blowing the whistle

T Fearon

Its payback time for 2003,2005 and 2008 I fear. Tyrone are where Armagh were in 2005/06 a fading force, and the Kingdom and Dubs will be well up for giving them a right hammering.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 12:25:09 PM
Its payback time for 2003,2005 and 2008 I fear. Tyrone are where Armagh were in 2005/06 a fading force, and the Kingdom and Dubs will be well up for giving them a right hammering.

Kerry or Dublin will only get payback when they beat Tyrone in the championship...  a league win is a very poor consolation. 

T Fearon

Tell that to Down supporters..you'd think they'd just won an All Ireland ;D

omagh_gael

Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 12:38:49 PM

They had the same reaction in Newry in June 08!  ;D

longrunsthefox

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 22, 2010, 12:45:07 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 12:38:49 PM

They had the same reaction in Newry in June 08!  ;D

That's right  :D The music was pumping from the speakers and crowd running onto the field to celebrate. Monaghan did the same in 2003 when they beat Armagh in the first round of the Ulster championhship... Armagh went onto the All Ireland final. I think they lost it though... over to you Tony  ;)   

nrico2006

Where does that leave Armagh in 2010?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 22, 2010, 01:33:31 PM

Where does that leave Armagh in 2010?

Getting beat by Down, who according to Tony can't play football.
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Was in bookies there at lunch time. Tyrone quoted as favourites for All Ireland at 5/2. Surely even Tyronies wouldn't fancy them this year?

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 02:52:01 PM
Was in bookies there at lunch time. Tyrone quoted as favourites for All Ireland at 5/2. Surely even Tyronies wouldn't fancy them this year?

You should know never to rule Tyrone out. ;)
Testing Accessibility

StGallsGAA

QuoteIts payback time for 2003,2005 and 2008 I fear. Tyrone are where Armagh were in 2005/06 a fading force, and the Kingdom and Dubs will be well up for giving them a right hammering.

Armagh were a fading force since Tyrone beat them in 2003.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 02:52:01 PM
wouldnt back them at that price, but wouldnt be ruling them out either, very few teams can realistically win the all ireland this year, but still think tyrone are one of them
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Dreamer

Has the makings of a cracking league game. Tyrone Kerry is always very competitive and when you add in the fact that both teams need points to avoid relegation it will be played at a very high tempo. I think this will be a full blooded affair with both teams going for it. Hopefully Tyrone will be a bit stronger with another few players back and expect a stronger line up from Harte - Cavanagh I'd say will definately start.

Any word if Dooher played for CNG at the weekend? - there had been talk of a return for them in a friendly. Also think Harte said somewhere that O'Neill might make the bench for this one.

Aaron Boone

Hard to predict Kerry's mindset for this one. Things for the Kingdom are looking ok on 4pts at the mo but a Tyrone win will drag them into it - the tricky thing is, with Monaghan at home in Tralee for the final round, then will the Omagh game be seen as one to forego? It's tough for away teams to win these Saturday night games overall. 

Maguire01

As a Monaghan man, i'm hoping Kerry can get the 2 points here and won't be looking for them against Monaghan. Hard one to call. If it was in Kerry, i'd say Kerry, but in Omagh with Tyrone desperately needing the points, it's a tough one.