Tìr Eoghain v Ciarraì - 27/03/10 - Healy Park, Omagh

Started by omagh_gael, March 22, 2010, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 02:52:01 PM
Was in bookies there at lunch time. Tyrone quoted as favourites for All Ireland at 5/2. Surely even Tyronies wouldn't fancy them this year?
You must have been in a different bookies to me then.  Or are you fibbing again Tony?  Tyrone are 3rd favourite, behind Cork and Kerry.
Paddy Power today had the following odds
Cork   5/2
Kerry   3/1
Tyrone   19/6
Dublin   9/1
Mayo           14/1
Galway   18/1
Kildare   25/1
Derry           25/1
Donegal   33/1
Down   40/1
Meath   40/1
Monaghan   50/1
Armagh   50/1

ziggysego

Quote from: western exile on March 23, 2010, 05:40:54 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 22, 2010, 02:52:01 PM
Was in bookies there at lunch time. Tyrone quoted as favourites for All Ireland at 5/2. Surely even Tyronies wouldn't fancy them this year?
You must have been in a different bookies to me then.  Or are you fibbing again Tony?  Tyrone are 3rd favourite, behind Cork and Kerry.
Paddy Power today had the following odds
Cork   5/2
Kerry   3/1
Tyrone   19/6
Dublin   9/1
Mayo           14/1
Galway   18/1
Kildare   25/1
Derry           25/1
Donegal   33/1
Down   40/1
Meath   40/1
Monaghan   50/1
Armagh   50/1

;D
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

I think Padraig Hughes is a great referee. And even though he's from a neighbouring county who look up to Tyrone in awe, I am sure he will give us the odd free.

Can't see anything other than a Tyrone win (spit) to be honest, too much dirty petrol in the tank for the Kingdom and no real sign of a settled team just yet, yerra its months to Sept. 

Lets hope McMenimen has his rabies shot taken this year, he was like a rabid dog making a fool of himself in the game last year  :P

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magickingdom

kerry are in all probability going to get beaten here unless all their bad mistakes just came on the one day against mayo. of far more concern to me is that mike mc is probably not coming back this year which leaves kerry with one more hole to fill. mike mcs/dara and tadhgs are hard to find these days. anyway should be a good spectacle and no doubt we'll get received like champions up there ;)

ziggysego

Ah not KM and MK, less of the 'we are going to be beak speel' Everyone knows the wheels have come off the Tyrone wagon ;) Kerry are going to walk it this weekend. It's not like we have a good home record either.
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

Shall we bring Sam Maguire along for ye to have a look at and are are ye going to come out and play this summer, or is this another one of the Tyrone Off Years ??
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magickingdom

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 23, 2010, 08:04:15 PM
Shall we bring Sam Maguire along for ye to have a look at and are are ye going to come out and play this summer, or is this another one of the Tyrone Off Years ??

dont know km, sam mightn't feel comfortable in strange surroundings.... ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Mayo should be 200/1 & 66/1 for the league title, 10/1 for Connacht sounds about right.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Kerry Mike

Lads looking for easiest way to Healy Park, might be up that way on Saturday, I assume its the N2/A5 as will be coming from Monaghan but where-to once in Omagh.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 23, 2010, 08:25:13 PM
Lads looking for easiest way to Healy Park, might be up that way on Saturday, I assume its the N2/A5 as will be coming from Monaghan but where-to once in Omagh.

Here's the Google Map and directions

Here's the Google Street View, which might help also
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

Kerry lads I'll be in Killarney for this one. Assuming its ar an mbosca is the Tatler's the best place to watch it??
The Aristocrat Years

magickingdom

this is good too, use the zoom to get the cross streets

http://www.hurlingblog.com/gaa-grounds/

longrunsthefox

Just ask anyone for the T and F and they will see you right  ;)

Tyrone Dreamer

I've no doubt both teams will want to stay up so this game will be taken seriously by both teams. Hopefully the importance of getting the points will drive Tyrone on and they can produce their best performance of the season. Any update on injuries? Is Mugsy or Hughes available? Assuming they are I would go with something like this:
McConnell
McCarron
Joe McMahon
Carlin
O'Neill
Gormley
Swift
C Cavanagh
Hughes
Mellon
S Cavanagh
Penrose
McCullagh
Cassidy
Mulligan

We've been lacking a target man in the full forward during the league, Cassidy may be worth a go. Hopefully a bit more running and ball winning ability in the half back and forward lines. Peter Harte has impressed when given a chance although this could be quite a physical game. Did someone say McCusker has left the panel?

ONeill

Again, very dependent on injury news. What about Jordan?

I'd go with:

McConnell

McCarron
Joe McMahon
Carlin

Harte
Gormley
Ricey

C Cavanagh
Cassidy

Mellon
McCullagh
Tommy

Penrose
Sean
Mulligan
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.