Dublin v Derry NFL Division 1 Parnell Park Sat 13th Feb

Started by wherefromreferee?, February 08, 2010, 01:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HULK HOGAN

IS THIS GAME IN CROKE PARK I CANT WAIT TIL ENDA IS BACK WE WILL SCORE MORE!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: HULK HOGAN on February 08, 2010, 10:55:42 PM
IS THIS GAME IN CROKE PARK I CANT WAIT TIL ENDA IS BACK WE WILL SCORE MORE!

ITS IN PARNELL PARK AS THE TITLE STATES.

robertemmet

Are there any bars in London that have Setanta which are shopwing the Derry v Dublin game at the weekend?

Rawhide

According to the fixtures in the Irish News P. Hughes is the ref for the Dublin V Derry game. Cringe, he is as bad a ref as there is going at county level. He always seems to bring attention to himself for the decesions he makes. Seen him ref the Poly v Sig game, what a joke. He is sure to have a direct impact on the result on saturday. I feel sorry for the two teams. How is he able to get these games.
cccc is a true supporter lol

achtungantrim

Quote from: Sonny Joe on February 08, 2010, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on February 08, 2010, 01:35:39 PM
Derry fresh from destroying Tyrone, Dublin after beating the Cute Hoors in Kerry for the first time in 28yrs.  Please discuss.

The under card before the major powers do battle in the championship  8)

are Tyrone on the slide. I know its hard to answer and only the c'ship will tell. But plyrs at this level have a life span and a high number of Tyrone players have been to the well many times. But they will answer those question s come the summer. Tyrone have now lost to Dryy, Donegal and of course Cork last summer. Very unTyrone like!!

i said around the kildare quarter-final last year that tyrone looked like a team in decline. they continue to  look slow and one-paced. the legs are getting older and they have too many smurfs that can be out-muscled. they need more 6ft+, fast players that are skillful and comfortable on the ball a la kerry and cork. dublin will be a force this year, mark my words. i'll predict now that there won't be an ulster team involved at the semi-final stage of the championship. antrim will do well again, and will be a better match for tyrone in the ulster first round.

as for dublin v derry, the dubs by 4. derry don't have the steel required to match the major teams this year. the main champ contenders will be: cork, kerry, dublin, mayo and kildare.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: achtungantrim on February 09, 2010, 03:31:34 PM

as for dublin v derry, the dubs by 4. derry don't have the steel required to match the major teams this year. the main champ contenders will be: cork, kerry, dublin, mayo and kildare.

Well Mayo as usual go from one extreme to the other in peoples estimations. Mayo are NEVER as bad as people (esp. outside the county make us out to be) & rarely as good as people (esp. inside the county make us out to be).

I don't think Kildare will do as well as people expect this year, I reckon Derry and Tyrone (even if ageing) to do better than them.

Yes Mayo & Dublin will be dangerous, maybe one will reach the Final but will NOT win Sam.

It's between Kerry & Cork and maybe a resurgent Tyrone.

Galway may feature once they start doing some ball and cardio training.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Fr. Cyril McDuff

i said around the kildare quarter-final last year that tyrone looked like a team in decline. they continue to  look slow and one-paced. the legs are getting older and they have too many smurfs that can be out-muscled. they need more 6ft+, fast players that are skillful and comfortable on the ball a la kerry and cork. dublin will be a force this year, mark my words. i'll predict now that there won't be an ulster team involved at the semi-final stage of the championship. antrim will do well again, and will be a better match for tyrone in the ulster first round.

[/quote]

Are all you county managers reading? Simple as that. Just gather up all those Sean Cavanagh clones that are playing junior football around your county and bob's your uncle.

robertemmet

QuoteAre there any bars in London that have Setanta which are shopwing the Derry v Dublin game at the weekend?

Any exiles in london able to help me?

achtungantrim

Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on February 10, 2010, 11:35:27 AM

Are all you county managers reading? Simple as that. Just gather up all those Sean Cavanagh clones that are playing junior football around your county and bob's your uncle.
[/quote]

well, cork and kerry did, fr. cyril  ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: achtungantrim on February 09, 2010, 03:31:34 PM
Quote from: Sonny Joe on February 08, 2010, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on February 08, 2010, 01:35:39 PM
Derry fresh from destroying Tyrone, Dublin after beating the Cute Hoors in Kerry for the first time in 28yrs.  Please discuss.

The under card before the major powers do battle in the championship  8)

are Tyrone on the slide. I know its hard to answer and only the c'ship will tell. But plyrs at this level have a life span and a high number of Tyrone players have been to the well many times. But they will answer those question s come the summer. Tyrone have now lost to Dryy, Donegal and of course Cork last summer. Very unTyrone like!!

Kerry don't have  a huge amount over 6ft. So thats bullshit already. Cork sacrificed skill for size in a couple of positions and it won them nothing. So bang goes that theory.

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: robertemmet on February 10, 2010, 01:07:20 PM
QuoteAre there any bars in London that have Setanta which are shopwing the Derry v Dublin game at the weekend?

Any exiles in london able to help me?

What part of London are you in ?

I'll give you the name of a few good irish bars in different areas of London that will be showing it:

The White Bear - Kennington
The Kingdom - Kilburn
The c**k Tavern -  Euston
Marquis of Granby - Leicester Square (bang in the city centre)

I'd say the O'neill chain of bars would be showing it as well.  But i'd sooner sell my soul than watch a game in one of these "irish" bars
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

lynchbhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on February 10, 2010, 01:56:10 PM
Kerry don't have  a huge amount over 6ft. So thats bullshit already. Cork sacrificed skill for size in a couple of positions and it won them nothing. So bang goes that theory.
Jeez Indy - I would have said that Kerry dont have that many under 6ft tall !
Only Darren osullivan is small, Declan osull prob the next smallest and hes about 5' 10"
a couple 5'11" I think the rest 6' or more

INDIANA

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 10, 2010, 02:37:19 PM
Only Darren osullivan is small, Declan osull prob the next smallest and hes about 5' 10"

Ranges from 5ft 10 to about 6ft average. I think if you look at the standard IC profile thats the general size.
The point being he's talking about putting forward some giants like Cork did last year who aren't very good footballers. And it was their undoing in my view. All the Kerry lads can play. I've seen Dublin going down that proposed route before and it was a disaster.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on February 10, 2010, 02:47:31 PM

Ranges from 5ft 10 to about 6ft average. I think if you look at the standard IC profile thats the general size.
The point being he's talking about putting forward some giants like Cork did last year who aren't very good footballers. And it was their undoing in my view. All the Kerry lads can play. I've seen Dublin going down that proposed route before and it was a disaster.
fair enough - think Darren os brings down the average considerably !!
Kerry lads are quite big and can play !! (obv)

Dublins problem wasnt the size of players - its that they were athletes more than footballers.
I still think the likes of hubbard are too small for IC - great little player but just too small.

INDIANA

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 10, 2010, 03:10:44 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 10, 2010, 02:47:31 PM

fair enough - think Darren os brings down the average considerably !!
Kerry lads are quite big and can play !! (obv)

Dublins problem wasnt the size of players - its that they were athletes more than footballers.
I still think the likes of hubbard are too small for IC - great little player but just too small.

I wouldn't prioritise size over ability bar a few positions. Seen Dublin  go down that road too much before.