17 Michael Mc Goldrick Baile Eochaidh
18 Mark Craig Dun Geimhin
19 Barry Mc Guigan Sleacht Neil
20 Kevin McCloy Leamhthaigh
21 Brian Mullan Gleann An Iolair
22 Seamus Bradley Baile Na Scríne
23 Eoghan Brown Baile Eochaidh
24 Lee Moore Carraig Bhan

No Eoin bradley- presume suspended. Don't know much about the Derry team up front bar lynn and kielt. Seem to be as experimental as ourselves up there. Very hard game to call.

heffo

Very hard one to call - I can't see McCauley being given as much freedom tomorrow night as he was last week in Killarney..

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on February 12, 2010, 01:36:56 PM
Very hard one to call - I can't see McCauley being given as much freedom tomorrow night as he was last week in Killarney..

I like derry's spine at the back. Lynch might finally deliver on his class at 6 and O Kane is a super player anyway. Fergal Doherty will give Fennell a real examination this week. But without the Bradleys and Muldoon not sure about them up front. Kielt and Lynn are very good players. Have to fair and say Bradley didn't have a huge influence last week so maybe he won't be a massive loss to them.

I'll call it any say Dublin should win at home if Derry are missing 3 of their better forwards. But my gut instinct tells me Dublin will lose.
Don't ask me why.

lynchbhoy

an experimental Dublin side against a Derry side lacking scoring power.
Could go either way. Dubs will be hard beaten if they replicate how they played against kerry (ok who were also quite experimental).
confidence andcontinuity for the Dubs will be hard to overlook.
If Derry had a couple of last weeks FF line I'd say Darry, now its hard to see where their scores will come from. Then again the FF line wasnt doing much last week - until the last 15 mins.

See yez in parnell pk. its 7.30 throw in isnt it?

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on February 12, 2010, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 12, 2010, 01:36:56 PM

Dublin should win at home if Derry are missing 3 of their better forwards. But my gut instinct tells me Dublin will lose.
Don't ask me why.

I think that sums up most Dublin supporters feelings on the game

omagh_gael

Cant find a streamed link...this is the best i can find...radio commentry

http://www.near.ie/webcam.html

Maguire01

Got good odds on Derry for this. Made a few quid on this game last year.

Declan

Hound

Strange game.

Dublin started very well to lead 4-1 I think. Then we seemed to make a decision not to support the 2 forwards. A 2 man full forward line I can understand, but a two man forward line, with nobody supporting them is puke. That style of play as well as being very frustrating to watch turned a 4-1 lead into a 7-5 deficit.

We rectified it somewhat it in the second half and copped on that to score you need to have men a bit closer to goal, and we played quite well in the last quarter.

Under the circumstance of so little support for a lot of the game I thought Kevin McManamon and Blaine Kelly did really well, and hopefully both will continue to progress and be genuine attacking options come championship. Full back line did fine and well worth a few more outings, the Cuala lad had a very good second half. Cian O'Sullivan is clearly an excellent footballer, but will need to figure when to pass and when to run.

I wouldnt have Alan Hubbard, Tiernan Diamond or Kevin Bonner anywhere near the team.

Derry were wojous. In the second half in particular, they simply put up no opposition, which also makes it very hard to judge the Dubs.

ONeill

Quote from: Hound on February 14, 2010, 09:43:50 AM
Strange game.

Dublin started very well to lead 4-1 I think. Then we seemed to make a decision not to support the 2 forwards. A 2 man full forward line I can understand, but a two man forward line, with nobody supporting them is puke. That style of play as well as being very frustrating to watch turned a 4-1 lead into a 7-5 deficit.

We rectified it somewhat it in the second half and copped on that to score you need to have men a bit closer to goal, and we played quite well in the last quarter.

Under the circumstance of so little support for a lot of the game I thought Kevin McManamon and Blaine Kelly did really well, and hopefully both will continue to progress and be genuine attacking options come championship. Full back line did fine and well worth a few more outings, the Cuala lad had a very good second half. Cian O'Sullivan is clearly an excellent footballer, but will need to figure when to pass and when to run.

I wouldnt have Alan Hubbard, Tiernan Diamond or Kevin Bonner anywhere near the team.

Derry were wojous. In the second half in particular, they simply put up no opposition, which also makes it very hard to judge the Dubs.

McHugh on the wireless was fairly giving off regarding the tactics of both sides in the first half. He reckoned it was anti-football at its worst and that punters should have their money refunded.

McConville labelled Dublin the Andy Murray of football.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: ONeill on February 14, 2010, 10:04:49 AM
Quote from: Hound on February 14, 2010, 09:43:50 AM
Strange game.

McHugh on the wireless was fairly giving off regarding the tactics of both sides in the first half. He reckoned it was anti-football at its worst and that punters should have their money refunded.

McConville labelled Dublin the Andy Murray of football.

Just played them at their own game. Last year i was embarressed leaving Parnell when Derry steam roled us in Parnell. Fergal doherty destroyed our midfield that day, last night he didnt get a sniff.

McConville who? has been.