Derry v Tyrone Sat 6th Feb in Celtic Park

Started by Fuzzman, January 30, 2010, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawel

I was at the game and close to the 'incident' Skinner was at fault but so was Justin' cut out the TV cameras it shall be on no benefit to nom one.

whiskeysteve

have the game on sky+ and watched a bit of the 2nd half. The Tyrone poster who is looking stuff cited should look closer to home as well if skinners actions are the yardstick.

However i agree with sawel. Also it wasn't a dirty affair at all. I think the vast majority of Derry fans will be happy with the result but will bear in mind what league results have counted for in the past.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Will Hunting

Quote from: tyrone86 on February 07, 2010, 12:20:58 AM
On the positive side, Justy McMahon had a fine game and never gave 'the best forward in Ulster ®' a sniff before he was bizarrely substituted. I wonder will the CCCC have a look at the footage of tonights game as it appeared that Bradley got stuck into Conor Gormley on the ground in the incident were he got booked in the 1st half. Probably not, I suspect.

Sure they can look at Gormley's knee on Declan Mullan when they're at it. Or did you miss that?

Doire abú

Decent game, impressed by Derry but at the end of the day all we learned is half a Derry team can beat half a Tyrone team. Will have no bearing on  a Championship game where Derry will have Enda Muldoon, Paddy Bradley, Niall McCusker, Kevin McGuckin, Barry & Sean Leo McGoldrick back and Tyrone will have Sean Cavanagh, Davy Harte, Philip Jordan, Pascal McConnell, Dooher, Stephen O'Neill and Mugsy back!

Tyrone also won't kick as many balls into the keepers hand in the heat of summer.

Best for Derry - the two Kielts, Crook and Gerard O'Kane.

Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2010, 12:31:53 AM
I wonder will the CCCC have a look at the footage of tonights game as it appeared that Bradley got stuck into Conor Gormley on the ground in the incident were he got booked in the 1st half. Probably not, I suspect.

True to form however, the Derry support can't contain themselves and resort to the ole nonsense with 5 minutes left. Will they ever learn?

didnt tommy mcguigan get done for 4 weeks last year against derry based on setanta's live coverage. will be interesting to see what happens there.

the derry support will always be bitter when it comes to tyrone. was a few of them beside me and kyle coney was their target for the evening.

Tyrone supporters think Derry supporters are bitter and Derry supporters think Tyrone supporters are bitter. Reality is both sides refuse to believe any of their fans are bitter. ::)

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Club Rossa

Derry were impressive and looked a lot hungrier and fitter than Tyrone.Mark Lynch was outstanding and caused all sorts of problems going forward.
As for Tyrone,i lost count of the number of times that we kicked the ball short into the keepers hands.You just can't afford to do that at this level.Very few Tyrone players won their individual battle with their opponent.We can have no complaints with the result and got what we deserved.

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

Zapatista

From reading the thread Tyrone could learn more from this than Derry.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I think I counted 8 times Tyrone put the ball into the hands of Gillis in the first half alone. It was at least 7 anyway and about 3 or more in the second. Can't get my head around that at all.

Suppose there's little point it could've/should've, but you can certainly say if SON was at no. 14 he would've easily had 6 points last night, none of the other forwards (save Penrose 1st half) could make the space and win the ball. Colm Cavanagh, no disrespect to the lad, but I can't find any merit for his inclusion on the starting 15. There may be an argument as late sub on certain games, but it's like starting John Rooney and hoping for Wayne. Tommy struggled also.  Penrose did ok considering in the first half, but he was fairly brutal second half, like the whole forward line. Brian McGuigan did little other than give back chat to McEnaney and didn't look fit. Can't understand why Petey Harte didn't get on the panel, he'd have done better at half forward than those who started IMO.

Tyrone just ran into dead ends, Derry swarmed in defence. The Tyrone defence did well enough in the first, but Derry just found it far too easy to score in the second. Gormley had a decent first half and I was waiting for a few people to eat words regarding pace, but unfortunately it was there to see in the second, he was just too far off his man and looked slow. Can't understand why Justy went  ???

Just wondering in relation to the named 24 in the programme. Ricey and Sean O'Neill were able to come on wearing 25 and 27 despite their absence from the named 24. Was the 24 changed at last minute?

Tyrone were lucky to be only beat by 6. Then again if they were able to put the boot through the ball 1st half they'd have matched Derry better in scoring. But they didn't show up 2nd half. The goal probably flattered the score. McCusker did his best to miss and Cavanagh got in the road.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

J OGorman

any highlights of this game on the web?

thanks

Mr. Nakata

Justy got a yellow card at the end of the first half and a tick near the start of the second. Mickey did the sensible thing there as next foul on skinner and he was off. I thought he was doing a good enough job, though the diagonal balls to the derry inside forward line were quality all night.

orangeman

Pat Mc Enaney wasn't going to send anybody off last night - Patsy Bradley tried his best to get sent off and couldn't.

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on February 07, 2010, 10:06:03 PM
Pat Mc Enaney wasn't going to send anybody off last night - Patsy Bradley tried his best to get sent off and couldn't.

Eh?? Watched the game and never saw anything bad  from Patsy other than one clumsy tackle.

Fair enough Eoin Bradley threw a few slaps and should maybe have had a harsher punishment but Gormley threw an elbow and also threw a knee into James Kielt in front of the linesman, how he did not walk is amazing!!

the green man

Bradley got stuck into Conor Gormley on the ground in the incident were he got booked in the 1st half. 

the Derry support can't contain themselves and resort to the ole nonsense with 5 minutes left. Will they ever learn?

Isn't it terrible when the shoe is on the other foot