Dublin CB reject Eamon Fennell's transfer request - were they right or wrong ?

Started by orangeman, January 26, 2010, 11:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Were Dublin CB right or wrong to reject the transfer request by Fennell ?

CB were 100% right.
48 (56.5%)
If someone wants to move, they should be allowed to leave. It's a player's right.
37 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

orangeman

Last night, Dublin chairman Ger Harrington used his casting vote to reject a transfer request from Eamon Fennell to join St. Vincent's.

Were they right or wrong to reject it and was their reasons correct given the other transfers that have gone through in different counties ?.

The Dublin County Committee has issued a statement regarding the denial of Eamon Fennell's transfer application.

The statement read: 'The Dublin County Committee last evening considered an application from Eamon Fennell to transfer from O'Toole's to St Vincent's GAA Club.

'A player who wishes to leave one club to join another must apply to the County Committee for a transfer.

'A County Committee has the right, acting within its Bye-Law, to grant or not to grant an application for transfer. The committee refused to grant the transfer application.'

The Dublin Transfer Byelaw states: 'As the GAA is community centred, based on the allegiance of its members to their local clubs, the object of which is to promote the Association's aims at local level, the transfer rules in the Official Guide and this Bye-Law reflect that ethos.

'A player is considered to always owe allegiance and loyalty to the club he first legally participated with in club competition.'

heffo

Correct decision imo - if it's let through all small clubs in Dublin may as well pack it in.

It's nothing personal against Eamon who is a genuine nice bloke.

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on January 26, 2010, 11:31:16 AM
Correct decision imo - if it's let through all small clubs in Dublin may as well pack it in.

It's nothing personal against Eamon who is a genuine nice bloke.
+1

BallyhaiseMan

Sorry lads,dont know the facts here,a few questions,
Did Fennell fall out with O Tooles? or did he just want to move to a higher profile club to better his chances of starting for Dublin?
Fennell is a good player,
i remember him lording it over Dermot McCabe in a league match a few years ago,something few have done.

INDIANA

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 26, 2010, 11:46:54 AM
Did Fennell fall out with O Tooles? or did he just want to move to a higher profile club to better his chances of starting for Dublin?
i remember him lording it over Dermot McCabe in a league match a few years ago,something few have done.

the latter. He was already starting for Dublin playing for o Tooles.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: INDIANA on January 26, 2010, 12:17:55 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 26, 2010, 11:46:54 AM

the latter. He was already starting for Dublin playing for o Tooles.
Thanks Indiana,
correct decision by dublin county board so.

Rav67

Correct of course.  Hopefully a few other CBs take the lead from Dublin now too.

dublinfella

Really interesting thing is Vincents not getting their way....

How times change!

lynchbhoy

co board were prob correct
though harrington is a b***x

pity poor fennell though

in retaliation he should really p**s them off and transfer to meath !!

thejuice

St. Vincents-Ardcath are still looking for a replacement for me, he can go there!!  ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

INDIANA

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 26, 2010, 02:59:07 PM
co board were prob correct
though harrington is a b***x

pity poor fennell though

in retaliation he should really p**s them off and transfer to meath !!

3 transfer requests to 3 different clubs lynchy . Crazy stuff in my view. We were effectively 3rd choice. No thanks. I'm sick and tired of the transfer scene in Dublin. it is beyond an embarrassement.

heffo

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 26, 2010, 02:59:07 PM
Though harrington is a b***x

Why so Lynchy? Thats the first time I've heard anyone give out about him??

ludermor

Correct decision IMO but what makes iot difrerent to all the other transfers ( i dont know the ends and outs of clu transfers in dublin but reading some of the Parnells stuff it seems to be widespread)? Are they just making a show of Fennel?

Declan

Quotein retaliation he should really p**s them off and transfer to meath !!

Thought of that one already and we're only 20 mins away from his job ;) 

Club only mind you.