Dublin CB reject Eamon Fennell's transfer request - were they right or wrong ?

Started by orangeman, January 26, 2010, 11:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Were Dublin CB right or wrong to reject the transfer request by Fennell ?

CB were 100% right.
48 (56.5%)
If someone wants to move, they should be allowed to leave. It's a player's right.
37 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

INDIANA

Quote from: ludermor on January 26, 2010, 03:18:13 PM
Correct decision IMO but what makes iot difrerent to all the other transfers ( i dont know the ends and outs of clu transfers in dublin but reading some of the Parnells stuff it seems to be widespread)? Are they just making a show of Fennel?

Because any underage dublin player playing with a smaller club will request the same to a big club as soon as they hit 18.  Very few high profile dublin players have ever moved from a small club to a big one recently.

The Parnells case is different- thats another level altogether.  :)

They would have a vested interest in this case though as they have a number of similar internal transfers pending.

thebandit

Declan

QuoteVery few high profile dublin players have ever moved from a small club to a big one recently.

So does not go against the argument of all the smaller clubs losing players to bigger clubs etc or are you saying that if the transfer had been allowed the floodgates would open?

ludermor

lynchbhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on January 26, 2010, 03:14:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 26, 2010, 02:59:07 PM
co board were prob correct
though harrington is a b***x

pity poor fennell though

in retaliation he should really p**s them off and transfer to meath !!

3 transfer requests to 3 different clubs lynchy . Crazy stuff in my view. We were effectively 3rd choice. No thanks. I'm sick and tired of the transfer scene in Dublin. it is beyond an embarrassement.
thats why I said it was the correct decision, however the Dub cb have let it get to this point.
they should have stepped in at the start - like the meath co board did with various transfers from junior to senior clubs in the past 20 years.
Dublin need Fenell and the lad is being fecked about. OK he shouldnt be transferring, but if Dublin are serious about making a dent on the AI, they need the likes of EF and him playing at top level not mickey mouse junior club stuff. Meath under Boylan would never have allowed this to happen. eg McDermott moved from curragha, mcdonnell from longwood - not an objection raised as the junior clubs were told to shut it !

Heff - harrington abused his position/power twice or three times at least last season.
I'll email you and fill you in.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on January 26, 2010, 03:31:15 PM
QuoteVery few high profile dublin players have ever moved from a small club to a big one recently.

So does not go against the argument of all the smaller clubs losing players to bigger clubs etc or are you saying that if the transfer had been allowed the floodgates would open?
I'd almost love to see EF go to play with yous at club level.

kind of retaliation for moyles going to st oliver chequebooks !

Zapatista

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 26, 2010, 03:44:01 PM

thats why I said it was the correct decision, however the Dub cb have let it get to this point.
they should have stepped in at the start - like the meath co board did with various transfers from junior to senior clubs in the past 20 years.
Dublin need Fenell and the lad is being fecked about. OK he shouldnt be transferring, but if Dublin are serious about making a dent on the AI, they need the likes of EF and him playing at top level not mickey mouse junior club stuff. Meath under Boylan would never have allowed this to happen. eg McDermott moved from curragha, mcdonnell from longwood - not an objection raised as the junior clubs were told to shut it !

Heff - harrington abused his position/power twice or three times at least last season.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for other successful counties. That could be counter productive in the longrun. It would take away from smaller clubs chances of producing quality players.

supersarsfields

pity poor fennell though

3 transfer requests to 3 different clubs lynchy . Crazy stuff in my view. We were effectively 3rd choice. No thanks. I'm sick and tired of the transfer scene in Dublin. it is beyond an embarrassement.

Seiously LB? Surely that''ll spell the end for junior clubs? How much club football would a county player actually play in Dublin during the year, he'll get plenty of opportunity at county training to move above the "Mickey mouse junior Club scene"

INDIANA

pity poor fennell though

They are a senior football team Lynchy- mickey mouse stuff? Dublin has far more cases in a year than Meath has in a decade.
Paul Galvin and some of the Kerry footballers are mickey mouse becasue they play junior now?
On the sauce?

Zulu

It's my understanding that Fennell wanted to move because O'Tooles is predominantly a hurling club and wouldn't take football all that seriously. If that is the case then he was justified in wanting to move and should have been allowed.

ricky-bobby

;D ;D ;D INDIANA i should've known you were vinnies.i'll give up defending myself to your comments,ha ha.think the answer to ludermors question was that parnells are different in the well known cases due to the fact that they are transfers from outside of dublin to dublin teams which are different to internal transfers.
we have a few pending transfers too,so we're in the same boat as you indiana.
the whole situation is a mess,and harrington did what he had to.just annoyed for eamo,we need him.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on January 26, 2010, 05:23:00 PM

pity poor fennell though

They are a senior football team Lynchy- mickey mouse stuff? Dublin has far more cases in a year than Meath has in a decade.
Paul Galvin and some of the Kerry footballers are mickey mouse becasue they play junior now?
On the sauce?

This sort of half arsed argument wins out incredibly often in the Gaa. Paul Galvin does play for a Junior Club but of course you left out that he also plays for a divisional side which is how a lot of counties deal with this problem.

Some sections of the Gaa think players owe their existence to a place. Meanwhile managers can go wherever they want, demand under the table payments and run the crap out of players who 'owe it to the club'.
MWWSI 2017

Premier Emperor

Its time for the parish rule to be brought into Dublin to cut out this nonsense!

orangeman

Quote from: muppet on January 26, 2010, 06:45:36 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 26, 2010, 05:23:00 PM

pity poor fennell though

On the sauce?

This sort of half arsed argument wins out incredibly often in the Gaa. Paul Galvin does play for a Junior Club but of course you left out that he also plays for a divisional side which is how a lot of counties deal with this problem.

Some sections of the Gaa think players owe their existence to a place. Meanwhile managers can go wherever they want, demand under the table payments and run the crap out of players who 'owe it to the club'.
[/b]

Valid point but a different argument.

The situation of managers running round from club to club is real and nobody in the GAA appears to be doing much if anything to stop / curtail it - in fact some within the GAA and those in the media herald the arrival of big names to new counties.

If players are allowed to transfer willy nilly to whatever club they want or which club is paying the biggest money or providing the best set of wheels, where will it end ?

Tears ?

screenexile

It's a bullshit issue. Club football in Dublin is a joke as County Players swan in for 2 games in a year and then whatever championship matches come up. Fennell will play as little football for Vincent's as he would for O'Toole's and the lure of a Dublin Championship is the only reason he wants to go.

He has no case for moving clubs on a whim and to do so is completely against the ethos of the GAA which is about Community at the end of the day... not yeah I'll be a part of your community as long as I win something. If you're good enough you'll play for Dublin end of!