McKenna Cup - at what entry fee will you stop attending?

Started by thewobbler, January 17, 2010, 12:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McKenna Cup - at what entry fee will you stop attending?

£7
7 (13.7%)
£8
3 (5.9%)
£9
8 (15.7%)
£10
6 (11.8%)
£11
2 (3.9%)
£12
6 (11.8%)
I'll always go
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

ha ha derry

In todays Gaelic Life page 3 Ulster PRO Michael Hasson says only one complaint was made about admission prices.
Is somebody pi**ing down my back or am I sweating?  >:(

ONeill

I'll say it again - why would you start complaining about £9 in 2010 when it was £9 in 2009?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Super Dupe

If Ulster PRO says no one complained, then i suggest we all do.

I am just after logging onto Ulster GAA website and sending them a complaint via e mail.

I suggest everyone does the same.

Sonny Joe

Seriously can anyone explain to me why are we being charged £9 to watch a university team.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Maguire01

I definitely won't be paying £9 to see Monaghan v UUJ this weekend. I doubt too many others will bother either.

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 22, 2010, 02:12:34 PM
I definitely won't be paying £9 to see Monaghan v UUJ this weekend. I doubt too many others will bother either.

So, why did you pay £9 a year ago to see Monaghan v St Mary's without a whimper of complaint?

Amazing how easily it is to excite the masses online into a frenzied campaign.

Trevor Hill

This thread should be renamed: McKenna Cup - at what entry fee will you start attending?

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2010, 02:54:09 PM

So, why did you pay £9 a year ago to see Monaghan v St Mary's without a whimper of complaint?

It was the first game and Monaghan were still in the competition. This weekend is the last game for Monaghan and they can't qualify for the semi-final, so it really is a nothing game.

ONeill

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 22, 2010, 06:18:57 PM

It was the first game and Monaghan were still in the competition. This weekend is the last game for Monaghan and they can't qualify for the semi-final, so it really is a nothing game.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were emphasising the point that you wouldn't be going because it was £9, not because Monaghan can't progress.

Tyrone Dreamer

Doesn't really back up your arguement at all. Sounds like your not going cause its a nothing game.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2010, 10:01:25 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were emphasising the point that you wouldn't be going because it was £9, not because Monaghan can't progress.

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 22, 2010, 10:54:11 PM

Doesn't really back up your arguement at all. Sounds like your not going cause its a nothing game.

My point is that £9 is too much for a nothing game.

ONeill

Mike Sheehy

Surely watching whatever negative tactics Ulster teams will come up with to counteract the mark would be worth the price of admission ?

Zapatista

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 23, 2010, 05:07:53 AM
Surely watching whatever negative tactics Ulster teams will come up with to counteract the mark would be worth the price of admission ?

Well if they are all trying to counteract it there would be no need to try to counteract it.