McKenna Cup - at what entry fee will you stop attending?

Started by thewobbler, January 17, 2010, 12:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McKenna Cup - at what entry fee will you stop attending?

£7
7 (13.7%)
£8
3 (5.9%)
£9
8 (15.7%)
£10
6 (11.8%)
£11
2 (3.9%)
£12
6 (11.8%)
I'll always go
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Maguire01

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 23, 2010, 05:07:53 AM
Surely watching whatever negative tactics Ulster teams will come up with to counteract the mark would be worth the price of admission ?
Sure at least Walsh and Kennelly can enjoy their mark without having to worry about the big bad Ulstermen.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on January 22, 2010, 11:37:49 PM
So they should reduce the price for a nothing game?
They should reduce the price for all games, especially given that some of them will be 'nothing' games.

How do the finances stack up for the McKenna Cup? How much does it actually cost to stage a game (given that the majority of preparation time is voluntary)? Does the sponsor not contribute cash to the running of it? What is the basis for charging £9? What is the admission for the other pre-season competitions?

Nally Stand

Sheehy, I've noticed your posts on this board for a long time and a common theme runs through all of them which is generally the boogey men in Ulster, and particularly, Tyrone. Seems to be an awful sore point with you for some reason. Have there been recent traumas in Kerry inflicted by Tyrone or something?? Surely you should see a councillor perhaps? Or at least get some silicone/No More Gaps to fill in that gaping big chip in your shoulder? Whatever hurt Tyrone put you through, you must move on.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 23, 2010, 10:58:22 AM
Surely you should see a councillor perhaps?
And if he can't sort it out by exclusively political means, he could see a counsellor.
:P

Nally Stand

Knew i'd spelt that wrong when I re-read that! Unfortunately i'm writing from the world's worst phone an laziness kicked in. Either way thanks for the automated spell check!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mountainboii

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 23, 2010, 10:19:21 AM
They should reduce the price for all games, especially given that some of them will be 'nothing' games.

How do the finances stack up for the McKenna Cup? How much does it actually cost to stage a game (given that the majority of preparation time is voluntary)? Does the sponsor not contribute cash to the running of it? What is the basis for charging £9? What is the admission for the other pre-season competitions?

According to GL yesterday they're all €10 too, except the McGrath Cup in Munster at €5.

Gold

Quote from: AFS on January 23, 2010, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on January 23, 2010, 10:19:21 AM

According to GL yesterday they're all €10 too, except the McGrath Cup in Munster at €5.

Exactly--if it's a fiver down there it can be a fiver up here too.

I'm a student and was digusted there was no student rate

In the Gaelic Life Hasson dodged the question about student rates--he didnt even answer or explain the reason

£9 is simply too much be it for a student or normal paying punter--only a copule of year ago it was £9 into Casement for championship matches --it might actually still be
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Mike Sheehy

Sheehy, I've noticed your posts on this board for a long time and a common theme runs through all of them which is generally the boogey men in Ulster, and particularly, Tyrone. Seems to be an awful sore point with you for some reason. Have there been recent traumas in Kerry inflicted by Tyrone or something?? Surely you should see a councillor perhaps? Or at least get some silicone/No More Gaps to fill in that gaping big chip in your shoulder? Whatever hurt Tyrone put you through, you must move on.

Its the crimes against football that I find so hurtful. It is a tragedy that players like Mick O'Connell and Dara O'Se will no longer prosper in the game of Gaelic football. Thank god we rescued Kieran Donaghy from ye. He'd probably be a goalkeeper if he grew up in Tyrone.

Nally Stand

Oh it's possible he would be alrite. And we'd still bate yis. Of course we can do without him anyway, we already have enough quality men on the bench. And besides if he's that important, ye will be needing two of him to some day have any hope of beatin Tyrone!

never kickt a ball

You have my vote on that one Nally!

Trevor Hill

For those who dont have season tickets it was €15 into Newbridge yesterday. The stand was like a barn with very few seats and there were very very limited toilets facilities available. If £9 is too much for admission into Newry, with a decent stand and ample toilets then surely €15 is way too much considering the lack of facilities into Newbridge.

T Fearon