best/favourite nightclub in ireland

Started by ross4life, October 11, 2009, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cúig huaire

Cupids, Newry circa 1990.  :D  The bar staff weren't up to much though.  ;)
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 12, 2009, 02:25:26 PM
CP's - Galway
The Warrick - Galway   :D
Reardons - Cork
Tramco - Rathmines, Dublin
Flannerys - Wexford St., Dublin
D2 - Harcourt St. Dublin
Matt The Miller's, Kilkenny
Roddys - Rathmines, Dublin
The Lounge - Castlebar
Coxs - Castlebar
The Odeon - Dublin
The Ferrycarrig hotel - Wexford

Tell me you are not serious!? The Lounge is a depressing shithole!

I'd be a big fan of Halo in Galway, some spot. Velvet Rooms in Sligo too. C2 in Westport.
A lot of places in towns I've only been to once I can't remember the name of!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: Minder on October 12, 2009, 05:16:15 PM
Was in Yello in Belfast on Saturday night, wouldn't be in any hurry back to it.

i was there to 6am too , as was Glentoran's own Keith Gillespie--never again!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gold on October 13, 2009, 10:57:48 PM

6am? Is it still busy at that time? We left about 3.30? What time do they serve booze to?

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 13, 2009, 11:26:07 PM

6am? Is it still busy at that time? We left about 3.30? What time do they serve booze to?

Been in Yellow once and had a cracking night. Full of stunning women in a club where half the lads want nothing to do with them!

Is anyone aware of the places round the Cathedral Quarter that are just big empty old houses/business where a DJ comes along and they charge you a tenner in. It's open until 5 or 6 and it's BYOB. The time I was there people were smoking away and rolling joints while cop cars flew about outside and didn't care in the slightest. Think it's beside/above some gallery on Donegall Street and runs at least once a month. Place was mad!

redhugh

Quote from: gallsman on October 14, 2009, 01:35:55 PM

Been in Yellow once and had a cracking night. Full of stunning women in a club where half the lads want nothing to do with them!

Is anyone aware of the places round the Cathedral Quarter that are just big empty old houses/business where a DJ comes along and they charge you a tenner in. It's open until 5 or 6 and it's BYOB. The time I was there people were smoking away and rolling joints while cop cars flew about outside and didn't care in the slightest. Think it's beside/above some gallery on Donegall Street and runs at least once a month. Place was mad!

I think it's Belfast exposed you're on about, mad spot alright.

leenie

why?

and was does byob mean?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

the scenic route

and was does byob mean?
[/quote]

BYOB is bring your own booze,

New place in belfast RAIN some spot but the bouncers seem to be dickheads very pushy on who they will let in, no groups of fella or any of that

It used to be hard to beat a tuesday night in limelight great music, go in with £30 and youd come out full as a gypseys tit with change for a bite to eat on the way home.
Then you had the reliable bot and shaws, Karma on a monday used to be a great but its finished up  now although scratch its replacement isn bad either

The Grill in letterkenny is a good spot went down with a load of mates to escape the 12th wkend over the summer there was some craic another good one is mint in cookstown and the glenavon for the hoolies

"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Whitehair

Circus Circus, Banbridge in the early nineties! ;)

Treasurer

The Palm Club in Ballinasloe about 20 years ago!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on October 12, 2009, 04:19:22 PM
Sugar in Derry
Voodoo in L'Kenny
Coppers in Dublin
Bot, Box, Renshaws, Hatfield, Eg in Belfast
Elk in Newbridge

And finally..were most people in Derry Started off, Slaughtneil Discos!!  :D
Or for ones of an earlier vintage Ballymaguigan and Ballynease Discos

gallsman

Quote from: leenie on October 14, 2009, 02:45:54 PM

why?

and was does byob mean?

a) Because it used to be the Parliament, so still has a a substantial amount of gay clientèle.

b) Bring your own beer.

gallsman

Quote from: the scenic route on October 14, 2009, 03:21:25 PM

and was does byob mean?

BYOB is bring your own booze,

New place in belfast RAIN some spot but the bouncers seem to be d**kheads very pushy on who they will let in, no groups of fella or any of that

It used to be hard to beat a tuesday night in limelight great music, go in with £30 and youd come out full as a gypseys tit with change for a bite to eat on the way home.
Then you had the reliable bot and shaws, Karma on a monday used to be a great but its finished up  now although scratch its replacement isn bad either

The Grill in letterkenny is a good spot went down with a load of mates to escape the 12th wkend over the summer there was some craic another good one is mint in cookstown and the glenavon for the hoolies
[/quote]

RAIN is shit, and not new. Milk got ran into the ground, so it reopened as RAIN.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 14, 2009, 04:53:20 PM
Quote from: leenie on October 14, 2009, 02:45:54 PM

why?

and was does byob mean?

a) Because it used to be the Parliament, so still has a a substantial amount of gay clientèle.

b) Bring your own beer.
Really, I didn't see many overtly gay people on Saturday night - not unless you count Titty von tr**p. Also, as it used to be a gay club wouldn't the gay clientele go elsewhere as it is now obviously a straight crowd.

Isn't Rain where Milk used to be?