best/favourite nightclub in ireland

Started by ross4life, October 11, 2009, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

been to loads all around Ireland i can't decide which is best ??? which would be yours & why?

here's are some of my favorites

Rockfords Roscommon
Monsoon Ballyhaunis
QT Nightclub Castlebar
GPO Galway
Central Park Galway
Bozos Athlone
Karma Athlone
Quattro Ballina
cooper face jacks Dublin
Whelans Dublin
Earth Drogheda
Pvs longford

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Archie Mitchell

Have you not been to The Bot in Belfast or even the infamous Renshaws where many a gaaboarder learned their trade.

Rav67

The Imperial Cavan
Copperface Jacks Dublin
The Elk Toome
Mandela Hall Belfast

gallsman

Anyone who says Coppers when talking about Dublin has obviously never been to McGowans. Times in Naas, CP's in Galway, The Wash and Reardon's in Cork are all brilliant. I've heard from several sources that the Forum in Monaghan is class, but a rip-off. Perhaps some of the Armagh boys could refute or confim.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on October 11, 2009, 03:23:31 PM
Anyone who says Coppers when talking about Dublin has obviously never been to McGowans. Times in Naas, CP's in Galway, The Wash and Reardon's in Cork are all brilliant. I've heard from several sources that the Forum in Monaghan is class, but a rip-off. Perhaps some of the Armagh boys could refute or confim.

been to time naas few years ago the place is huge prolly the biggest nightclub i've been to?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

maggie

Quote from: gallsman on October 11, 2009, 03:23:31 PM

Maybe if you are 17/18.

boojangles

Crawdaddy and The POD in Dublin. Always good DJs playing.
Twisted Pepper-Middle Abbey Street, Dublin
Whelans-Camden Street Dublin
Cuba and GPO in Galway
Mulcahys in Clonmel is another memorable spot.
The Foundry in Carlow

Some super Niteclubs that are unfortunately no longer with us include:
The Temple Theatre-Dublin. Was a converted church.Student nites in there used to be unreal.
Spirit Niteclub-Middle Abbey Street Dublin.(Now The Academy) Another serious spot. Used to have pole dancers and all in there.Stayed open until after 5am.
The Oasis Niteclub in Carrickmacross was another mental spot for Pioneer discos.

5 Sams

Wouldnt be a big niteclub man these days......but in retrospect I have to mention Cupids in Newry...The Coach in Banbridge (full of loose proddy weemen :D ;))

...but the daddy of the whole lot was The Marine in the Point....ah the memories :'( :'( :'(
The Aristocrat Years

fitzroyalty

ashburn lurgan quite obviously an institution in northern nightlife. carlingford although no real night clubs is a good spot

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 11, 2009, 09:26:07 PM
ashburn lurgan quite obviously an institution in northern nightlife. carlingford although no real night clubs is a good spot

I was in Carlingford a few weeks ago,had a right aul time..
The "niteclub" was more like someones front sitting room with a DJ in the corner
You'll Never Walk Alone.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 11, 2009, 09:27:26 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 11, 2009, 09:26:07 PM

I was in Carlingford a few weeks ago,had a right aul time..
The "niteclub" was more like someones front sitting room with a DJ in the corner
we had some zuke djing in the one we were in, must have been playing his ipod  :D
Def have to get back down though

ross4life

rocky robbins i think it was called carrick on shannon was a gr8 spot & speaking of leitrim........ Freddie's Nightclub in ballinamore is more like a fight club than a nghtclub :D

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Club LA in waterford was great and also Muldoon's and Shefflin's
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC