best/favourite nightclub in ireland

Started by ross4life, October 11, 2009, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 16, 2009, 11:11:54 AM
Quote from: gerry on October 16, 2009, 11:03:34 AM
Quote from: Zapatista on October 16, 2009, 08:45:03 AM
Quote from: gerry on October 16, 2009, 01:35:51 AM
I was going to mention it, then i thought i would be showing my age so i didn't.  What about

Knock Na Moe over the years

:D :D Mind that place. I was too young to go. Wasn't there a ghost story about it?

many a good sunday afternoon was wasted drinking about it. their was suppose to be a ghost about it alright and if memory serves me right it was a girl who hung herself.  used to be a great spot for bands like smokie and luv bug

Ah the lovely June Cunningham...subject of manys an 80s schoolboy fantasy :-*
They did the Freshers ball in 1996 at Jordanstown and they would have been 'mature' at that stage but we still though she was quality!  :P

5 Sams

Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 16, 2009, 11:17:25 AM
I was going to mention it, then i thought i would be showing my age so i didn't.  What about

:D :D Mind that place. I was too young to go. Wasn't there a ghost story about it?

many a good sunday afternoon was wasted drinking about it. their was suppose to be a ghost about it alright and if memory serves me right it was a girl who hung herself.  used to be a great spot for bands like smokie and luv bug

They did the Freshers ball in 1996 at Jordanstown and they would have been 'mature' at that stage but we still though she was quality!  :P

They played at our Christmas do in the Canal Court last year Doogie........she's still quality :o Dunno about the music though :D
The Aristocrat Years

Doogie Browser

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 16, 2009, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on October 16, 2009, 11:17:25 AM

They played at our Christmas do in the Canal Court last year Doogie........she's still quality :o Dunno about the music though :D
'Luv Bug - the poor mans Bagatelle'  ;D

Canalman

Grill in Letterkeny I agree used to be a great spot. Used also to be a great spot on Leeson Street called Rios...... long gone I think. A real lively spot during the week.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Canalman on October 16, 2009, 01:13:23 PM
Grill in Letterkeny I agree used to be a great spot. Used also to be a great spot on Leeson Street called Rios...... long gone I think. A real lively spot during the week.

Na Rios is still there... well I was in it a couple of years ago so definitely not long gone.  I haven't heard anything about it closing down since I was in it
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

The Palace on Camden street in Dublin is a unbelievable spot.... dead as a door nail during the week but absolutely wedged at the weekend... and the amount of lovely ladies floating around in it is serious too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

gallsman

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 16, 2009, 02:39:24 PM
The Palace on Camden street in Dublin is a unbelievable spot.... dead as a door nail during the week but absolutely wedged at the weekend... and the amount of lovely ladies floating around in it is serious too

Would have agreed with you two years ago. Full of Trinity and UCD Law and business students. Place itself was a dive though. Has been redone over the summer apparently. It's now a tenner in and the club is upstairs.

Rios is still there but has had it's name changed I think.

leenie

was in the glenavon last nite for more power... great nite

the new niteclub is class, they've done some job on it... was very impressed, not a carpet in sight..

and instead of the smell of puke it was fresh paint...
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

thebigfella

Quote from: leenie on December 29, 2009, 02:34:53 PM
was in the glenavon last nite for more power... great nite

the new niteclub is class, they've done some job on it... was very impressed, not a carpet in sight..

and instead of the smell of puke it was fresh paint...

I can think of nothing worse, hardly in keeping with the title of the thread  :P

fitzroyalty

derryhirk inn, slug a bottle of buckfast in the carpark then into the wee place to find a dirtybirdy. take her to the magic garden and have your way with her, then walk home in the pissing rain!

thebandit

Quote from: gallsman on October 16, 2009, 07:20:54 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on October 16, 2009, 02:39:24 PM

Would have agreed with you two years ago. Full of Trinity and UCD Law and business students. Place itself was a dive though. Has been redone over the summer apparently. It's now a tenner in and the club is upstairs.

Rios is still there but has had it's name changed I think.

It called NV now

wallyman

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 29, 2009, 03:33:02 PM
derryhirk inn, slug a bottle of buckfast in the carpark then into the wee place to find a dirtybirdy. take her to the magic garden and have your way with her, then walk home in the pissing rain!

Ahoy hoy sailor!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 29, 2009, 03:33:02 PM
Didn't something strange/sinister happn there about 10 years ago? Brits held the place up or something?

lynchbhoy

RIP Copper faced jacks

was in it the week before Christmas for the first time in nearly 10 years and it has gone from being brilliant to being a complete tip.
At least upstairs used to be a good spot, but upstairs is now exactly the same as downstairs and I wont be back.
I will hold on to the good memories and instead head to mcgowans in future.

thebigfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 30, 2009, 10:31:17 AM
RIP Copper faced jacks

was in it the week before Christmas for the first time in nearly 10 years and it has gone from being brilliant to being a complete tip.
At least upstairs used to be a good spot, but upstairs is now exactly the same as downstairs and I wont be back.
I will hold on to the good memories and instead head to mcgowans in future.

Whats wrong, you upset cause you could pull in Dublin's premier meatmarket?   :D