Kerry v Cork All Ireland Final 2009

Started by magickingdom, August 30, 2009, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

What's the build up like down there? Missing the feeling.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnpower

Quote from: ONeill on September 08, 2009, 06:00:27 PM
What's the build up like down there? Missing the feeling.

I am finding it a bit quiet . I think there is an element of cautiousness on both sides given how close games have been on balance since the 2007 final . As usual some guys (on both sides ) cant see their team been beaten . I as a Kerry man am worried that Donaghy is lacking full match fitness and might not figure . I think it is very hard for a player to miss so many matches and be expected to make a major impact in an All Ireland Final .

I hope Jack has the lads ready to peak on the big day just like 2004 and 2006 .?

I need to find myself a ticket while avoiding getting into a bidding war . I spent far too much for tickets in the past 2 finals . I never get one through the club so I have to rely on other sources .

gaagaa

whats the availability of tockets like for the final?
might go down on sunday to match it as ive business further south on the monday

johnpower

Quote from: gaagaa on September 09, 2009, 08:45:25 PM

Not sure yet ,heard a lot of tickets turmed up the day of the hurling .

johnpower

Quote from: johnpower on September 09, 2009, 08:54:18 PM
Quote from: gaagaa on September 09, 2009, 08:45:25 PM

Not sure yet ,heard a lot of tickets turmed up the day of the hurling .

Just to keep the topic on page 1

Fear ón Srath Bán

What are the sentiments down Kingdom way John, confident?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Kerry Mike

We've been training behind closed doors this last 2 weeks (one to keep the Langers away, two to keep the Swine flu out and 3 to get some good auld fashioned skelping out of the systems), some of the talk around Langerland this week is not that they are going to win but that they will give us a good hiding in the process such is their confidence, I hear Kerry's training is just about coming up with new ways to keep the ball kicked out to the Langeroos so they can win in style.
Your would nearly be happy for them to win adding to their depressingly low 6 All Irelands. 

Lowest build up I have seen in all my years for a final, but the pressure is really on the Langers no doubt about that, they cannot be seen to be the team to lose 6 times to Kerry in Croke Park, they would become an even bigger laughing stock than their hurlers at the start of the year if that is possible. The Ball Grabber will have them primed though and it will be an interesting battle ahead.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sláinte KM, as entertainingly objective as ever  :D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 10, 2009, 08:08:28 PM
What are the sentiments down Kingdom way John, confident?

Fear , No real confidence .From what I hear from my sources (closer to things than I ) there exists a bit of worry about the the drop in form against the Royals . This combined with Donaghys lack of match practice are causing me some concern . The pace and power of Corks middle third will be hard to overcome .

Kerry Mike

QuoteI wonder where Sam is now?

Its another September after Tyrone have won it, so ye are getting good at the drill at this stage, It usually goes along the line of Tyrone being out of football again in August followed by a few weeks of moaning, so tell Cuthbert to shine Mr Maguire up well and send him back to Croke Park in good condition this time. Thanks.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on September 10, 2009, 08:40:56 PM
Fear , No real confidence .From what I hear from my sources (closer to things than I ) there exists a bit of worry about the the drop in form against the Royals . This combined with Donaghys lack of match practice are causing me some concern . The pace and power of Corks middle third will be hard to overcome .

Concern about Donaghy is understandable John, I'd be very surprised if he's a starter; a first game after injury at this stage of the Championship (or even from the Quarters on) is a very risky strategy.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 10, 2009, 08:25:47 PM
We've been training behind closed doors this last 2 weeks (one to keep the Langers away, two to keep the Swine flu out and 3 to get some good auld fashioned skelping out of the systems), some of the talk around Langerland this week is not that they are going to win but that they will give us a good hiding in the process such is their confidence, I hear Kerry's training is just about coming up with new ways to keep the ball kicked out to the Langeroos so they can win in style.
Your would nearly be happy for them to win adding to their depressingly low 6 All Irelands. 

Lowest build up I have seen in all my years for a final, but the pressure is really on the Langers no doubt about that, they cannot be seen to be the team to lose 6 times to Kerry in Croke Park, they would become an even bigger laughing stock than their hurlers at the start of the year if that is possible. The Ball Grabber will have them primed though and it will be an interesting battle ahead.

No Brendan Guiney around to be going "back to basics" this year though KM!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kerry Mike

Brendan is gone from the panel a few years, but he was a handy man to have around the training field. He was rewarded by getting two runs in winning finals for the last few mins of both. An unlucky player who could never break into the starting line up but he was a good footballer in his day.

AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ONeill on September 10, 2009, 08:33:38 PM
I wonder where Sam is now?

in the shower...washing the filth away...........