Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bredaghgael86

Has anyone ever heard of an indirect free? came from a lad hitting his own player on the leg, game was stopped but indirect free cause we were in possession! i know what i think but i wana check

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on August 03, 2011, 11:36:09 PM
The rule isn't that the ball gets brought forward. It's 13m in a more advantageous position If it was a free

Can he turn a sideline ball into a free because of kicking the ball away? then move it? either way a lot of hurlers missed out tonight.

Yes the indirect free is given if a team is in possession of the ball if someone is injured and the referee blows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bredaghgael86

but is it should the game not only be stopped due to a head injury? i stand corrected.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on August 03, 2011, 11:52:15 PM
but is it should the game not only be stopped due to a head injury? i stand corrected.

No, they have moved on from that crazy  one, what if someone has ruptured a spleen during a challenge and you play on??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Just Puck It

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2011, 11:44:30 PM
The rule isn't that the ball gets brought forward. It's 13m in a more advantageous position If it was a free

Can he turn a sideline ball into a free because of kicking the ball away? then move it? either way a lot of hurlers missed out tonight.

Yes the indirect free is given if a team is in possession of the ball if someone is injured and the referee blows

I think that the referee can claim that as dissent and therefore give a free against the player.  Open to correction.   

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2011, 10:50:59 PM
Our games (div 2 div 4) were called off due to the County banning us from having home games because footballers belonging to the club during a Reserve Championship Shield game abused the referee and he didn't get their names after the game.

The county ask the club to tell them who it was otherwise they would ban all the teams within the club from having home games plus £500 fine.

I am a referee and have done loads of games were you get 'abused' 'ref you're a f**king cheat' 'Your f**king useless' 'Do ya know the rules ya d**khead?'

Now the dicks from that team should not have give off to the referee, the game in injury time was level, the won a sideline ball and a player kicked the ball away, the referee moved the ball 15 meters in from the sideline (thats a new rule for me) and they slotted the ball over and won the match.

I'm raging that we ended up with 30 + players on a great night for hurling missing out, not just our lads, but the 30 plus players from Glenarm and Ardoyne.

Maybe the next few games I get I should report all the teams to the county if I'm called a d**khead. I'm guessing all of them
He can't move a sideline but he can award a free.

maxpower

I think the ref can turn a sideline into a free and again every right to move it forward.

The new rule of awarding an indirect free to the team in possession is a good one. Not fair penalising the team in possession for an injury to either team.

Decent win for ourselves against portaferry - minus paul braniff
What happens next????

Applesisapples

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on August 03, 2011, 11:42:39 PM
Has anyone ever heard of an indirect free? came from a lad hitting his own player on the leg, game was stopped but indirect free cause we were in possession! i know what i think but i wana check
Reply yeah, we've had a few this year. Apparently when a player gets injured the ref can stop play and the team in possession gets awarded a free from which they can't score, Cork got one on Sunday in the football.

Applesisapples

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on August 03, 2011, 11:52:15 PM
That's soccer, Ref in GAA can stop play if he deems it necessary.

the colonel

I honestly don't think in the laws of the game that they can, although some ref's just seem to think that they can do what they want because they are in charge.
the difference between success and failure is energy

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 03, 2011, 09:16:59 PM
Full time:

Ballygalget 2-11 Loughgiel 2-22

Loughgiel winning at a canter to be honest. Better in all facets of the game.

Maybe some of our lads will wake up and smell the shite that's under their noses as they're certainly not as good as they think they are.

bloodybreakball

Time for some serious action to be taken. No back door agreements no pandering to clubs, stand up and stick to the rules, going to be a sad day when someone ends up dead as a result of one of these brawls.

NAG, you wrote this a couple of posts ago, bit behind I know and I dont take any joy in re-telling this, but I think that somebody has already died beacuase of one of these rows. It was in another county, minor football league match in east tyrone, local derby between one of cookstown, ardboe or moortown, something happened, full scale row. started to settle down and an 'oul' boy (maybe a mentor), pulled two young boys apart, one of the team-mates took exception to this and kicked him in the balls, 'oul' boy dropped and died on the spot, its that easy, hit somebody on the wrong part of the head, and nowadays boys are training harder and lifting wieghts .....
might be an idea, where or as much as possible for a referee to have his two linesmen and four umpires for championship matches but i understand what youse are saying in that, clubs should be monitoring themselves.

ManInBlackandGreen

Christ lads its great to see so many differences of opinions, in simple terms Rule4 4.18 clarify's all issues, however once the 13m free has been awarded "More advantageous" he cannot move it again. Thats it in a nutshell! No wonder we have some many problems.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 04, 2011, 03:40:48 PM

Christ lads its great to see so many differences of opinions, in simple terms Rule4 4.18 clarify's all issues, however once the 13m free has been awarded "More advantageous" he cannot move it again. Thats it in a nutshell! No wonder we have some many problems.
A well know Armagh Ref is renowned for turning 13m frees in to a penalty. His catch phrase was you keep talking I keep walking. would loved to have seen him reffing McDermotts and St Enda's judging by the posts on here it would have been like a scene from Sparticus Blood and Sand!

Sniper

Spot on mibag I am impressed, I even looked it up! Took a while tough  ;)