Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

pdiddy

Quote from: johnneycool on August 01, 2011, 08:52:38 PM
We've a double header with the bodies on wednesday night yet nothing on Sunday. I know there's football championship in Antrim at the weekend but are there many Loughgiel players affected by that?

I heard tonight that we tried to get it changed to Sunday but County wouldn't let us.  They said we were too late in asking  ::)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Glensman

Quote from: pdiddy on August 01, 2011, 11:00:03 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 01, 2011, 08:52:38 PM
We've a double header with the bodies on wednesday night yet nothing on Sunday. I know there's football championship in Antrim at the weekend but are there many Loughgiel players affected by that?

I heard tonight that we tried to get it changed to Sunday but County wouldn't let us.  They said we were too late in asking  ::)

Surely, as the mods on the county site keep saying, this is a decision for both teams and the referees.

Ludicrous if they don't allow with a clear weekend for both.

NAG1

Im sure both clubs could sort this among themselves.

Lecale2

Is Sarsfield's pitch closed? They are playing Armoy at St Paul's tomorrow.

concrete_boots

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 02, 2011, 06:52:49 PM
Is Sarsfield's pitch closed? They are playing Armoy at St Paul's tomorrow.

apparently because of what happened to the referee last week the county has taken home matches away form the club. Our minors play them at O'Donnells pitch on Friday night in the minor championship. Bit of a strange pitch to chose imo

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on August 02, 2011, 11:58:18 AM
Im sure both clubs could sort this among themselves.

Allegedly we were never asked to move it and I suppose its no skin off our nose, just doesn't make sense to me though.

the colonel

We play Portaferry on Sunday. Re-arranged from the postponed game a couple of weeks ago due to the weather
the difference between success and failure is energy

Seamroga in exile

Half time in the peninsula:

Ballygalget 1-02 Loughgiel 2-14.

We had the best of a strong breeze in the first half.

Seamroga in exile

Full time:

Ballygalget 2-11 Loughgiel 2-22

Forever Green

Dunloy   2-19   1-11   Portaferry   Dunloy   Round 13   
Ballygalget   2-11   2-22   Loughgiel   Ballygalget   Round 13   
Glenariffe   2-15   1-12   Ballycran   Glenariffe   Round 13   
St Johns   0-8   3-19   Cushendall   Corrigan Park   Round 13   

Antrim Reserve Hurling
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
Dunloy   3-14   3-9   Portaferry   Dunloy   Round 13   
Ballygalget   0-5   3-17   Loughgiel   Ballygalget   Round 13   

Antrim Div 2 Hurling
Carey Faughs   2-17   1-18   Rossa   Carey Faughs   Round 16   
Gort Na Mona   3-5   1-23   Lamh Dhearg   Gort Na Mona   Round 16   
Ballycastle   3-17   0-10   Clooney Gaels   Ballycastle   Round 16   

Antrim Div 3 Hurling
Rasharkin   0-16   1-12   St Pauls   Rasharkin   Round 14   
Cloughmills   3-15   1-18   Glenravel   Cloughmills   Round 14   
Sarsfields   5-13   2-9   Glen Rovers Armoy   St. Pauls   Round 14   

Antrim Div 4 Hurling
Creggan   1-17   1-13   Sean Treacys   Creggan   Round 11   
St Teresas   3-20   2-7   St Endas   St. Teresas   Round 11   
All Saints         O Donnells   All Saints   Not Played

Milltown Row2

Our games (div 2 div 4) were called off due to the County banning us from having home games because footballers belonging to the club during a Reserve Championship Shield game abused the referee and he didn't get their names after the game.

The county ask the club to tell them who it was otherwise they would ban all the teams within the club from having home games plus £500 fine.

I am a referee and have done loads of games were you get 'abused' 'ref you're a f**king cheat' 'Your f**king useless' 'Do ya know the rules ya dickhead?'

Now the dicks from that team should not have give off to the referee, the game in injury time was level, the won a sideline ball and a player kicked the ball away, the referee moved the ball 15 meters in from the sideline (thats a new rule for me) and they slotted the ball over and won the match.

I'm raging that we ended up with 30 + players on a great night for hurling missing out, not just our lads, but the 30 plus players from Glenarm and Ardoyne.

Maybe the next few games I get I should report all the teams to the county if I'm called a dickhead. I'm guessing all of them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Just Puck It

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2011, 10:50:59 PM
Our games (div 2 div 4) were called off due to the County banning us from having home games because footballers belonging to the club during a Reserve Championship Shield game abused the referee and he didn't get their names after the game.

The county ask the club to tell them who it was otherwise they would ban all the teams within the club from having home games plus £500 fine.

I am a referee and have done loads of games were you get 'abused' 'ref you're a f**king cheat' 'Your f**king useless' 'Do ya know the rules ya d**khead?'

Now the dicks from that team should not have give off to the referee, the game in injury time was level, the won a sideline ball and a player kicked the ball away, the referee moved the ball 15 meters in from the sideline (thats a new rule for me) and they slotted the ball over and won the match.

I'm raging that we ended up with 30 + players on a great night for hurling missing out, not just our lads, but the 30 plus players from Glenarm and Ardoyne.

Maybe the next few games I get I should report all the teams to the county if I'm called a d**khead. I'm guessing all of them

It's possible that the free could have been given for dissent when the back was kicked away/a player may have abused the referee at this point - then it could have been moved 13 metres in from the sideline for further abuse/gurning at the ref.  This happened to us in the Feis Cup in Glenariffe last year and it caused a serious bit of confusion amongst the people watching, but it is possible!

Milltown Row2

He moved the ball because someone kicked the ball away. Now if he can overturn the sideline to a free then move it inwards then fine, but who knows these things?? I've refereed for a few years and I'll have to get the rule book out on this  as i have never came across it before.

Shane O'Neill's need all the points they can get but will get no points for this, CCC said they will re fix the game should Glenarm be in a position of relegation!!! Well they are.

I'm annoyed at the players of that football team who have not come forward, but punish them not the hurlers who weren't even there!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

The rule isn't that the ball gets brought forward. It's 13m in a more advantageous position If it was a free
the difference between success and failure is energy