Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

JHC result  St.Endas    3-5   1-9  McDermots.  Very bad tempered affair culminating in a mini brawl after the final whistle. one of the Endas players reacted to a slap and got involved in a wresling match with a McDs man, another McDs man bowled over into the 2 of them slipped and the 2 boys fell on him breaking his leg. A good few of the rest of the McDs men then went nuts as they thought we had broken their mans leg. One guy swinging at peoples heads with his hurl, another polaxed a 17 year old kid who was walking off the pitch. Some of their lads helped calm things down but theres a good few psycos in that club that shouldn't be allowed to hold a hurl.

Milltown Row2

Mc Dees back to doing what they do best??

In fairness we haven't had a major battle with them in a right few years but Championship usually brings that outta them, mind seeing them in a play off match years ago with Cloughmills,  murder picture  :P :P

Big shock there I've noticed that Sarsfields were beat by St Teresas
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Intermediate championship:

Rasharkin 3-5  Cloughmills 4-13
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Fairhead

Quote from: Just Puck It on July 30, 2011, 11:02:48 AM
Quote from: gelvis on July 30, 2011, 10:19:45 AM
Bit of trouble at the C'dall B'castle minor championship match lastnight?  Managers and all in?

Game was into injury time with Cushendall at least 7 or 8 points ahead and they won a free about their own 15/20 yard line.  One of the Ballycastle players (I think it was their no.14 Saul McCaughan - open to correction) threw a kick and all hell broke loose amongst the players.  Ballycastle subs and supporters entered the fray first, followed by Cushendall.  Resulted in one red card for Ballycastle's Saul McCaughan.  Cushendall won by 10 points.

There was people associated with both clubs at this match who acted disgracefully so dont come on here trying to take the moral high ground on behalf of Cushendall. I think the referee could have nipped it in the bud before it escalated...he didnt and its now up to him to deal with it through his report. End of story.

Just Puck It

Quote from: Fairhead on July 31, 2011, 11:48:04 PM
Bit of trouble at the C'dall B'castle minor championship match lastnight?  Managers and all in?

Game was into injury time with Cushendall at least 7 or 8 points ahead and they won a free about their own 15/20 yard line.  One of the Ballycastle players (I think it was their no.14 Saul McCaughan - open to correction) threw a kick and all hell broke loose amongst the players.  Ballycastle subs and supporters entered the fray first, followed by Cushendall.  Resulted in one red card for Ballycastle's Saul McCaughan.  Cushendall won by 10 points.

There was people associated with both clubs at this match who acted disgracefully so dont come on here trying to take the moral high ground on behalf of Cushendall. I think the referee could have nipped it in the bud before it escalated...he didnt and its now up to him to deal with it through his report. End of story.

If you take a look at my post again you'll see that I never even mentioned the actions of anyone who entered the pitch, as I am perfectly aware that both sides have things to account for.  I merely stated that someone from Ballycastle was the first to go over the fence, but yes, so did people from Cushendall - it shouldn't happen anyway.  I'm not taking any moral high ground.

I agree with you that the referee could have done more to stop it becoming what it did.  He seemed to just stand back and watch the beginnings of the brawl as if he was waiting to see something to give someone the line for..but it quickly got out of hand. 

pdiddy

Quote from: Just Puck It on July 31, 2011, 11:57:46 PM

If you take a look at my post again you'll see that I never even mentioned the actions of anyone who entered the pitch, as I am perfectly aware that both sides have things to account for.  I merely stated that someone from Ballycastle was the first to go over the fence, but yes, so did people from Cushendall - it shouldn't happen anyway.  I'm not taking any moral high ground.

I agree with you that the referee could have done more to stop it becoming what it did.  He seemed to just stand back and watch the beginnings of the brawl as if he was waiting to see something to give someone the line for..but it quickly got out of hand.

Is that not his job?  He's not a bouncer !!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

maxpower

i'm with pdiddy, why would a referee get involved, no one is oing to protect him
What happens next????

NAG1

Yeah totally against what any referee would be told to do.

Time for some serious action to be taken. No back door agreements no pandering to clubs, stand up and stick to the rules, going to be a sad day when someone ends up dead as a result of one of these brawls.

Just Puck It

Quote from: Just Puck It on July 31, 2011, 11:57:46 PM

Nah I didn't mean that he should have been getting involved in between the players, but he didn't even blow his whistle after the first incident. 

Seamroga in exile

I hear someone got skelped on the sidelines at the Cloughmills/Rasharkin game.

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 01, 2011, 01:25:41 PM
I hear someone got skelped on the sidelines at the Cloughmills/Rasharkin game.

Go on then...more (second hand) details please.

Seamroga in exile

He got a thump for being "ill bred" from a certain "Rasharkin" man who hurls in different colours. Heard it from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Sniper

Championship has arrived! Totally agree NAG1 the county needs to deal with all this, MIBG has been spouting on in defense of Referees and what the county needs to do and to be fair I have to agree with him/her this time. I hear Referees lead by some of the senior lads are asking for a total meeting of there own committee but Tommy Mac and colleagues seem to burying their heads in the sand and ignoring requests from a fairly high number I hear. Potential Mutiny on the Horizon if they are ignored and who would blame them!

Buswhacker

Clubs need to take severe action against troublemakers and ban them for good,instead of letting them slip back in when they think the fuss has died down.The GAA is becoming a joke mainly due to the indiscipline of players and supporters alike.
Maybe each club should be made responsible for monitoring crowd behaviour and taking action when necessary no matter who it offends.

johnneycool

We've a double header with the bodies on wednesday night yet nothing on Sunday. I know there's football championship in Antrim at the weekend but are there many Loughgiel players affected by that?