Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

I'd tend to agree with you MR2.  I dont think there's much in it between Loughgiel and Dunloy with Cushendall slightly better because of their better attacking options.  The current absence of DMK and SMN however might just even things up (although I believe they will be back for the serious end of the championship).

All in all not much in it between the 'big 3' so I think it will all be on the day.

We start with Rossa in Glenravel.  Fairly confident that we'll beat them but we often struggle to put teams away in the way that Dunloy and to a certain extent Cushendall always seem capable of doing.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

the colonel

Quote from: pdiddy on July 26, 2011, 02:11:38 PM
I'd tend to agree with you MR2.  I dont think there's much in it between Loughgiel and Dunloy with Cushendall slightly better because of their better attacking options.  The current absence of DMK and SMN however might just even things up (although I believe they will be back for the serious end of the championship).

All in all not much in it between the 'big 3' so I think it will all be on the day.

We start with Rossa in Glenravel.  Fairly confident that we'll beat them but we often struggle to put teams away in the way that Dunloy and to a certain extent Cushendall always seem capable of doing.

We've always been told our options are limited up front with too many backs.....

What dates are each stages to be played?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel  Rossa  Glenravel 26/08/2011 19:15   
Ballycastle  St Johns  Cushendall 27/08/2011 19:00   
St Galls  Dunloy  Casement Park 28/08/2011 18:00   
Cushendall  Glenariffe  Loughgiel  28/08/2011 18:00
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

As far as I know QF last weekend in August, Semis 2 Weeks later and final last weekend in Sept, open to correction on that.

Wouldnt have thought the options were limited when you will be playing NMcM, PM, SMcN and KMcK all in the forward line seems to me plenty of options there.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on July 26, 2011, 02:51:11 PM
As far as I know QF last weekend in August, Semis 2 Weeks later and final last weekend in Sept, open to correction on that.

Wouldnt have thought the options were limited when you will be playing NMcM, PM, SMcN and KMcK all in the forward line seems to me plenty of options there.  ;)

Loughgiel  Rossa  Glenravel 26/08/2011 19:15   
Ballycastle  St Johns  Cushendall 27/08/2011 19:00   
St Galls  Dunloy  Casement Park 28/08/2011 18:00   
Cushendall  Glenariffe  Loughgiel  28/08/2011 18:00
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2011, 12:58:36 PM
With a few league games to go before championship I'd imagine that all the teams with serious thoughts of winning will be playing their strongest teams in the coming weeks. Cushendall have had a bit of a blip but will surely be favourites though others here will say different :o

As for who won't win it, will ourselves, Glenariffe, Rossa, Johnnies and Ballycastle have no serious claims, but who will get the semifinal spot from that lot?

We've Dunloy in Belfast (our first match in senior championship in Belfast for 5 years) As the game is at Casement I doubt that it will give us any advantage and tighter pitch would have been a better option for us to keep it competitive.

Dunloy running into form and maybe not done yet, Loughgiel waiting on the prodigal son to return for them to play his obligatory 3 games a year to try and win the championship,but it's Cushendall for me because they have a strong defence and if the right ball is played into the forwards they will beat the other two contenders.
Well, you can't expect him to play when he's injured now, can you?   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

U21 panel to face Armagh in the Ulster Hurling Final and I've included the club names for those of you who know nothing about hurling in your own county  ;D

1 Adrian Downey St Johns
2 Brian Curran St Teresas
3 Chris Loughran Sarsfields
4 Ciaran Johnston St Johns
5 Conor Gillan Shamrocks
6 Conor Laverty St Brigids
7 Conor McCann Kickhams
8 Desy McClean Gort na Mona
9 Eoin Gillan  Ruari Og
10 James Black Carey
11 James McCouaig Carey
12 Kevin McKeirnan Sarsfields
13 Mark Donaghy Ruari Og
14 Mark Scally Emmetts
15 Matthew Donnelly McQuillans
16 Michael Devlin St Brigids
17 Neilly Cunningham Lamh Dhearg
18 Niall McAlea Sarsfields
19 Nigel Elliott Cuchullains
20 Peter McKeague Cuchullains
21 Stephen McGinn Carey
22 Stephen Smyth St Brigids
23 Terry McAlister Ruari Og
24 Tony McCloskey Shamrocks

WingeandWin

Quote from: BlackandAmber on July 26, 2011, 07:52:49 PM
U21 panel to face Armagh in the Ulster Hurling Final and I've included the club names for those of you who know nothing about hurling in your own county  ;D

1 Adrian Downey St Johns
2 Brian Curran St Teresas
3 Chris Loughran Sarsfields
4 Ciaran Johnston St Johns
5 Conor Gillan Shamrocks
6 Conor Laverty St Brigids
7 Conor McCann Kickhams
8 Desy McClean Gort na Mona
9 Eoin Gillan  Ruari Og
10 James Black Carey
11 James McCouaig Carey
12 Kevin McKeirnan Sarsfields
13 Mark Donaghy Ruari Og
14 Mark Scally Emmetts
15 Matthew Donnelly McQuillans
16 Michael Devlin St Brigids
17 Neilly Cunningham Lamh Dhearg
18 Niall McAlea Sarsfields
19 Nigel Elliott Cuchullains
20 Peter McKeague Cuchullains
21 Stephen McGinn Carey
22 Stephen Smyth St Brigids
23 Terry McAlister Ruari Og
24 Tony McCloskey Shamrocks
Only one McQuillans man, no Rossa men, says it all for sure!  Terrible state of affairs!
Refs have no balls but loads of EGOS!!!!!!

WingeandWin

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 26, 2011, 07:17:17 PM
With a few league games to go before championship I'd imagine that all the teams with serious thoughts of winning will be playing their strongest teams in the coming weeks. Cushendall have had a bit of a blip but will surely be favourites though others here will say different :o

As for who won't win it, will ourselves, Glenariffe, Rossa, Johnnies and Ballycastle have no serious claims, but who will get the semifinal spot from that lot?

We've Dunloy in Belfast (our first match in senior championship in Belfast for 5 years) As the game is at Casement I doubt that it will give us any advantage and tighter pitch would have been a better option for us to keep it competitive.

Dunloy running into form and maybe not done yet, Loughgiel waiting on the prodigal son to return for them to play his obligatory 3 games a year to try and win the championship,but it's Cushendall for me because they have a strong defence and if the right ball is played into the forwards they will beat the other two contenders.
I am sure there are plenty of teams would be glad to have the "prodigal son" on their panel even half fit, ourselves included of course!  I really can see past Loughgiel to be honest.  Man for man, I feel they have more strengh and depth, youth and fitness on their side and a reasonable reserves bench at that!  We are clearly out of the picture this year without question!  I just hope there referees live upto the mark, I hope the selection of refs is kind to us in the first instance, if ya know what I mean.  ;) ;D
Refs have no balls but loads of EGOS!!!!!!

Milltown Row2

No ya can't, but 3 games a year can't be great prep for the team or the player that plays all year only to drop out once he comes in.

johnneycool

why are the league games on a Saturday night this week?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2011, 09:14:43 PM

No ya can't, but 3 games a year can't be great prep for the team or the player that plays all year only to drop out once he comes in.
I think you'll find he averages quite a bit more than 3 games a year MR2. This year he was injured, not much can be done about that other than wait to heal. There's not a club in the county, or country, that wouldn't play him if he was fit. I don't believe he'll start against Rossa all the same. An opportunity for whoever is playing to prove that they're worth their place, don't you think?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

pdiddy

Anybody got the odds for the Championship?

What about -

Cushendall 4/5
Loughgiel 8/5
Dunloy 2/1
St John's 6/1
Ballycastle 8/1
Glenarriff 10/1
Rossa 12/1
St Galls 20/1

Any thoughts?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

pdiddy

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2011, 10:47:55 AM
Shite odds.

Should be 50/1 plus from the Johnnies down.

Didn't want to be too disrespectful to the other teams but thanks, as ever, for your constructive criticism HS  ;)

Milltown Row2

Antrim level with Armagh in tonights game. Min to go