Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

On another note, I think it's difficult to choose between the "big three" this year, and I'm not ruling out a surprise challenge from another team.

I suppose on the plus side for us is the return of
Johnny and Winker. Both of whom should be fully fit and fresh for the start of the championship. On the negative side we've lost young McKillop to Australia.

IMO whoever wants it the most will win it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

WingeandWin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 22, 2011, 11:56:29 PM
There always seems to be some refs who come on here and berate other referees!!!

They should set up their own forum , as they have nothing really to add

If you are inferring that I am a referee, you could not be more wrong!  I am too young yet for that nonsense, plus I have not got a big enough ego!
Refs have no balls but loads of EGOS!!!!!!

Milltown Row2

I heard that St Johns has been burnt down!! Anyone heard anything about this? I believe they had trouble not long ago with the locals and it seems it was broken into and loads of damage was done to the clubrooms.

I have an alibi all night ;)

Hardstation, where were you late last night?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: groundlie on July 23, 2011, 01:01:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2011, 11:57:45 AM
I heard that St Johns has been burnt down!! Anyone heard anything about this? I believe they had trouble not long ago with the locals and it seems it was broken into and loads of damage was done to the clubrooms.

No word of a lie. Fire brigade working at it all night. Sad day for Naomh Eoin.

Gees that's awful if true.

Can we stop with the referee bashing??  getting a bit personal on here - no need.

Milltown Row2

Thats bad craic, for years clubs were burnt down for other reasons, now we have f**king hoods from our own area doing it.!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Common theme emerging here where a new member comes onto this thread and personally insults usually referee's.

Desperate news about St
John's
What happens next????

Forever Green

All Ireland Minor Quarter Final:

Galway 8-26-0-12 Antrim :-[

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2011, 11:57:45 AM

Saw that headline on teletext earlier about GAA club fire. Like most I suspected a loyalist arson attack. Read the article and it's f**king hoods thieving money from poker machines and robbing drink and cigarettes. Absolute scumbags.

Milltown Row2

Yes you're right groundlie, we've had a few break ins lately (changing rooms burned down) and these wnakers seem to be intent on damaging their own areas.

I heard there was arrests groundlie, is this true

gelvis

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2011, 12:35:48 PM
Yes you're right groundlie, we've had a few break ins lately (changing rooms burned down) and these wnakers seem to be intent on damaging their own areas.

I heard there was arrests groundlie, is this true

I heard there was a 16 and a 19 year old arrested.  The 19 year old had been at it before and warned.  Didn't hear any names though.  Ballymurphy I think.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

CentreHalfBack

New season - new reason

NAG1

Terrible for St Johns but hope that they can turn it into a positive and have the members rally round.

Time for that club to stand up and be counted again on all fronts.

Sniper

It will take more than that!

NAG1

Right,

Now that the holiday period is out of the way and the serious stuff is not that far away, how does everyone think the championship will work out?

I think if Cushendall get over their recent blip i cant see them being stopped. But it is a slightly worrying wobble for them.

Milltown Row2

With a few league games to go before championship I'd imagine that all the teams with serious thoughts of winning will be playing their strongest teams in the coming weeks. Cushendall have had a bit of a blip but will surely be favourites though others here will say different :o

As for who won't win it, will ourselves, Glenariffe, Rossa, Johnnies and Ballycastle have no serious claims, but who will get the semifinal spot from that lot?

We've Dunloy in Belfast (our first match in senior championship in Belfast for 5 years) As the game is at Casement I doubt that it will give us any advantage and tighter pitch would have been a better option for us to keep it competitive.

Dunloy running into form and maybe not done yet, Loughgiel waiting on the prodigal son to return for them to play his obligatory 3 games a year to try and win the championship,but it's Cushendall for me because they have a strong defence and if the right ball is played into the forwards they will beat the other two contenders.