Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Green

Quote from: Minder on July 21, 2011, 09:46:42 PM
Name : liam                                                                                                                                     20 July 2011

I was 'reading' another GAA guestbook site where 'knowledgeable people' converse with one another etc, leave comments, opinions etc re Antrim hurling! It says a lot about their collective wisdom in relation to hurling that they didn't seem too familiar with names etc of Antrim U21 players or to which clubs the players belong!
Hurler on the ditch.

Yep, there are plenty of these pseudo-experts who enjoy pontificating and derive some type of fetish posting their opinions under juvenile pseudonyms.

:D
Arseholes. Probably go to a couple of matches a year and think they are experts.

Forever Green

U21s to play Armagh in the final. They beat Down 1-11-0-10 on Wednesday.

Dunloy now top of the table with a 2-13 1-12 win over Glenariffe tonight

Glensman

Quote from: Forever Green on July 21, 2011, 09:51:17 PM
Name : liam                                                                                                                                     20 July 2011

I was 'reading' another GAA guestbook site where 'knowledgeable people' converse with one another etc, leave comments, opinions etc re Antrim hurling! It says a lot about their collective wisdom in relation to hurling that they didn't seem too familiar with names etc of Antrim U21 players or to which clubs the players belong!
Hurler on the ditch.

Yep, there are plenty of these pseudo-experts who enjoy pontificating and derive some type of fetish posting their opinions under juvenile pseudonyms.

Arseholes. Probably go to a couple of matches a year and think they are experts.

If there are no experts or people with knowledge on here feck off and don't read the site then.

One thing that has concerned me over the last few years is the disdain with which the Under 21 process is taken in this county.
In the powers down south its a natural stepping stone, minor, Under 21, senior.
You only have to look at some of the games down south over the last couple of years to see its competitive and players use it as a 'shop window' to impress to step up to senior.
Seemingly those who turned up this year (to the first session 4 days before the semi final) were all picked...I should have gone for a tight shave that day, heightened the pitch of the voice and rocked up.

Not good enough.

theskull1

Quote from: Glensman on July 22, 2011, 09:29:36 AM

Hurler on the ditch.

If there are no experts or people with knowledge on here feck off and don't read the site then.

One thing that has concerned me over the last few years is the disdain with which the Under 21 process is taken in this county.
You only have to look at some of the games down south over the last couple of years to see its competitive and players use it as a 'shop window' to impress to step up to senior.
Seemingly those who turned up this year (to the first session 4 days before the semi final) were all picked...I should have gone for a tight shave that day, heightened the pitch of the voice and rocked up.

Not good enough.

Exactly...complete bullshit but the sad reality is that it has always been a farce of a competition and has been treated as such by the powers. Doesn't seem to be anywhere in the calender for it to have a footing.

I hope liam joins us and can put us all staight on why we don't know shit about Antrim hurling. I did cringe though when some one who should know better didn't know what amalgmation Glenshesk was
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

How's you fairing up for Championship Skull? Are the Richmonds, Ally Elliot, and Dick still playing?

We have ya's at Casement on the 28th of August so it should give ya's an extra game at Casement when you blow us out of the water
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Link

Quote from: Forever Green on July 19, 2011, 04:07:02 PM
Under 21 team to play Derry:
1. Adrian Downey
2. Chris Loughran
3.  Conor Gillan
4.  Conor Laverty
5. Conor McCann
6.  Dessie McLean
7. Eoin Gillan
8. Hugh Connor
9. Jack Corcoran
10.  James Black
11.  James McCouaig
12. Kevin McKernan
13. Mark Scally
14.  Matthew Donnelly
15. Michael Callahan
16. Michael Devlin
17. Naoise O'Caiteallain
18.  Neilly Cunningham
19.  Niall McAlea
20. Peter McKeague
21. Ryan Carson
22.  Stephen McGinn
23. Stephen Smyth
24.  Tony McCloskey

alphabetical order, was a bit confused by some of them positions alright!!

BlackandAmber

Senior Hurling Friendly Saturday 23rd
July 2011
McQuillan v Antrim U21
5pm Pairc Mac Uilin

Club Bar Open after the game 

http://www.mcquillangac.com/news/details/?id=276

WingeandWin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 22, 2011, 10:45:41 AM
How's you fairing up for Championship Skull? Are the Richmonds, Ally Elliot, and Dick still playing?

We have ya's at Casement on the 28th of August so it should give ya's an extra game at Casement when you blow us out of the water

Thank god GD can't do this one. According to Loughgeil lads, he appears to be getting a little familair with Dunloy from what I have heard?  Mostly likely OE, given that RM is retired and past it. But then, he may make one of those miraculous recoveries of his!  ;D :D 
Refs have no balls but loads of EGOS!!!!!!

theskull1

Quote from: WingeandWin on July 22, 2011, 04:21:31 PM
Thank god GD can't do this one. According to Loughgeil lads, he appears to be getting a little familair with Dunloy from what I have heard?  Mostly likely OE, given that RM is retired and past it. But then, he may make one of those miraculous recoveries of his!  ;D :D 

So in your opinion you reckon he's big enough to take verbal abuse from a tr**p supporter (your very first post on this board), but not big enough to referee fairly. Confusing. But I suppose the latter is not your opinion, it's "what you've heard"  ::)

Minder

Skull1- How did the match go last night, I hear it was pretty tight most of the way.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on July 22, 2011, 10:05:25 AM
Quote from: Glensman on July 22, 2011, 09:29:36 AM

Hurler on the ditch.

Not good enough.

Exactly...complete bullshit but the sad reality is that it has always been a farce of a competition and has been treated as such by the powers. Doesn't seem to be anywhere in the calender for it to have a footing.

I hope liam joins us and can put us all staight on why we don't know shit about Antrim hurling. I did cringe though when some one who should know better didn't know what amalgmation Glenshesk was
Who didn't know?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 22, 2011, 10:45:41 AM

*Loughgiel/Loughguile
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

WingeandWin

Quote from: theskull1 on July 22, 2011, 05:02:09 PM

So in your opinion you reckon he's big enough to take verbal abuse from a tr**p supporter (your very first post on this board), but not big enough to referee fairly. Confusing. But I suppose the latter is not your opinion, it's "what you've heard"  ::)
Not my first post at all!  And I suppose you being a Dunloy man, you dont have tr**p supporters at all?
Refs have no balls but loads of EGOS!!!!!!

Milltown Row2

There always seems to be some refs who come on here and berate other referees!!!

They should set up their own forum , as they have nothing really to add
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: WingeandWin on July 22, 2011, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on July 22, 2011, 05:02:09 PM

Not my first post at all! And I suppose you being a Dunloy man, you dont have tr**p supporters at all?
Yes we do. Nothing to do with  my point though.